Trip To Vizag in My RED Angel

Thread Starter #1
Guys i have completed 1900km trip to vizag from kolkata yesterday.It was great trip.Will continue this thread with lots of photograph.

Re: Trip To Vizag in my RED angel

Guys i have completed 1900km trip to vizag from kolkata yesterday.It was great trip.Will continue this thread with lots of photograph.
Great!!! swiftkolkata.

Waiting for a detailed travelogue and pictures.

Also up date the present political situation in AP.

Great!!! swiftkolkata.

Waiting for a detailed travelogue and pictures.

Also up date the present political situation in AP.
Sir, There are lot of developments expected in AP in near future from now, so it is verymuch unpredictable till the winter session parliament meetings are over

Sir, There are lot of developments expected in AP in near future from now, so it is verymuch unpredictable till the winter session parliament meetings are over
Thank you for the update RK.

I am just planning for a short visit to some places in AP as I mentioned to you earlier. So I think it's better to wait and watch then decide.

Thread Starter #5
This trip was long pending, earlier in the month of April 2013 we have planned to go vizag but the trip was end at puri, that time my baby is only 8 months old and don’t want to take any risk. But after waiting for long 6 months again we have started planning to go somewhere nearby and shortlisted queen of hill Darjeeling. I have few friends in siliguri and almost they have arranged everything in Darjeeling but one of my friends told me that the temperature in Darjeeling is pretty low and may not good for my baby due to fluctuation of temperature. So the second destination in our mind was Vizag. My wife was not very convinced to go by car to vizag as the distance is almost 1000km from Kolkata but somehow I managed to convince her and we are all set move. Ordered car electric cattle from ebay for getting how water for my daughter during travail.
Route:-Kolkata to Vizag via puri(Night Halt)
Vizag to Kolkata via Bhubneswar(Night Halt)

Kolkata to Vizag: We have planned to start at 5.30AM but like every time we have started at 7.30AM and got stuck in New alipore in school traffic and we manage to leave Rabindra setu only at 8.15Am.There is nothing much to say about this road till Kharagpur junction but then after till Balasore most of the road was single road and full of diversion and bumper. With careful driving can manage upto 75-80km/hr. Crossed Bengal-odisha border at 12.30 PM,after another 30 min driving got a hotel/Restaurant called AHAR. It’s a clean restaurant with good food and the price. Balasore to Bhubneswar road condition is very good and can easily go above 120km/hr.Bhubneswar to puri road is so so and we reached puri at 5.45PM and took a room in hotel Victoria club. We roam in marine drive did some shopping, had some fried fish in beach.

To be continued....

Nice write up. But I presume you could have done till Vizag in a single day, if started very early. Usually people driving from Bangalore to Kolkata take Vizag mid point as nigh halt.

The post is incomplete without pictures.

Thread Starter #7
Nice write up. But I presume you could have done till Vizag in a single day, if started very early. Usually people driving from Bangalore to Kolkata take Vizag mid point as nigh halt.

The post is incomplete without pictures.
Kolkata to vizag can be done in a single day but i did not take that risk as i am having 14 month old baby and 70 year old in laws with me.

Definitely i will post photographs and rest of the travelogue...

Kolkata to vizag can be done in a single day but i did not take that risk as i am having 14 month old baby and 70 year old in laws with me.

Definitely i will post photographs and rest of the travelogue...
Good start swiftkolkata.

Waiting for the continuation and with the pictures too.

early start with kids is almost never possible.please post some snaps. the detailed route plan would also be great. i am also planning a trip up there next year.

Awesome!! Hope you had a great time. Hope the climate and the political situation didn't play a spoilsport. Waiting for the pics. BTW, how is Araku?

Thread Starter #12
Hotel in Puri(Victoria Club)

On the way to Vizag

On the way to Vizag and view of sea from Haritha Beach Resort,Vizag.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
^^Yes Sir, it belongs to APTDC which is located in Rishikonda beach. This resort has a very nice see view and you can really enjoy viewing sea from Kailasagiri which is a hill near by rishikonda beach and you will like the Lord shiva and parvathi statue on the hill[:)]

Apart from those, Bimili beach is a good place which is around 25km from Vizag and Araku valley, borra caves. you should take a toy train from Vizag to araku where you will enjoy scenic beauty of the hills which is like the train from coimbatore-ooty train. you can visit "simhachalam" temple which a famous temple of Lord Narasimha swamy

Top Bottom