A Day Trip To Lepakshi (AP)

Thread Starter #1
The plan to visit Lepakshi to us didn't come instantaneously but decision was.

Our Brio's 2nd service done last week and I didn't get any opportunity to drive it. So, I was looking to make some journey where I could enjoy my driving. Did googled a bit and zeroed to visit Yercaud checked weather it said 10 to 16'C was impressed. In order to book called many resorts on Friday night but fortunately or un-fortunately didn't found any, all were booked and whichever available was not in my budget and even wifey didn't agreed to pay 5-6k just for one night and on top of it even complimentary breakfast was not included. So, plan cancelled and I was pretty disappointed as, I thought I won't be able to drive my beauty this weekend.

The plan for Lepakshi took off:-

Then late night my wifey suggested seeing largest monolithic Nandi of India i.e Lepakshi. I was happy that atleast I am getting some drive even though if it is for One day. Called friends to join us some were busy but one of them agreed. So all things were set and time decided to leave by 9:30 AM. We went to sleep and slept tightly woke up morning it was already 7:30 AM.

Saturday 16th Journey Day:-

Got up at 7:30 Am and was lazy to get around things. Finally we had our breakfast and left to pick them up. Reached their house to pick them up and checked the watch it was already 11:00 AM great!!!.

Starting point:- Banshankri

Switched on GPS, We took yeswantpur route to reach Hebbal to proceed towards devanahalli. As usual roads was full of traffic till Airport but it reduced after that and I need to say I never found a better Highway to drive on. It's just a bliss after Devanhalli you could easily manage 120kmph.
Some 30 kms before the turn for Lapakshi to take state highway we found Kamat restaurant (don't know the place name) it was already 1PM so, decided to have lunch there itself. After that we again started. Roads are in good shape and you can easily maintain 60+ even on state highways. Finally we reached lepakshi at 2:30Pm, was happy to see Nandi statue it is big and place was neatly maintained. We spent some half n hr there and then we headed towards the temple and I was just mesmerised by the sculptures.

Now, just let the picture talking.

Total kms covered roundtrip:- 286.3kms.
F.E earned:- 18.1kmpl
Travel time one side was 3hrs.[clap]

Thread Starter #2
Re: A Day trip to Lepakshi(AP)

Attached Pics

Attachments

Good write up and beautiful pictures [clap].

Being on a weekend was the place crowded? Post some pictures of your brio too.

Thread Starter #4

Good write up and beautiful pictures [clap].

Being on a weekend was the place crowded? Post some pictures of your brio too.
Thanks and sure will upload pics of my Brio as well. Being weekend the place was not crowded at all, I could see only 3-4 vehicles there and since not much information was present about this place on this forum, I thought to make it available here.

Roads to this place is in good shape and road widening work is going right now. I was surprised to see Blr-Hyd express is so deserted[surprise]. No traffic at all hardly 1 or 2 vehicles you will find within miles reach. I could asily reach 135+ and then better sense prevailed I was back to 100+ range. Its a driving bliss Highway!!!

Last edited:

Thanks and sure will upload pics of my Brio as well. Being weekend the place was not crowded at all, I could see only 3-4 vehicles there and since not much information was present about this place on this forum, I thought to make it available here.

Roads to this place is in good shape and road widening work is going right now. I was surprised to see Blr-Hyd express is so deserted[surprise]. No traffic at all hardly 1 or 2 vehicles you will find within miles reach. I could asily reach 135+ and then better sense prevailed I was back to 100+ range. Its a driving bliss Highway!!!
Woh!! That's great of an experience. And of course this is the first time I am coming to know this place. May be this place is yet to become popular or less known or due to my ignorance.

I think people from AP can update the present political situation there.

Thread Starter #7
Good write-up buddy. Whats the approximate distance to this place from B'lore ?
It is 130-140 kms from b'lore depends on how close you stay to Airport. I am being on other side of Airport it was 143kms from my place and it is easily doable in 3-3.3 hrs with breaks.

I started around 11AM and reached there by 2:30PM with half n hr lunch break.

Return journey started 4PM and reached home 7PM with no breaks. Place is neatly kept and still commercialization is yet to happen there thats a +point of this place. I regret that we started late from home [evil]. But definetly a good place and weather was at its best during this time.[clap]

It is 130-140 kms from b'lore depends on how close you stay to Airport. I am being on other side of Airport it was 143kms from my place and it is easily doable in 3-3.3 hrs with breaks.

I started around 11AM and reached there by 2:30PM with half n hr lunch break.

Return journey started 4PM and reached home 7PM with no breaks. Place is neatly kept and still commercialization is yet to happen there thats a +point of this place. I regret that we started late from home [evil]. But definetly a good place and weather was at its best during this time.[clap]
Toll free road ? Have you been to kotilingeshwara temple ? I had plans for it but now looks like it should be better changing the plan to lepakshi. As you said the roads are good.

Thread Starter #11
Toll free road ? Have you been to kotilingeshwara temple ? I had plans for it but now looks like it should be better changing the plan to lepakshi. As you said the roads are good.
In B'lore how can you expect a beautiful road without any toll and its my bad I didn't mention it. Altogether 130rs round trip toll tax paid. out of this 30rs they took for B'lore Airport road which is in pathetic state [frustration].

Yes I have been there and it is good but I would put my cent on lepakshi when you want to have fun on driveway and not crowded place. Even kolar highway is good.

When we went an year back, I dont think we paid any Toll in this section. One of the best place I visited. You feel so cool inside the temple. (As you are in A/C). The roads are great. I felt Nelamangala Hassan road (towards Sravanabelagola) are better than this road. I felt kind of bumpy at times (while coming back especially) even though roads looks superb. Someone told me that it was because of the heavy goods lorry transport immediately after work etc.

If you go without expectation, this will be surely be one of the best place to visit. I liked Lepakshi better than Sravanabelagola

When we went an year back, I dont think we paid any Toll in this section. One of the best place I visited. You feel so cool inside the temple. (As you are in A/C). The roads are great. I felt Nelamangala Hassan road (towards Sravanabelagola) are better than this road. I felt kind of bumpy at times (while coming back especially) even though roads looks superb. Someone told me that it was because of the heavy goods lorry transport immediately after work etc.

If you go without expectation, this will be surely be one of the best place to visit. I liked Lepakshi better than Sravanabelagola
appus, Is this place in Karnataka or AP?

I think I should make a short trip, looks really very attractive.

It is in AP. But, not too far. It is 60km from Chikkaballapur. You see a Kamat upachar on left side (one and only restaurant you see in that stretch). It is 50 odd km from there.

You need to take left after Kodikonda. Around 15Km once you take left. Roads are good with less crowd.

I will try to upload some pics if i have. I loved the place :)

Top Bottom