Thread Starter #1
Ranikhet-Kasauni-Mukteshwar-Nainital: Polo road trip Oct’13

Trip Stats

Trip start date: 2nd Oct’2013

Trip End Date: 6th Oct’2013

Mode of transport: My Polo diesel

Travelers: Me and my wife

Total distance covered: 937KM

Route taken for onward journey: Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Garh Mukteshwar- Moradabad - Rampur - Rudrapur - Haldwani - Bhowali- Ranikhet

Imp note: Road between Rampur to Haldwani is in pathetic state, filled with numerous diversions and pot holes

Route taken for return journey: Nainital - Kaladhungi - Bazpur - Tanda - Moradabad - Garh Mukteshwar - Hapur - Ghaziabad - Delhi

Imp note: Road between Bazpur and Tanda don’t exist now due to heavy downpour and is extremely dangerous for four wheelers, strongly not recommended. I suggest Moradabad-Thakurwada-Kashipur-Bazpur instead of Tanda-Bazpur route.

Hotel details:

1) Ranikhet: KMVN Ranikhet near Mall road

2) Kasauni: KMVN Kasauni

3) Nainital; KMVN Tallital Nainital

Please refer KMVN official website for hotel tariff and contact details

More than a year passed since my last journey to Himalaya’s, it’s time to visit “Land of Gods” again. Till last few hours my plan was for Chitkul and Kalpa but due to leave constraint I was forced to change my plan at last moment. I require minimum 7 days to explore this region whereas I had only 5 days in hand.

Here I begin a short note on my recently concluded trip with fantastic view of Himalayan range from KMVN Kasauni:

20131003_175254.jpg

Re: Ranikhet-Kasauni-Mukteshwar-Nainital: Polo road trip Oct’13

Ranikhet-Kasauni-Mukteshwar-Nainital: Polo road trip Oct’13

Trip Stats

Trip start date: 2nd Oct’2013

Trip End Date: 6th Oct’2013

Mode of transport: My Polo diesel

Travelers: Me and my wife

Total distance covered: 937KM

Route taken for onward journey: Delhi - Ghaziabad - Hapur - Garh Mukteshwar- Moradabad - Rampur - Rudrapur - Haldwani - Bhowali- Ranikhet

Imp note: Road between Rampur to Haldwani is in pathetic state, filled with numerous diversions and pot holes

Route taken for return journey: Nainital - Kaladhungi - Bazpur - Tanda - Moradabad - Garh Mukteshwar - Hapur - Ghaziabad - Delhi

Imp note: Road between Bazpur and Tanda don’t exist now due to heavy downpour and is extremely dangerous for four wheelers, strongly not recommended. I suggest Moradabad-Thakurwada-Kashipur-Bazpur instead of Tanda-Bazpur route.

Hotel details:

1) Ranikhet: KMVN Ranikhet near Mall road

2) Kasauni: KMVN Kasauni

3) Nainital; KMVN Tallital Nainital

Please refer KMVN official website for hotel tariff and contact details

More than a year passed since my last journey to Himalaya’s, it’s time to visit “Land of Gods” again. Till last few hours my plan was for Chitkul and Kalpa but due to leave constraint I was forced to change my plan at last moment. I require minimum 7 days to explore this region whereas I had only 5 days in hand.

Here I begin a short note on my recently concluded trip with fantastic view of Himalayan range from KMVN Kasauni:

Woh!!!Great journey

Waiting for the complete episodes with wonderful pictures.

Yes, Himalayas are anyone's dream destination.

Thread Starter #6
Re: Ranikhet - Kasauni - Mukteshwar - Nainital: Polo Road Trip Oct’13

Woh!!!Great journey

Waiting for the complete episodes with wonderful pictures.

Yes, Himalayas are anyone's dream destination.
Yes It was awesome to visit Kumaon after monsoon, loved the all around greenery. Thanks for your lovely words.

Great start to the Travelogue ToughGuy. Loved the very first pic. Eagerly waiting for more now.
Thanks GM88

Good Start Tough Guys,

Waiting for the episodes with more pics[:)]
Thanks AppU

another himalayan story.......... let it flow mate. eagerly awaiting the next post.
Next updates are on its way

Thread Starter #7

Day-1

Delhi to Ranikhet (366KM)

Route: Delhi-Moradabad-Rampur-Haldwani-Bhowali-Ranikhet

We started from Delhi at 5:15AM and with couple of breaks en-route we managed to reach Ranikhet by 11:50AM, roads were mostly empty with low traffic, after Moradabad road condition was poor till Haldwani. We took Haldwani-Bhowali bypass for Ranikhet.

Ranikhet is a cantonment area and house of Kumaon regiment, If you are a nature lover then It's for you, a beautiful and clam place away from hustle and bustle of a city. on this trip we don’t have any advance hotel bookings and was free to plan our stay as per our wishes at last moment.

We called KMVN mall road to confirm the room availability and got the answer in affirmative, later found that we are the only guest for that day. Hotel staff was courteous and helpful, property location was amid the dense pine trees with no mountain views at all. Cottage rooms were large with unfurnished kitchen, enjoyed the evening inside the campus. Next day I came to know about KMVN TRH Monal few KM's away from the mall road and It has valley view also but was quite small.

Below are few pics from day-1:

1.jpg

Beautiful sunrise welcomed us after Hapur

2.jpg

Mountain filled with step farms started after Bhowali

3.jpg

KMVN Ranikhet, view from entrance

4.jpg

Explorer-1 enjoyed the road trip after a long time

5.jpg

View of Valley from the main road outside the hotel

6.JPG

Trip meter reading, clicked it on next morning.

A good travelogue on its way. [clap]

I do not know anything about this place. So, I can not comment much. Hope you had a great time.

Thread Starter #9

A good travelogue on its way. [clap]

I do not know anything about this place. So, I can not comment much. Hope you had a great time.
Thanks for your kind works Appus, Kumaon region of Uttarakhand is quite scenic after monsoon.

Thread Starter #10

Day - 2

Ranikhet - Kasauni (69KM)

We started from Ranikhet at 9:30AM and managed to reach Kasauni by 12:30PM, I must that admit condition of all major roads were excellent in Uttarakhand.

We missed Dwarahat-Kasauli road turn and took Majhkhali-Someshwar road after Golf ground Ranikhet, 20 Km stretch of this road passes through a deep forest and was very narrow, mostly deserted.

We called KMVN Kasauni for room availability and were their third guest of the day, location of KMVN Kasauni is 2KM away from main market and on a mountain cliff. Himalayan range view from here was stunning. There is couple of village houses near reception area but cottages were quite away from them.

Below are few pics from day-2:

7.jpg

Explorer-1 enjoying the valley view

8.jpg

Beautiful Himalayan range view

9.jpg

Narrow Majhkhali-Someshwar road passing through deep forest

10.jpg

Scenic Someshwar-Almora road

11.jpg

KMVN Kasauli gives you an excellent Himalayan range views

Last edited:
Kumaon is a very beautiful place of which I have got a whole lot of fond memories specially of trekking.

Refreshing those days.

Great pics and write up. Hooked to it..

I heard that post the natural disaster mainly in Gahrwal side, even Chitkul was affected. So may be in the hindsight it was good that you skipped Kinnaur.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

Kumaon is a very beautiful place of which I have got a whole lot of fond memories specially of trekking.

Refreshing those days.

Great pics and write up. Hooked to it..

I heard that post the natural disaster mainly in Gahrwal side, even Chitkul was affected. So may be in the hindsight it was good that you skipped Kinnaur.
Thanks for your lovely words.

Roads were affected in Sangla region but are open now. Currently roads may get blocked for couple of hours due to landslides and blasting.

Thread Starter #13

Day - 2

Kasauni pics are continued below:

1.JPG

KMVN Kasauni

2.JPG

Clear view from KMVN Kasauni

3.JPG

Cloud view from KMVN Kasauni

4.JPG

Another cloud view from KMVN Kasauni

5.jpg

Pic taken in between Ranikhet and Kasauni

Last edited by a moderator:

@TG

Thanks for sharing the wonderful pictures. The blue sky and the cloud formation with the green land below, woh! really great. And your Polo is adding charm to it.

Thread Starter #15

Day - 3

Kasauni- Mukteshwar-(142KM)

Mukteshwar -Nainital (47KM)

Route: Kasauni - Almora - Bhowali - Mukteshwar - Bhowali - Nainital

Since it was our longest hill drive of this trip, we tried for an early start but managed to start by 9:30AM only and reached Mukteshwar by 2:00PM without any food break. Our earlier plan was to stay at Mukteshwar for one night but changed the plan after reaching here. We hired a local guide for INR150 and visited lord Shiva temple, suicide point and had a short forest walk.

After spending around couple of hours at Mukteshwar we started our journey towards Nainital, we called KMVN Tallital for room availability and blocked a room over phone.

We reached Nainital by 6PM, and had a lovely walk on Mall road which was full of people and vehicles.

Below are few pics from day-3:

1.jpg

Lovely morning view of Kasauni roads

2.jpg

River on our way to Bhowali

3.jpg

Road after crossing Almora

4.jpg

Himalayan range view from Mukteshwar

5.jpg

Himalayan range view from Mukteshwar

6.jpg