Ecodrive...Nelliampathy

Thread Starter #1
Hi folks, this is my first travelogue , please give me suggestions to improve. Thank you
After a hectic work schedule ,felt like I need a definite break ,checked out places near Thrissur for a 1 day trip ,and finally fixed Nelliampathy .

Vehicle - ECOSPORT
Travelers - Me and my friend
Route - Thrissur - mannuthy - wadakanchery - nenmara -nelliampathy

Started from Thrissur by 9 am , am taking my Eco for his first hill drive ,

my greatest worry was the condition of the NH 47 from mannuthy , luckily the road was moderately bad only for a 5 km streach

Newly resurfaced road ,5 km from mannuthy , still remember the worst journeys through these roads ,was hell

The drive was awesome after that[:D][:D]

Paddy fields of Nenmara

The climb starts from puthundy dam ,there is a forest check post here ,where you have to summit your details

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TAI. Great place. Nice photos and places

One serious note : Please do not create separate post for each photos. It is a serious violation of forum rules. Please use the edit feature (under 30 min) to update the same post.

Waiting for the remaining part.

Thanks for the travelogue. Some fresh greenery

Nice photos. I liked the coconut tree lined road... good photo op...

My wife got very much interested in Nelliampathy after watching a fat lady showing us scenes of the place in a Malayalam TV travel program. We were not sure about the stay options there as there were mixed reviews of the few places there. Hope your travelogue will throw some light on the stay options.

Re: Ecodrive ..Nelliampathy

@DK9659

Welcome to TAI family [clap]

Ecosport and the pictures look really great.

Good to know that you were passing through my home town Nemmara; and Nelliyampathy is our closest Hill station just 25 kms away.

Yes, drive between Vadankkanchery and Thrissur was a nightmare until a month back. Now its ok except for the 5 kms stretch near Mannuthy.

Waiting for the remaining story and pictures.

One small suggestion. Its noticed from your instrument cluster that the vehicle was stopped and the engine was running idle at 800 rpm but your fuel gauge was showing close to empty. It will be better if you maintain your fuel tank above 1/4 th mark especially diesel vehicles.

@HR

If you are planning to travel to Nelliyampathy, please let me know and I can assist you.

Last edited:
My wife got very much interested in Nelliampathy after watching a fat lady showing us scenes of the place in a Malayalam TV travel program. .
Haha. Fat lady ;-)
She is the principal of some law college in Thiruvananthapuram. She is Dr. Laksmi Nair. She travels all over the place to see different cooking. She got a show dedicated to cooking as well.
I too watch at times. I saw Namakkal?(tamil nadu) and wanted to visit there. Kairali Tv is the channel

Haha. Fat lady ;-)
She is the principal of some law college in Thiruvananthapuram. She is Dr. Laksmi Nair. She travels all over the place to see different cooking. She got a show dedicated to cooking as well.
I too watch at times. I saw Namakkal?(tamil nadu) and wanted to visit there. Kairali Tv is the channel
Yes appus, she appears in the "Magic Oven" cookery program in Kairali TV

One small suggestion. Its noticed from your instrument cluster that the vehicle was stopped and the engine was running idle at 800 rpm but your fuel gauge was showing close to empty. It will be better if you maintain your fuel tank above 1/4 th mark especially diesel vehicles.
I too noticed that and I was wondering why so, especially when on a long drive...

@HR

If you are planning to travel to Nelliyampathy, please let me know and I can assist you.
I will surely consult you before the trip. Thanks for the offer.

Haha. Fat lady ;-)
[:D] Yes, it was Kairali. My wife commented that she used to be much slimmer earlier. Maybe all the cookery shows might have taken a toll on her body mass.[:D]

Thread Starter #8
Welcome to TAI. Great place. Nice photos and places

One serious note : Please do not create separate post for each photos. It is a serious violation of forum rules. Please use the edit feature (under 30 min) to update the same post.

Waiting for the remaining part.

Thanks for the travelogue. Some fresh greenery
Thanks appus

Nice photos. I liked the coconut tree lined road... good photo op...

My wife got very much interested in Nelliampathy after watching a fat lady showing us scenes of the place in a Malayalam TV travel program. We were not sure about the stay options there as there were mixed reviews of the few places there. Hope your travelogue will throw some light on the stay options.
Thanks HR ,Mine was just a one day trip , I think stay options are limited there

@DK9659

Welcome to TAI family [clap]

Ecosport and the pictures look really great.

Good to know that you were passing through my home town Nemmara; and Nelliyampathy is our closest Hill station just 25 kms away.

Yes, drive between Vadankkanchery and Thrissur was a nightmare until a month back. Now its ok except for the 5 kms stretch near Mannuthy.

Waiting for the remaining story and pictures.

Nemmara is a lovely place with some good people .I got a friend from there , and thanks for the suggestion ,actually I was checking the fuel efficiency , will keep your advice in mind

DK@

congrats for your new car and Nelliyampathy trip.

I had visited there 2 times some years before. Did you done the famous Jeep drive (4X4) to Keshavan para (If i remember correctly). I really enjoyed the jeep drive and the night jungle Safari done there when i stayed in a resort there.
You can call any Taxi jeep from Nelliyampathy junction and they will take you through the route(They take right just near to KSEB substation.Only 4x4 jeeps can do that) which was famous after the Mohan lal Movie 'Bramaram'. (In the movie he drives a jeep through this route).

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
To beautiful place in a beautiful car., wonderful pics and good travelogue. :)
Thank you rakeshkn

All the pics are excellent [clap]

I'm thinking of visiting Kerala sometime, If possible I'll include Nelliampathy[:)]
@Appu , Surely you can include Nelliampathy as it is only 1.5hr drive from palakad .

DK@

congrats for your new car and Nelliyampathy trip.

I had visited there 2 times some years before. Did you done the famous Jeep drive (4X4) to Keshavan para (If i remember correctly). I really enjoyed the jeep drive and the night jungle Safari done there when i stayed in a resort there.
You can call any Taxi jeep from Nelliyampathy junction and they will take you through the route(They take right just near to KSEB substation.Only 4x4 jeeps can do that) which was famous after the Mohan lal Movie 'Bramaram'. (In the movie he drives a jeep through this route).
Thank you Releesh , I had only one day ,for the trip , so will try next time

OMG the last post had some beauty pics of Eco-Nature.
Thank you Mukesh ,not much of human encroachment here .

Top Bottom