A Short Trip To Viduraswartham

Thread Starter #1
I am not a good narrator n photographer too.
I went to Viduraswartham temple on sunday. It was not preplanned and when I woke up, as it was sunday, I thought to go somewhere with my rayal(m800) n I choose this place. I went there with my friend.
I started by 8am and picked up my friend and reached there by 8.40am. It was a pleasant drive as the roads were good with greenary due to rains. I drove slowly and really enjoyed with latest songs.
As we reached, we went into the temple, offered pooja and roamed here and there and took some snaps. Later, took breakfast in a nearby hotel. There are no good hotels here. We spent time up to 10am and came home back by 10.45am.
Viduraswartham is a holy place located on the bank of river Penna in Gauribidanur taluk of Chikkaballapur district, in Karnataka. It is roughly 85km away from Blore and 19km from my town, Hindupur. From Hindupur, Karnataka state border is nearly 12km.
Viduraswartham basically earned its name because of a big banyan tree believed to be planted during Mahabharata period by VIDURA, a courtier in the kingdom of Dhritarashtra. This Banyan tree comprises the main god namely Aswarthanarayana swamy, because Aswartham means banyan tree which was unfortunately fallen in 2001. More over, it is the place of NAGA DEVATHA temple, where people from Andhra,Karnataka come for prathisthapana of Naga Devatha for fulfilling their wishes. People here offer pooja to Naga devatha to alleviate the problems of Naga Dosha.
An interesting fact is that it is popularly known as SOUTH JALLIANWALA BAGH.
Because, in 1938 same incident was happened with british police and during that fire 10 persons were killed. Their names were inscriped on a monument here.
Anyway, it was a nice short trip and let the pictures will speak...

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Ram sir,
Thanks for your comments.
I had gone for short trips and Except Blore, I have not done long journey in my rayal(m800). Therefore want to attend the meet at Yelagiri along with my friend. Distance between Hindupur to Blore is 100km and I dont know the distance between Blore and Yelagiri hills.

Ram sir,
Thanks for your comments.
I had gone for short trips and Except Blore, I have not done long journey in my rayal(m800). Therefore want to attend the meet at Yelagiri along with my friend. Distance between Hindupur to Blore is 100km and I dont know the distance between Blore and Yelagiri hills.
@rayal

Distance from Bangalore to Yelagiri is only 165 kms. I feel you can start little early from Hindupur, and go via Whitefield-Sarjapura and reach Attibele and Hosur and wait for the Bangalore guys, so that you can avoid Bangalore traffic and save some amount of time

Top Bottom