Short Trip - Long Memories: Hesaraghatta Grasslands

Thread Starter #1
Hi All,

Its been a while after my valparai trip I had taken My tiny long, but last weekend on a casual chat thought of going out for a 2 day trip atleast. Due to the festival - Gowri Ganesha at home, could not make a two day trip. So, thought lets go out one day.

But the question is where???

As always, we did not have any plan, just like that we group of 4 of us met and thought and came up with 3 options. One is Galibore jungle resort on the banks of river cauvery near Kanakapura, second was Devarayana durga - a temple and third was Hesaraghatta Grasslands - close to Bangalore.

It was already 12 pm on Saturday afternoon when me guys met, At Galibore jungle resort, for a day's visit we had to be there by 10 30 in the morning also we had to book a slot earlier is what we got to know when we called them up, so the option was ruled out.

Secondly, Devarayana durga, my friends did not show much of iterest. So, option was Hesaraghatta grasslands. Obviously, my mind was thinking of Hesaraghatta grasslands. Due to the time constraints as we just had to drive through, enjoy the place and drive back by night this was an ideal one. So, switched on the google maps on my android phone, it showed 28 Kms from Sanjay nagar, Bangalore. And we started, plugged in my phone on the spider like mobile holder in MY TINY and we all started. Made a mistake of going through the BEL circle, towards Goragunte palya which was a real mess with hell like traffic with huge lories and a metro construction i believe. Took almost 1 and 1/2 hours to reach Tumkur road, and later it just took 45 mins to reach the place later. Instead, if we had taken the Tata institute-->Yashwantpur route, we would have reached with in an hour or so.

Stopped for lunch in some small hotel on road side at hesaraghatta village, had one anna sambar with papad and the bill was just 94 rs for all 4 of us!!!!

We went ahead, took a right towards Adarsha film institute and thought of checking with a local villager. Though the gmaps were showing 9 mins to reach, just thought of confirming to see if we were on track and asked a person, where is Hesaraghatta grasslands? The guy was like, gotilla sir (dont know sir) !!! We were like what? And asked him its like a tourist place, is there a grasslands nearby? The reply was, in kannada - alli enu illa (there is nothing of that sort). He was in assumtion that there is no such tourist spot, But, enu illa(nothing) is what we were going for.

Hence, we just continued on a same road and on a left we saw a huge land on our right. It was mind blowing[clap]

By the time we reached the place it was slightly drizzling and the place was super cool with not so sunny, a huge empty land with greeary all around, with similar trees all across the place and the slush!!! It was a great fun and we guys had a great time. I was so crazy, drove my TINY like AS IF I WAS DRIVING A GYPSY with all excitement all over and literally enjoyed the place!!

I remember, last time when we guys at TAI were in the process of deciding a place as to where to meet, I had suggested this place, although I did not have much information about this place, but had heard of it.

After visiting this place I think its very much ideal for all of the like minded ppl who wanna drive, enjoy the place, chit chat, play cricket, do some off-roading!!!

There is no entry fee, no security, nothing!!! was surprised to see such a place with nothing at all. We could see few of the college goers who were spending good time over there.

Spent some good 3 hours, and headed back and reached home by 7 in the evening.

I would suggest this place to everyone who would just want to make a day's trip.

It was a short trip and a memory to cherish forever.

I am sure, each and every one would plan for one. Or I can say, the next TAI meet is at Hesaraghatta Grasslands???

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: Short trip - Long memories : Hesaraghatta Grasslands

few more pics attached

Attachments

few more pics attached
Girish, nice write up and good pictures.

The place looks good, but during raining the red soil gets dirty and slushy. Yeh, its an ideal place for a days meet, but are there big trees and shade to park the cars?

Thread Starter #5

Hi Ram Sir,

Thanks. As seen in the pics, there are "n" number of trees as similar to the ones. Not too big trees though. Literally, when I went for wash at MASS, the guy took 2 hours for the detailed wash of the car in and out, by looking at the washing bay most of the mechanics were surprised the way the washing bay with full red water. I and MY TINY both had a SLUSH FEST indeed[:)]

Thanks AppU, believe me I did some drifting[;)] yeah, the place is perfect in rain for offroading and some drag race, I can imagine what if we all get together over there again !!

Thanks Appu, and thanks for the PM as well. I have the quarter end at the same time where I would need to work on a weekend as well when the meet is planned, so as of now, not in a position to confirm on my presence. But, definitely make it if I am required to work on that weekend.

Last edited:

Mud - Dirt . Cant even think of taking my white car there. Hooo. I was wondering how you washed it. Lucky that you didnt have to do it. Nice place.

Nice trip. Nice narration. I remember when we went to Kokkarebellur during off season. No birds. They said 'yaake bandidu, enu illa, kokkere nu illa' (Why came, nothing there, no birds too). Later went to Ranganathittu.

Hi Girish,

This spot is where the Movie Simple Aag Ondhu Love Story is shot. It a beautiful place to hang out.

Regards
Santosh

Girish,

Nice place, nice pictures.

This place is supposed to be filled with migrating birds in winter. I have plans to go there in December.
What do you think? Is the place safe to go alone?

Thread Starter #9
Yes appu, true. The place was full of mud, slush. But, thats something I love it, especially after rains and I thoroughly enjoyed :-). I would'nt even managed to wash it if I had to do it personally, it was so so dirt below the body of the car. I had parked the car outside my home purposefully to get it cleaned after a heavy rain on Sat, but still on the day of wash on a monday, I could not have imagined so much dirt was stuck.

Thanks, Surprisingly nobody were there to ask us when we were there[:D]

Yes Santosh, I know. Wanted to go near few of the locations were the movie was shot, but wanted to return back early, so could not. Just, next to the grasslands there is a famous Kannada film institute called "Adarsha film institute" which has produced some beautiful actors, directors and other artists.

Thanks Highway ranger. Yeah, looks like. But did'nt notice any of the birds.

Sure, you can go ahead anytime and the place is safe. I was not aware that such beautiful places are so close to bangalore and we people go all across travelling hours together to find a place silent and peaceful.

I am sure, there are many other places around Bangalore like this, and we just need to explore. You can take a right at 8th mile towards hesaraghatta road, and take a left at Chikbanavara and its one straight road from there. Please let me know if you need any further information on the route. I am sure, you will definitely enjoy the place.

I remember, last time when we guys at TAI were in the process of deciding a place as to where to meet, I had suggested this place, although I did not have much information about this place, but had heard of it.

After visiting this place I think its very much ideal for all of the like minded ppl who wanna drive, enjoy the place, chit chat, play cricket, do some off-roading!!!

I am sure, each and every one would plan for one. Or I can say, the next TAI meet is at Hesaraghatta Grasslands???
This place has always been hot for Automotive Meets and Photo Shoots. We should do one meet here for sure.

Top Bottom