A Relaxing Trip To God's Own Country - Wayanad

Thread Starter #1
After a very long and hectic working schedule without a proper break, its finally a long weekend. Aug 15th!! A much needed one.
We decided to move for a long needed drive and a get away spot from this busy city life and traffic.
Web search resulted in this unique spot a small place called "Olivumala" a long way after Kalpetta town in Wayanad.
Its kinda of home stay converted to a small resort for limited crowd so that your stay will never get disturbed. Name " Little Home"
Contact Person- Jerry (owner) the best host you can ever meet.
Contact Number: 0961 192 0695 , 0944 827 5950. ( for booking)
All booking done. Days 15, 16 and 17.
Started our Journey by 6 AM on 15th Aug. Stopped for BF at Mc Donald's on Mysore rd. and then reached this resort by afternoon 1PM.

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Re: A relaxing trip to God's own country- Wayanad

Thanxs to Google map, we were on the spot with no deviations .
Had a relaxing Lunch served hot and in the room and of your choice. Could not take any snaps as we were Damm hungry by the time we reached the resort. Yes, an almost empty dish is captured by my wife [:D]
Had a relaxing afternoon and by 4PM we decided to explore this estate.
They have a small stream flowing thought the estate so the host has taken us there with a caution of leaches.
They have a remedy for this too!! Coconut oil mixed with salt, Detol and some herb oil. applied all over legs and it worked like charm. We could see leach trying their best to plug in to us but just could not. Indian home made recipe is anytime better than any other product available in market.
We all played in the soft flowing stream for a while and also did some fishing too.
Came back to resort by 7 pm. in the pitch dark of this coffee estate to the room. Had a heavy dinner again yummy and with what ever is our choice and retired for the day with the sounds of insects from the forest.
It was raining off and on all through over trek.

Few Snaps from the room over the estate connecting the forest and our exploration.

Attachments

Another Wynad trip :) ! I think Figoian also did the trip around same time.
Waiting for the detailed updates. Hope you had a nice time.

Thanks

Good Start Krish[clap]

waiting for more and more pics of Wayanad with detailed TL[:)]

BTW, your daughter looks soo cute with one finger in mouth :)

Thread Starter #5

By the morning, we could see few unexpected visitors outside the room near the children play area and so kids started admiring them.
Had a again a heavy breakfast. played around the stay before heading out.

Attachments

By the morning, we could see few unexpected visitors outside the room near the children play area and so kids started admiring them.
Had a again a heavy breakfast. played around the stay before heading out.
Good start and nice pictures krish

What time did you start and what time you reached? I think the route you might have taken is Mysore-Gundlupet-Sulthanbathery and Kalpetta. How was the road condition between Sultanbathery and Kalpetta?

Waiting for more updates and pictures.

Thread Starter #8
Thanx all for the comments.
@AR- we started at 6 Am and reached by 1PM afternoon. Yes the route is the same Mysore-Gundlupet-Sulthanbathery and Kalpetta.
Infact this place is way after Kalpetta. about 11Km from the town and need to set maps to "Olivumala" to be very precise.
Road condition was excellent and i was surprised to see the lane disciple from Sulthanbathery till the home stay. No overtaking No cutting and every one use proper signals.
On the second day, we had to follow a local bus which was stopping every 2 mins to pickup/drop ppl. No one honked or tried to over take. Was really impressed by this.
@Amit- Tariff was like down to earth. Top floor with full forest view is 4000/night. First floor (which we stayed as the top was booked) is 3500/night and ground floor is 3000/night.
These are the only rooms for visitors and so its very very peaceful stay.

Thread Starter #9
Our next visiting spot of the day 2 was chembar peak. Google maps was set and we were "spot on" till the bottom of the hill climb. This is about 11Km from the stay.
This is one of the tallest peak in Wayanad -2100m above sea level.
Drive to the top of the peak is not for faint hearts. There are many hair raising situations over the pin bends.
One side its rock and the other side its sheer drop may be 100 mts straight down and adding to this was heavy rain.
The road is a single lane (may be less than regular single lane). Had to drive carefully ensuring no opposite traffic and also calculating width of the rd on very turn.
This drive to the peak is also made adventures by rd slides along the way. No stopping all till the top of the peak so Not many snaps on this drive.

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
Day 3 with a heavy heart, we said god bye to the host and the nature which just took out all the stress and pressure which was build up in us from last few months , started to Bangalore, the concrete jungle.
Few more snaps from the a place which truly holds and lives up to its name "Gods Own Country"

Attachments

Another Wayanad TL already. I am getting to feel that I am missing this place now [;)]
Nice phots kris [clap]. Keep them coming.
Great attempt on macro photography. Liked them all.

Last edited:
Beautiful pictures and the nature at its best.

I think you escaped from very heavy rain there during last month.

When I traveled few months back, the road stretch between Kalpetta and Sulthanbathery was a hell. But now I think they laid new road.

There are lots of places and attractions in Wayanad and I think you couldn't make it due to time constrain.

Thank you for sharing

Top Bottom