The Australian Diary

Thread Starter #1
So here I am in Australia. New to this place but din't feel like stranger. WHY??? Because most of the things are similar to England. Trains, Buses, Houses, Roads and Train Stations.

So I got down at Sydney Airport, Weather was cooler than I expected. Got one Lebara mobile card and got into TAXI to my accommodation.

Well the first car that greeted me was Toyota Tarago. Driver was Indian from Punjab. He informed me that Tarago is Innova in India. Although both looks way different with respect to interiors and exteriors, but still he stood on his point and I was no mood in debating with him.

So coming to auto industry here. Most numbers of cars I spotted are from Toyota, Fords, Vauxhall (Opel or Chevrolet in India, Nissans. Spotted 2 Wranglers and 1 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Few Hyundais and 2 swifts.

Spotted few modded cars, with a great exhaust note just like Bhhhhhhooooooommmmmmmm. Ahhhh the feeling of the sound was so good, I cannot express in words.

But the best I spotted I have taken pics of that car. Let the pics do the rest of explanation. Sorry for not doing the justification for pics of the beauty, but I was in hurry.

20130814_103655 (Small).jpg

20130814_103705 (Small).jpg

350Z

Core Team
Well the first car that greeted me was Toyota Tarago. Driver was Indian from Punjab. He informed me that Tarago is Innova in India....
That’s a good start in a foreign nation to feel at home. Equally nice images as well. How long will you stay in Australia? Looking forward to read more interesting stories. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

dharmesh, no Fiats? Hope you will get your Fiat soon.
Don't forget why you were sent to Sydney - to start 'Gangs of Fiatpur' branch there :)

Nice pictures. Enjoy your stay there. Send more photos.

Thread Starter #4
That’s a good start in a foreign nation to feel at home. Equally nice images as well. How long will you stay in Australia? Looking forward to read more interesting stories. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
As of now I have no idea how long I would be here.

dharmesh, no Fiats? Hope you will get your Fiat soon.
Don't forget why you were sent to Sydney - to start 'Gangs of Fiatpur' branch there :)

Nice pictures. Enjoy your stay there. Send more photos.
Thanks. And yes once I get into groove of the Australian weather, more pics are on the way. [clap]

Btw you will see many Holden ( chevorlet ) cars there too . And SUVs from ssangyong . Hope you break the ice there soon .

Wow Dharmesh you are in Australia now!

I was not regular in TAI for a few weeks and lot of things to catch up.

Waiting for updates in your diary.

Thread Starter #7
Yes lotz of holden as well.

But today what I saw made me speechless, A XUV. [clap]. Very happy to see a Indian Manufactured car in Australia.

BTW, for FIAT fans, here I present FIAT Freemont. Sorry again for bad picture quality, but the owner of car was staring at me as if I am going to loot him. [lol]

20130815_094937 (Medium).jpg

20130815_094947 (Medium).jpg

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Nice thread and nice pics. Good to spot an XUV. Any chance to spot a TATA vehicle (CV or PV)?
No TATA vehicle as yet....

Hondas , VWs and Hyundais also have lot of cars here. Spotted VW Taigun.. looks really good, but when in India, I dont think they would be able to price it aggressively like Ecosport. It may be in the range of Duster 110Ps.

Anyways here is the pic of great great grand father of Thar.... :-) [clap][evil]

20130819_094530.jpg

Ahh one my favorite jeep - Wrangler and that Fiat looks good from the front but the rear is not that appealing. Looks like a copy of Dodge Journey.
123.jpg

Great startup dharmesh, expecting some more clear better images man, do share and awayting for your writeups and experiences in your diary.

Thread Starter #13
The suburb where I stay in Sydney is Strathfield. It is like a small chinatown. All Chinese shops, restaurants, schools, etc are all chinese people owned. I have not gone anywhere yet as most of the time I am busy with job searching.... Yes you heard it right.. Job searching.

Leaving my 2 BHK home, a car, and a good life behind, I have migrated to Alien country in search of peace, search of traffic less road, search of less polluted cities and ofcourse with all these a decent job as well.

There is a Sai Baba Temple nearby where I stay, a free bus service is provided to all devotees till temple only on Thursdays. So am planning to go there.

More and better quality pics to be followed as I start exploring Australia more and more.

.... Yes you heard it right.. Job searching.

Leaving my 2 BHK home, a car, and a good life behind, I have migrated to Alien country in search of peace, search of traffic less road, search of less polluted cities and ofcourse with all these a decent job as well.
And hopefully you might get more to enjoy in Australia . I have many friends who migrated to countries like Norway and Sweden for the exact reasons you have migrated for .
One was extremely rich but was not happy in India . He is doing a petty job in denmark relatively compared to what he was doing in India , but is very happy there . Since his mind and heart are in perfect allingment .

All the best , very few try to go out of their comfort zone to discover things . Who do life offers them wonderful expreinces to cherish .
Enjoy the process , because it is the process toward result that gives us wonderful memories then the actual result .
Go to Sydney downtown on a weekend start early you will love Sydney .

Thread Starter #15
And hopefully you might get more to enjoy in Australia . I have many friends who migrated to countries like Norway and Sweden for the exact reasons you have migrated for .
One was extremely rich but was not happy in India . He is doing a petty job in denmark relatively compared to what he was doing in India , but is very happy there . Since his mind and heart are in perfect allingment .

All the best , very few try to go out of their comfort zone to discover things . Who do life offers them wonderful expreinces to cherish .
Enjoy the process , because it is the process toward result that gives us wonderful memories then the actual result .
Go to Sydney downtown on a weekend start early you will love Sydney .
That's the plan..to enjoy the journey not the destination... :-)

I will try to visit Sydney... [:D]

Thanks Raja.. :-)

Top Bottom