My Recent Trip Bangalore to Shirdi.

Thread Starter #1
I recently had gone for a trip on my mHawk VLX from Bangalore-Shirdi.
The route followed was:
Bangalore-Tumkur-Davangere-Hubli-Dharwad-Belgaum-Nippani-Pune-Shirdi-Shani Signapur-Panchavati-Nashik-Tryambhakeshwar-Pandarpur.

Day 1:
It was a 1100 kms drive and took 21 hours to reach Shirdi.

We were 6 Members.

On the day of Vaikunta Ekadashi, We woke up early went to the temple, Offered prayers.
Then started around 5.30 am, Had break fast around 7 in Tumkur.I took a route via tumkur-davangere-Hubli Stopped for lunch.
Distance Covered 560 kms

Had meals,Then my brother took the responsibility.
He started and drove upto nippani.(260 kms).
Then stopped for a tea break , just before entering pune.

Then i took the Lead.
The main problem arised as i couldnt know where to deviate towards Shirdi.
Took a deviation towards Pune.
There the problem started.
Then went through tunnel. Was the first tunnel .
All through the highways Kept In Cruise control mode to 110 kmph and sat simply.

Then after entering pune the real problem started.
We could see a different lanes for buses,bicycle,and cars.
We couldnt see even a single sign board towards Shirdi.
All the way we rounded the whole city , From starting upto the airport.
Then Finally auto driver came to our rescue, he told us few names HADAPSAR, then Ahmadnagar Highway.
But no sign board at all.

Then somehow going on the odd roads i reached Shirdi.

It took 21 hours from Bnagalore to Shirdi with breaks in between.
Distance covered On Day 1:(1100 kms)
Will Post Some pics.

Day 2:(SHIRDI-SHANI SIGNAPUR-TOWARDS NASHIK)
On reaching Shirdi Around 3 am.
We went upto the sai baba mandir, There we could see some agents of hotels.
Took a room which can accomodate 6 people.
Entering room i just slept and i could wake up Around 10 am in morning, I was desperate for a sleep after a long drive of 1100 kms.
Then took the darshan of Sai Baba at 11am.
Then Checked out of the room.
Went to shani Signapur,
Offered pooja. And headed to Nashik the same day.
halted in Mukthi Dhaam(4 Kms Before Nashik).

Day 3:(MUKTHI DHAAM)
Visited all the near by places,
Panchavati.
Saw even the scorpio plant in NASHIK.
All the Xylo's and Scorpio's were there in the scorching hot sun, in an open field.
Then headed towards Nashik-Tryambakeshwar
Took the darshan .
Came to mukthi dhaam vacated our room.

Day 4:
Visited Lenyadri Ganapathi , Ojhar.
then headed towards Pandarpur.

Day 5:
Took darshan in Pandarpur, headed back to Bangalore

Attachments

1100 km in a single day is great going.
And some real nice pics too.
Looks like the Scorpio served you real well!!
Incidentally, how many drivers in the 6?

Great report and pictures Mukesh!

I guess only 2 drivers! 1100 kms in a single day is amazing and i bet the other members in the car would not have been very tired like you drivers thanks to the Scorpio!! So what was the FE of your Scorpio for this trip??

Thread Starter #4
1100 km in a single day is great going.
And some real nice pics too.
Looks like the Scorpio served you real well!!
Incidentally, how many drivers in the 6?
Main driver was myself.
There were 4 drivers, Out of those only 2 drove myself and my brother.
My brother drove only 260 kms. Remaining all distance was covered by me.
Total distance covered in 5 days was 3200 kms.
-----------Next Post-----------
Great report and pictures Mukesh!

I guess only 2 drivers! 1100 kms in a single day is amazing and i bet the other members in the car would not have been very tired like you drivers thanks to the Scorpio!! So what was the FE of your Scorpio for this trip??
Yes buddy only 2 were active throughout the journey.
Yes with cruise control especially on highways, I was just sitting and steering.
Total Expenditure incurred was 10,000 Rs for Diesel.
And toll costs was 1500 To and fro.
Hi Aditya, As you are from pune .
I wanted to ask you a question, Where exactly i should have taken a deviation for shirdi.
What i did was took a right turn towards Pune.
Straight route was goin to mumbai, Was there any specific deviation or Direct route to shirdi, without entering Pune.
Pune a really confusing city, Especially for 1st time visitors.
There is no proper signboards[surprise].

Last edited:
Main driver was myself.
There were 4 drivers, Out of those only 2 drove myself and my brother.
My brother drove only 260 kms. Remaining all distance was covered by me.
Total distance covered in 5 days was 3200 kms.

I wanted to ask you a question, Where exactly i should have taken a deviation for shirdi.
Straight route was goin to mumbai, Was there any specific deviation or Direct route to shirdi, without entering Pune.
Nearly 3000 km in 5 days is amazing!!! Maybe you should approach Tata for a seat in the Le Mans!!

But getting serious, I am in Pune only on weekdays, weekends see me in Gurgaon, so I am not all that great a Pune-wallah.
And Shirdi, l have not made the trip yet.
But tell you what, let me find out from my more knowledgeable peers as to the best route.
Will get back on that!!

350Z

Core Team
Nice Travel Experience Mukesh, Last year I went first time to Shirdi from Daman via Triambakeshwara Temple in our Toyota Innova and I really liked the neat long stretched highways, though I’ve no idea of directions since the responsibility was handled to our driver. On which day you reached at Shirdi? Earlier before visiting I heard by others that rush is at extreme on weekends but it was nothing as such on Saturday when I visited and joined in the Madhyan Aarti, then stayed overnight and attended the Morning Kakkad Aarti on Sunday but this time the rush was terribly increased and of course on Thursdays, The place is jam packed. Most of the scenes in pictures you have posted are familiar to me, especially the picture 4,5,9 and 10. You’ve just refreshed all memories. Great pics, Please do post more pictures and experience in detail, Also you can catch my travelogue here: My Trip to Shirdi - The Holy Place Of Sai Baba.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #8
On which day you reached at Shirdi? Earlier before visiting I heard by others that rush is at extreme on weekends but it was nothing as such on Saturday when I visited and joined in the Madhyan Aarti, then stayed overnight and attended the Morning Kakkad Aarti on Sunday but this time the rush was terribly increased and of course on Thursdays, The place is jam packed. Most of the scenes in pictures you have posted are familiar to me, especially the picture 4,5,9 and 10. You’ve just refreshed all memories. Great pics, Please do post more pictures and experience in detail, Also you can catch my travelogue here: My Trip to Shirdi - The Holy Place Of Sai Baba.

Drive Safe,
350Z

We had Left bangalore on 28.12.2009(5.30 am) reached Shirdi on 29.12.2009 around 3am.
We took darshan on tuesday around 10.30 came out around 11.15 am.
Hardly 45 mins.
The same day we left to shani signapur i.e. 4th pic we had stopped for sugarcane juice.
5 th pic was from mukthi dhaam.
9 pic was Panchavati
And another pic is of Lenyadri Ganesh Temple.
Yes i will post some more.
Yeah loved the roads it was a breeze driving in these roads, Though there were some bad stretches some how managed.
! Maybe you should approach Tata for a seat in the Le Mans!!
I didnt get what you had stated, Could you elaborate a little further.

Last edited:
I didnt get what you had stated, Could you elaborate a little further.
I was commenting on the amazing amount of km you managed in such a short time. It is phenomenal!![clap]
The Le Mans is a 24 hours endurance race, and Jaguar is actually re-entering the same after 10 years or so, and that is why I mentioned Tata!!

350Z

Core Team
We had Left bangalore on 28.12.2009(5.30 am) reached Shirdi on 29.12.2009 around 3am.
We took darshan on tuesday around 10.30 came out around 11.15 am.
Hardly 45 mins.
The same day we left to shani signapur i.e. 4th pic we had stopped for sugarcane juice.
5 th pic was from mukthi dhaam.
9 pic was Panchavati
And another pic is of Lenyadri Ganesh Temple.
Yes i will post some more.
Yeah loved the roads it was a breeze driving in these roads, Though there were some bad stretches some how managed.
Nice! For me too it took about 35-40 Minutes for Darshan on Saturday but it stretched to 2-3 hours on Sunday Morning, After-wards we went to Shani Singrapur temple which became a so tiring journey.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Did a bit of research re your query.
Best way to get to Shirdi from Bangalore, you actually should not be coming anywhere near Pune!! Solapur is the way to go.
But anyways, once you come towards Pune, you actually need to look the Nashik highway, and from the side you came, the simplest route to explain is thru the city (unfortunately). You will not find any boards for Shirdi, that is true.
You need to hit the road leading towards Pimpri-Chinchwad, and at this big T-Junction which is called Nashik Phata, you need to take a right towards Nashik. You will pass Chakan on the way, which is where Fiat and VW and all are located!!

hey mukesh nice trip. shirdi is a great place and your scorpio did the job very well. [thumbswink] and yeah, post more pictures. do you have pics of shirdi?

Thread Starter #13
hey mukesh nice trip. shirdi is a great place and your scorpio did the job very well. [thumbswink] and yeah, post more pictures. do you have pics of shirdi?
No buddy i couldnt take pics in shirdi as it is not allowed inside temple, And we had kept in hotel room.
Once we finished darshan, We headed towards Shani signapur.
And our room was far from temple.
Did a bit of research re your query.
Best way to get to Shirdi from Bangalore, you actually should not be coming anywhere near Pune!! Solapur is the way to go.
But anyways, once you come towards Pune, you actually need to look the Nashik highway, and from the side you came, the simplest route to explain is thru the city (unfortunately). You will not find any boards for Shirdi, that is true.
You need to hit the road leading towards Pimpri-Chinchwad, and at this big T-Junction which is called Nashik Phata, you need to take a right towards Nashik. You will pass Chakan on the way, which is where Fiat and VW and all are located!!
Oh gosh!!! myself did a big mistake.
As i had seen the route for sholapur towards right.
I headed of straight.
It was my mistake[frustration].

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14
Some more pics.[:)]

Attachments

Thread Starter #15
I was commenting on the amazing amount of km you managed in such a short time. It is phenomenal!![clap]
The Le Mans is a 24 hours endurance race, and Jaguar is actually re-entering the same after 10 years or so, and that is why I mentioned Tata!!
Oh yes, My scorpio did behave well to me.
NOTHING ELSE WILL DO
Oh i forgot to tell you 350z, It took 2.30 hours for darshan in Triambhakeshwar.
And after we got in we saw a big queue, Out side the gate itself.

Last edited:

Top Bottom