A Short Trip To Yercaud

Thread Starter #1
I had bought my Manza Qjt for 7 months now but was yet to go on a long drive. So out came an idea of a short trip to Yercaud for couple of days.

Yercaud :
Yercaud is a hill station in Salem District, in Tamil Nadu, India. It is located in the Shevaroys range of hills in the Eastern Ghats; the Yercaud hill area is called the Shevaroy Hills or sometimes also called as Salem Heights

Route:
Bangerghatta Road – NICE Road – Hosur – Krishnagiri – Dharmapuri – Thoppur – Salem – Yercaud (230KM one way)

We started around 6.00 a.m. in the morning on a Friday, passed Housur by 6:30 and gave a first break around 6:45. Next was around 8 a.m. in Krishnagiri for breakfast. Then we rode non stop till Yercaud and reached around 10:45 a.m.

The road after Housur till Krishnagiri has lot of diversions as 6 lane work in going on, hence speed came down. Some of the sections post Hosur town has been completed and new roads laid but a lot of sections are still pending.After Krishnagiri the roads are simply superb. It took us not more than 2 hours to reach Salem and from there on we needed to find the Salem-Yercaud road. Being Friday Salem city was full of traffic. This is a bit tricky and that’s where the GPS comes in handy and without any hitch we got onto the correct route.

The climb itself is not difficult and hairpins are pretty easy. I must say the ghat road to Yercaud is very well maintained and its easy to drive up. There are 20 hairpin bends and some more which are un-numbered. The bends are not so steep as Ooty. My Manza went up with Breeze with 4 Adults and 2 Children and considerable luggage.

We had pre-booked a resort (Greenberry) as small but nice one so we checked in straightaway. Most important aspect of this place it has 24X7 power-backup. Then we decided to go out. We had lunch at Shevaroy's , it was pretty good. Went to lake and a nice boat ride. went to few more places.

Next day was return started at 1 p.m., came down to Salem (with a couple of breaks for photos).Had lunch at GRT Grand Salem. It was good non-veg food. Started again at 3:30 pm, drove straight to Bangalore and reached at 7:30 p.m.

FE Update :
Total Trip Distance : 500km (400 km highway, 40 km B2B City, 60 km Hills)
Max Speed : 130 Kmph
Avg Speed : 80-90 Kmph
AC : 100%
FE : 18.75 kmpl

I was expecting around 20-ish but the uphill and B2B streets must have played spoilsport. Also while coming back my friend was driving at 120+ for quite a distance so that must also contributed to lower FE.

Now let pictures do talking. Another set of pictures are due from my friend, so will post them when I get it. Last pic is my Manza climbing down hill and me driving [:D].

Cheers,
Anshuman

Attachments

Great !
This gives me the confidence to ride to Yercaud. Thanks Anshuman.

The next question - Staying option . How good is the room / cleanliness ?
What is their tariff for a day stay for a couple?

Waiting for more pictures of resorts/lake and surroundings.

Thread Starter #4
You can easily drive to Yercaud in your Dzire. In fact one of our other friends came in Dzire Vxi (old).

Well, there are many staying options in Yercaud but they are very expensive. This one I found from internet, a very decent place, very new and clean, but does not have much facilities.

Check out more in - Yercaud Hotels|Yercaud|Hotels in Yercaud|Yercaud|yercaud resorts|Yercaud Hotels|Yercaud resort

Tariff - Rs 2750/- (all inclusive), with 24X7 power back (V imp)

If you need any more info PM me, I will provide same.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Anshuman these pics reminded me of trip I had made in the year end 2011.

There is a deer park, boating lake in Yercaud, and small roads make the drive more enjoyable.

Waiting for more pics from the view point.

Thanks Anshuman.
It was not about the vehicle, was more worried on the narrow road which pulled me back. TTDC stay available at 1600+. It may not be with power backup. Will check the link soon.

Thanks again

Thread Starter #7
Thanks Anshuman.
It was not about the vehicle, was more worried on the narrow road which pulled me back. TTDC stay available at 1600+. It may not be with power backup. Will check the link soon.

Thanks again
Roads are quite wide, no need to worry on that. I would advise you to stay off from that TTDC hotel as it is not good.

Cheers,
Anshuman

Anshuman,

Sorry for bringing up the topic again.
I heard Shevaroy's ! How is the hotel ?

1N/2D Couple Weekday Stay (Sunday to Thursday Check-in) in the following choice of rooms: (Sunday to Thursday Check-in)
Offer 1 – Rs.2599 instead of Rs.3400: Dahlia Room
Offer 2 – Rs.2899 instead of Rs.3750: Orchid Room
(Inclusive of tax)
Orchid Room | Hotel Shevaroys, Yercaud
Dahlia Room | Hotel Shevaroys, Yercaud

Isn't that worth? Tempted :) ! Thinking for Aug -18/19 (Sunday-Monday).

Thread Starter #10
Anshuman,

1N/2D Couple Weekday Stay (Sunday to Thursday Check-in) in the following choice of rooms: (Sunday to Thursday Check-in)
(Inclusive of tax)

That is good hotel. Just make sure you the get room you are promised.

Thanks brother. Appreciate your quick response. Only thing its that we may not get some facing rooms. Always get back money from groupon if something goes wrong. Got one more friend to travel along in our car.

Anshuman,

(Inclusive of tax)

But those rates looks to be very high to me and it is not even a place like chickmaglur, valparai, munnar[surprise]

But those rates looks to be very high to me and it is not even a place like chickmaglur, valparai, munnar[surprise]
Yes. There are some other hotels charging 11000. These guys are bed bug free :-) . Lot of place inside their compound itself (garden etc)

Have you been? I went there during my X th class. I still have the memory close to my heart. Calm, clean, cool quite place. Hope I will get to have the same experience. I do not mind even if I get to see that kind of place in bangalore. :-)

Sorry anshuman for hijacking the thread. Thought why to start a thread all over again

Top Bottom