A Korean Sojourn - 10 Days and Some Road Trips

Thread Starter #1
Landed in Korea - South Korea (called as Hanguk by locals and also as Hankook by some) on 2nd April 2013 at 13:35 local time

At a time when a maniac was making threats of a nuclear war and this warmonger from North is threatening to turn Seoul in to a Sea of fire.
Seoul is only 50 km from North Korean border.
This young guy in his late 20's who inherited the job from his father has world's fifth largest army at his disposal, basic, crude and small but nuclear arsenals and missiles.

Anyway, we found people in South were not panic and it was business as usual and normal life in South Korea.

Places visited:

Incheon - 3rd largest City in South Korea
Seoul - largest City and Capital
Daegu - Fourth largest City
Gumi - Industrial City
Jeonju - Cultural City and regarded as Food capital of Korea
Hapcheon Dam
Hanok Village
Maisan
and Suburbs of Seoul - Suwon, Anyang, Gyeonggi, Gangnam (Gangnam style)

Found this cat caged in our hotel lobby in Daegu
DSC02556a.jpg
DSC02464a.jpg

Hotel Inter Burgo where we stayed for 4 days.
DSC02484a.jpg

DSC05136a.jpg

This one was attracting a lot of people.
DSC02542a.jpg
DSC02546a.jpg

Took a Korean Air flight from Mumbai (Mumbai - Incheon (Seoul) direct in 7 hrs and 30 min actual travel time). During onward journey, we loose the time difference of 3 hrs and 30 min which is counted in addition to the actual travel time to arrive at the local time.

BLACK BEAUTY. loved the modifications done on this car, imagine if it comes to India with the same mod. how many meters can it goes with that body kits. [lol]

BTW: autosafari: hope you have enjoyed your trip to the fullest, now waiting for more pictures on this thread from your side. [clap]

@Safari, where all you are travelling these days buddy !!

Its nice to watch the travelogue to the land of Hyundai and Samsung buddy

That black beast is awesome and of course the white cat at hotel too, hotel also seems nice man

Looking forward for more story with lot of pics of Korea

Thread Starter #5
Wow, Fantastic Pics and write-up[clap].

Waiting for the more & more pics with story
Thanks Appu,
More pictures with narration on its way

BLACK BEAUTY. loved the modifications done on this car, imagine if it comes to India with the same mod. how many meters can it goes with that body kits.

BTW: autosafari: hope you have enjoyed your trip to the fullest, now waiting for more pictures on this thread from your side.
As Himalayan said, that car cannot be driven in our Cities.

@Safari, where all you are travelling these days buddy !!

Its nice to watch the travelogue to the land of Hyundai and Samsung buddy

That black beast is awesome and of course the white cat at hotel too, hotel also seems nice man

Looking forward for more story with lot of pics of Korea
Thanks Gurrala.
More pictures will be posted soon and some more of white cat and the black one too.
That hotel was an excellent one and enjoyed a pleasant stay there.

Wow the teaser itself is so great that i am glued to this thread with lotz anmd lotz of excitement.
Nice pics mate.

P.S. Black car looks beautiful. [:D]

350Z

Core Team
Nice start with beautiful snaps. Korea must be plentiful of Hyundais and SsangYongs. Keenly look forward to check out more of those interesting captures.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #9
Wow, another TL from AutoSafari. We waiting to see more pictures and writeups buddy.
Wow the teaser itself is so great that i am glued to this thread with lotz anmd lotz of excitement.
Nice pics mate.
P.S. Black car looks beautiful. [:D]
Nice start with beautiful snaps. Korea must be plentiful of Hyundais and SsangYongs. Keenly look forward to check out more of those interesting captures.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Thanks Sethu, Dharmesh and Vibor.
More pictures and description follows.

Korean roads are dominated by Hyundai and Kia in case of cars.
Kia was an independant car company earlier but it was taken over by Hyundai.
Hyundai and Kia share almost 75% of the car market in Korea.

Commercial vehicles scene:
In case of light pick up trucks (1 ton and below), it is Hyundai all the way with Porter II.

In case buses, Hyundai, Daewoo and Kia.

In heavy trucks, it was a surprise for me - Daewoo was dominating the highways.
Daewoo was the second biggest truck maker behind Hyundai when it went bankrupt and later taken over by Tata.
It was a grand recovery by Daewoo and now at least as per my observation during the 10 day road trips, Daewoo trucks were seen on highways more frequently than any other make.

There was a rare seen of a few Sangyong trucks also. (An alternative option for Mahindra to introduce their own trucks in place of the troubled Navister)

Thread Starter #11
Safari,

Have you spotted any TATA, Mahindra vehicles in Korea ??
Tata own Daewoo Commercial Vehicles and they are sold as Daewoo.

Mahindra own Sangyong and those vehicles are sold as Sangyong.

Generally, Koreans do not buy Japanese vehicles. So Toyotas and Hondas are not seen there.

Excellent start autosafari. Waiting for the next dose of pics.

I believe Koreans have the Samsung Renualt cars in their country. Do post a pic or two if you clicked of those rare cars.

Thanks Sethu, Dharmesh and Vibor.
More pictures and description follows.

Korean roads are dominated by Hyundai and Kia in case of cars.
Kia was an independant car company earlier but it was taken over by Hyundai.
Hyundai and Kia share almost 75% of the car market in Korea.

Commercial vehicles scene:
In case of light pick up trucks (1 ton and below), it is Hyundai all the way with Porter II.

In case buses, Hyundai, Daewoo and Kia.

In heavy trucks, it was a surprise for me - Daewoo was dominating the highways.
Daewoo was the second biggest truck maker behind Hyundai when it went bankrupt and later taken over by Tata.
It was a grand recovery by Daewoo and now at least as per my observation during the 10 day road trips, Daewoo trucks were seen on highways more frequently than any other make.

There was a rare seen of a few Sangyong trucks also. (An alternative option for Mahindra to introduce their own trucks in place of the troubled Navister)
Surprised to see Daewoo name. I thought the company was completely closed. Actually I like their Matiz [My spark's earlier generation] when it came to the market.

Top Bottom