A Weekend Drive To Yelagiri Hills from Bengaluru

Thread Starter #1
Presenting a brief travelogue of weekend drive to Yelagiri hills –

Basic facts-

>Place visited: Yelagiri hills (off Krishnagiri – Chennai highway)
>No of pax: 4
>Total kms covered : @350 kms
>Mileage: 19 kmpl

A brief about Yelagiri –

Situated about 160 kms from Bangalore, Yelagiri is a perfect weekend getaway option. So one can start by sun rise and return by sun set. Striking thing which anyone notices as soon as they enter the hills is – SILENCE. Yes, unlike other tourist spots, Yelagiri isn’t overcrowded which means one can spend good time with family and friends. This place is famous for paragliding adventure sport. But it would be functional only for few days in a year (somewhere btw Sept & Dec). There would be a 3 day sport event which is an International event. Apart from this there is a lake which offers boating facility, a nature park which is calm and an ideal place to just take a lazy walk and chit chat with family and friends. We had lunch at Sterling resorts, Yelagiri which served quite good food at decent price. Later we spent some time playing indoor games at the resort and then headed towards Bangalore.

Route info-

Bangalore – Krishnagiri – Tirupattur – Yelagiri. Reaching Tirupattur from Krishnagiri is a tricky part for first time travellers. After about 35 kms from Krishnagiri, one has to get off the Chennai highway and head towards right to reach Tirupattur. Note that there are no sign boards and even GPS wont come in handy. Ideal thing to do is keep an eye on the odo after turning left at Krishnagiri towards Chennai. After about 35 kms, check with localities as to how to reach Tirupattur / Yelagiri. Roads are quite good. We ended up doing bit of off-roading because we missed the turn from highway and had to pass through narrow roads through paddy fields & under railway bridges [lol] But it was an experience of its kind. The hilly drive has around 15 hairpin bends to negotiate, with less traffic driving through these hairpins was absolute fun. With 4 adults on board and Auto AC running at full capacity, Punto never complained pulling up the hill [clap]

Time for pics to do the talking -

1.JPG

1a.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

IMG_7064.JPG

IMG_7079.JPG

IMG_7087.JPG

IMG_7089.JPG

IMG_7093.JPG

IMG_7095.JPG

IMG_7099.JPG

IMG_7105.JPG

IMG_7109.JPG

IMG_7112.JPG

IMG_7137.JPG

IMG_7171.JPG

IMG_7175.JPG

IMG_7177.JPG

IMG_7223.JPG

IMG_7225.JPG

Last edited:
Re: An weekend drive to Yelagiri hills from Bengaluru

Wonderful travelogue Carfreak the pics have come really good, Yelagiri seems to be a nice place to spend a day.

By seeing your travelogue it happens for me to cover very soon this place, i will PM you once i decide to go there.

Some questions?
When you started here from Bangalore and what time you reached and came back, was it enough of time to enjoy or it took too much time for traveling.

Apart from the boating what you guys did, share some more pics of resort if you have explored there.

Thanks for sharing [:D]

Re: An weekend drive to Yelagiri hills from Bengaluru

Nice pics Carfreak. You are making good use of your Punto with recent visit here and there. Just few words from me. Keep them coming. [clap]..

P.S. Always like the way you post process pics of the Punto. [;)]

Thread Starter #5
Wonderful travelogue Carfreak the pics have come really good, Yelagiri seems to be a nice place to spend a day.

By seeing your travelogue it happens for me to cover very soon this place, i will PM you once i decide to go there
Thanks manjoo for liking the TL. Yes, its perfect for a day's outing. Anytime you are welcome to send a PM. Will be happy to provide info,

Some questions?
When you started here from Bangalore and what time you reached and came back, was it enough of time to enjoy or it took too much time for traveling
We left Bangalore @ 5.45-6 am. With about 45mins breakfast break, we reached the place before 10am & returned by 6pm. So it was a 6am to 6pm trip. Time was sufficient to have fun.

Apart from the boating what you guys did, share some more pics of resort if you have explored there
We spent some time in the nature park chit chatting and taking a lazy walk around, just drove around the hills exploring other places. There are couple of temples if any one is interested. Sorry dont have pics of resorts. The thing is it was a make shift arrangement of Sterling as very soon they would be moving to new property. Present place wasnt inviting enough for pics [;)] We just stepped in to freshen up, relax for half an hour & have lunch. Thats it.

Nice Pics there carfreak. Red Hot Punto looks awesome.
Thanks SOOZ_PUNTO

Nice pics Carfreak. You are making good use of your Punto with recent visit here and there. Just few words from me. Keep them coming.

P.S. Always like the way you post process pics of the Punto. [;)]
Thanks dharmesh, yeah like giving various effects to Punto's pics. After our trips, this would be common dialogue from my wife - 'There are my pictures too apart from Punto's, please see them as well [lol]

Beautiful place , beautiful car , beautiful pics , and beautiful write up .[:)]

Btw pics clicked by lumia 620 ?

Thanks dharmesh, yeah like giving various effects to Punto's pics. After our trips, this would be common dialogue from my wife - 'There are my pictures too apart from Punto's, please see them as well [lol]
Yes that's sure thing that we have to listen from wife at both times, while taking pics and then while seeing pics. [lol]

@CF

Nice short TL buddy !!, as usual your Punto looks great in those pics. Same question like Raja are those pics from new L 620 ??

How is the weather, I mean temperatures there, is that worth in summers. As I am planning for a short trip from Bangalore during April 25th so searching for options

Thread Starter #9
Beautiful place , beautiful car , beautiful pics , and beautiful write up
Thanks a lot Raja for kind words [clap]

@CF

Nice short TL buddy !!, as usual your Punto looks great in those pics
Thanks RK !!!

How is the weather, I mean temperatures there, is that worth in summers. As I am planning for a short trip from Bangalore during April 25th so searching for options
There is no major difference in weather. This cannot be compared to other hill stations of South like Ooty or Kodai. More than the place, we petrolheads would enjoy the drive [lol]

@ Raja & RK, sorry to disappoint you guys [;)] The pics werent shot with L620.

Thanks for the write-up and photos carfreak. Your TL will definitely come handy as TAI Meetup may happen in this place ! Nice pics :)

@carfreak nice rightup & of course pics, thanks for the info. We also intend to go there but I thought at least one night stay would be needed so couldn't go last weekend.

Looking at your report, seems even one day should be good.

I was initially thinking of staying @ Zeenath Taj overnight to avoid driving in the night/evening with 2 yr kid.

Hemant

Thread Starter #13
^^ hemantp, If you are able to start before 6am from Bangalore, one day should be fine for sightseeing; unless you want to spend leisurely time at the resort. You can plan to have lunch Zeenath Taj, so that your kid can get some relaxing time.

@Carfreak

Tell me the special about this place, where you said weather is not special which is common on any hill station, yes there may be a driving pleasure when you drive in the ghats, what else it is up-to and spending a night is worth ?? Sorry I never been to ooty,coorg, but been to Shimla and Dulhouse, horsely hills so my hill station knowledge is based on this

unless you want to spend leisurely time at the resort. You can plan to have lunch Zeenath Taj, so that your kid can get some relaxing time.
Thanks, yes I plan to spend some time to walk around so thinking of booking at Zeenath Taj (another option is Landmark but seems the ZT is better and has greenery).

Top Bottom