My review of Express way
I have been driving for last 6 years , previously driving every week and nowadays driving once every 2 months.
Some -ves first
- Cars trying to overtake from left is very common. I have even seen that if the right lane is empty still they go the left and overtake. Might have come from US
- Cars tailgatting very close at highspeeds. I can see inside the car very in my rvm, thats the distance they maintain
- People boast of their speed they have driven. They just want to show that i can drive fast.
- Trucks which are empty or not loaded drive fast even on the rightmost lane
- People try to overtake at anycost. They cant tolerate somebody else going ahead of them.Ego comes into play here.
- The tire noise becomes very high on touching eway. I drive a santro
- the roads are not smooth. at some places the ride becomes bumpy. Particularly roads near the toll naka, start of the eway and some places in ghats
- Its pathetic to drive eway in ghats during night. All 3 lanes are blocked by trunks moving at a speed of 20-30kmph.
- all cars start to use blinkers when they enter ghats, even if it is night time
- 2 wheelers on the roads . I have seen 2 wheelers driving on the wrong side of the road too
- people dont follow lanes , dont use signals while changing lanes.
For few guys eway means just going fast at any cost, doenst matter whethre they kill themself or others.
But there are +ves
- Its fun and relaxing to drive when there is less traffic.
- entering ghats with lights above, looks cool
- Driving in rains is fun.
- eway made travel between pune/mumbai easy and connectivity improved a lot.