Vellore - Sabarimala: A Long Spritual Trip of Vista (QJ) VX

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

I'm posting my recent travelogue to Sabarimala in my Whity. Thanks to my work for not letting to write about my Sabarimala trip.

Here is the Story Guys :

As we were visiting Sabarimala every year, we planned for this year also. this time we decided to take our new Vista for her first long trip to visit Sabarimala. but due to immediate arrival of dad friends, my dad decided to take his friend Innova(he having Vista, Dizre & Amby too). but, something in my heart says, that I'm going to take Vista. anyhow, I left her for 3rd service and my Vista was also ready. The day before the trip, 3 of my dad friends changed the plan & they included Thiruchandur in our plan. Due to "Surasamgaram" at that time in Thiruchadur, there should be be heavy crowd, if we go there, all our plan will get delay. so my Dad friends decided to go Thiruchandur in my Dad's friend White Vista(2010) and we decided to go Sabarimala in my Whity.

No of occupants: 4 Myself, My Dad, Brother-in-law & my cousin.

Car : White Sedan class Vista VX 2012.

Route Planned : Vellore > Guruvayoor > Chotanikara Bhagavathi temple > Erumeli > Pamba > Punnaloor > Senkottai(Kutrralam) > Madurai > Pillaiyarpatti > Thrichy > Thiruvannamalai > Vellore.

Total Kms Covered : 1650Km.

Road Maps:

Kms.JPG

Map1.jpg

The day : 17.11.2012

Once all the formalities at home completed we went to Perumal temple in my area and our Gurusamy completed the Irumudi formalities at 10:00am. As my Dad was visiting Sabarimala for 16 years & myself for 14 years. my dad will do the remaining Irumudi formalities at the sabarimala temple, once we had breakfast at 10:30am, I prepared my Vista for the trip by tying Lord Ayyapan photo and some flower around the car.

Around 11:15am: we got the blessing from Gurusamy & started our trip towards Sabarimala. we first headed towards Senbakkam Vinayagar temple(Our First temple visit every time) in Vellore itself & we proceeded our trip.

Whity at Senbakkam temple, Vellore:

car1.jpg

car2.jpg

The Route from Vellore to Krishnagiri was really fantastic. At some stretches there was a newly laid Six lane. Just cursed the car above 120Km/hr. after Krishnagiri there was a Four lane road. I really enjoyed the drive on this road. I was done above 110km/hr for constantly 30Mins, without any disturbance. Near Dharmapuri we had our Lunch, which we packed from Home.

Will be continue with more Pics and story..[evil]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #2
Continuation..

Excellent NH46(Vellore - Krishnagiri stretch):

2012-11-17 13.51.41.jpg

2012-11-17 13.52.08.jpg

While Having Lunch(Near Dharmapuri):

DSC03315.jpg

DSC03316.jpg

Providing Banana's to Monkeys:

DSC03326.jpg

DSC03327.jpg

DSC03328.jpg

While Nearing Salem the Road was good enough to Rock[:D]

DSC03329.jpg

DSC03331.jpg

Some temple with full of Shiva lingam(Near Salem):

DSC03332.jpg

DSC03333.jpg

DSC03334.jpg

Whity taking a small break near Coimbatore:

DSC03335.jpg

DSC03336.jpg

Excellent write-up Appu. Must have been a nice trip. Just one suggestion, avoid driving with garlands and photos attached to the grill, it would obstruct air flow that helps cooling the radiator too. Also, leaves from garlands might get stuck in the radiator fins.

freakdude.

Thread Starter #4
Excellent write-up Appu. Must have been a nice trip. Just one suggestion, avoid driving with garlands and photos attached to the grill, it would obstruct air flow that helps cooling the radiator too. Also, leaves from garlands might get stuck in the radiator fins.

freakdude.
Thank you Buddy.

Yes Buddy, you are right.

I tired to tie the Photo on Number plate, But no support to tie. after tried a lot, finally tied there and decided to do some alternative next time[:)]

Appu your whitey looks superb.

Waiting for more of your experiences, esp Guruvayoor in Kerala.[:)]

All the pics are superb.

Thread Starter #6
The NH condition was really good till before Coimbatore. When we are nearing Coimbatore, there was a so many diversions due to Six lane bye-pass work. After crossing all the irritating diversions, there was a heavy traffic at one signal.There, Flyover was under construction, so we need to pass that signal. It ate some good 30Mins. after crossing the signal, we headed towards Valiyar. Thanks to my Android GPS, It helps me a lot to take a correct route.

From Valiyar to Thirrusor, there was one of the worst road. Thanks to Vista's ground clearance, Even at big path holes also, Vista's under body never scraped.

When nearing to Thirrusor, I found the car pulling to Right. I thought it was due to the worst road. But, at one condition, the Pulling force was at peak. I immediately stopped car & found, Front Right Tyre got Punctured. So changed the Tyre & started our Journey.

We reached Guruvayoor at 10:30Pm & had a dinner near Temple. then started to search for the room & got the room adjacent street to Temple for Rs.750 for 4 Members with car parking. The Room was really clean & neat. Worth to Pay.

Day 2 : 18.11.2012

Waked up at 6:30am & Had a refreshing bath in room & went to temple around 7:30am. due to Malayalam month first week end, there was a huge-Queue in front of temple and we enquired some people & came to know that, they are standing from early morning 3:30am & still not entered into the temple.

We went inside the temple via Back Entrance and had a Dharsan of Lord Krishna from "Kodimaram" itself & we have no time to stand in that large Queue. But, we had good Dharsan.

As I kept the Camera was at room, not able to take any Pic of Temple :(

Had a breakfast at opposite to the temple & went to Room, packed all the things. Before starting our journey, My Brother-in-law enquired about the nearby puncture shop to the hotel Manager. the manager sent a person along with us to show the puncture shop.

we repaired the puncture, As there was no Nitrogen air available I kept that Tyre as spare. Here I done a big mistake[frustration]. I asked the Puncture shop guy to check the air pressure for all four wheels. He said the air was low and he top-uped the ordinary air to the existing Nitrogen air. And we paid Rs.100 & started our journey towards "Kodumudi Bhagavadi Temple".

On the Way to "Kodumudi Bhagavadi Temple" :

DSC03337.jpg

DSC03338.jpg

DSC03342.jpg

DSC03344.jpg

DSC03345.jpg

Now you guys came to know, why Kerala is called as GOD'S OWN COUNTRY"

After Topuped the Air, We all felt the ride was very dumpy. It seems the Puncture guy kept the PSI more than normal. As the Wheel cap tag was removed while changing the Tyre, I purchased the 4 tag's for Rs.20 & kept 2tags as spare.

We reached "Kodumudi Bhagavadi Temple" around 11:30am & had a very good dharsan then started towards "Chotanikara Temple". Here my Android GPS avoided state highways & shown some route's inside some Village. I just followed the route. Finally it reached the State highways. It was route was shorter than SH, but the roads good enough.

We reached Chotanikara around 1:30pm, but the temple was closed & they said, they will open at 3:00pm. So we waited for more than an Hour to had a Dharsan at 3:15pm. Once we finished our Dharsan at "Chotanikara" we headed towards Erumeli.

Funny Moment:

Around 5:00pm: At one place I found a tea shop & we decided to have a tea. So I parked the car in-front of a shop and walked towards the Tea shop. there one person came to me & said that my car Tyre was not on road. first I didn't understand what he said. then I found he was correct[lol]

2012-11-18 17.35.52.jpg

Again, Android GPS some single lane road to Erumeli, I just followed the route, it leads to Erumeli perfectly. At Erumeli we visited both Temple & Mosque.

The time was 7:30pm, so we thought to finish our dinner at Erumeli itself & we had Idly at one shop, it was rock solid[frustration]

Now, Its a time to check, Vista's Headlight efficiency & Pulling capacity of Engine on the Hills. As I already mentioned, we are four members & we have a 25 Liters Mineral water cane & the boot full to things.

Vita's Headlight was awesome. In the forest, It never missed any spot from it headlights. the Low beam covered the full road & the High-beam(Focus) done its job very fantastically. when both (LOW & HIGH beam) was in action, you will never miss anything on road.

Vista produced a excellent torque & It not struggled at any time. Even, the Engine pulled the car with A/C without any trouble. Engine breathing was normal & we not felt, that we are climbing the hill.

Around 9:30Pm we reached Pamba river. there we all struggled to get the parking. there ware so many cars.As we are leaving the car alone, we decided to leave in entrance itself, so that the police & securities can watch my car easily.

there was a slope about to 45 degree. Even I took reverse & parked the car in slope. Dad & cousin kept big stones on all Tyres. But, if anyone removed the stones, my car will definitely come down because it was sand. then we again searched for good parking place.

Pics from my Cousin, watching with fear, when my car will come down

Photo0609.jpg

Photo0612.jpg

Photo0614.jpg

Thank god an Fiesta left from Pamba & provided the space to park my Vista. We parked our car and we had a fresh bath at Pamba around 10:30pm.

Then we decided to reach Sanithanam on that day itself. As we already brought online-Q ticket. we shown the ticket in Pamba base camp & got the seal from Police officials.

Day 3: 19.11.12

we started to climb the hill around 12:00am and reached the sanithanam around 2:30am.

Belive me Guys, there was a fog in mountain. but, we not felt any chillness. As Sanitahnam opens at 4:00am, Myself & my cousin slept for an hour. but, my dad & Brother-in-law just taken care of our belongings including us :)

We had a fantastic Dharshan of Lord Iyyapan around 5:30am and sat near Sanithanam for some 30mins. Then my Dad finished the Irumudi formalies & we all had a fantastic dharshan of Lord Iyyapan for 5times.

Kodimaram:

2012-11-19 05.51.57.jpg

2012-11-19 05.52.10.jpg

Then we had a Free-breakfast at Sanitanam & started to climb down around 11:00am.

Here are the Pics while Climbing down:

2012-11-19 11.39.44 - Copy.jpg

2012-11-19 12.03.25.jpg

2012-11-19 12.03.44.jpg

2012-11-19 12.05.30.jpg

Pamba in Day time:

2012-11-19 12.48.21.jpg

Pamba Parking area:

2012-11-19 12.50.11.jpg

Whity waiting for Us in a shadow

2012-11-19 12.51.10.jpg

2012-11-19 12.51.30 - Copy.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #7
Around 3:00pm we started our journey to reach Senkottai at Tamilnadu.

While removing all the dry flowers from Whity:

DSC03350.jpg

DSC03351.jpg

Nillakal(Parking area for Busses):

DSC03362.jpg

DSC03363.jpg

DSC03364.jpg

The Roads:

DSC03353.jpg

DSC03358.jpg

DSC03359.jpg

DSC03366.jpg

DSC03367.jpg

Photo Session For Whity:

DSC03375.jpg

DSC03376.jpg

DSC03377.jpg

DSC03373.jpg

around 5:00pm we found a river next to road. So decided to take a bath & get refreshed.

DSC03380.jpg

DSC03382.jpg

DSC03387.jpg

DSC03398.jpg

Hey Guys, Its me[evil]

DSC03406.jpg

we brought Chips at Punnalur at Kerala - Tamilnadu Border & loaded into the boot.

Aarinkavu temple(on the way to Senkottai):

2012-11-19 20.03.47.jpg

2012-11-19 20.03.57.jpg

Here is the ‘13 Pillar bridge’ at Kazhuthurutty was constrcted by British & still stand like solid rock(can you guys able to see the Bridge):

DSC03407.jpg

DSC03409.jpg

DSC03410.jpg

Here is the reference Pics of Bridge:

http://www.thehindu.com/multimedia/dynamic/00068/18tvm_punalur_JPG_68125f.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_28_y62F2d...zgV_sduo/s1600/OLD_BRIDGE_small_191161936.jpg

Will be continued..

Last edited:
wonderful Travelogue

Good to see ur VISTA WHITY serving you well

was laughing out loud after seeing your snap of the back side wheel in AIR [lol]

Also loved the Ganpati / Ganesh idol on your dashboard!!

Ganpati Bappa Morya [:D]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
wonderful Travelogue

Good to see ur VISTA WHITY serving you well

was laughing out loud after seeing your snap of the back side wheel in AIR [lol]

Also loved the Ganpati / Ganesh idol on your dashboard!!

Ganpati Bappa Morya [:D]

Thank you Ankx for your kind words,

Even I too don't know, how my Whity stood like that.[lol]

Thread Starter #11
Nice travelogue Appu.. I believe its Kodungallur bhagavathy temple that you visited enroute Chotanikkara..
Thank you buddy.

Yes the same temple " Kodunallur Bagavathi temple" . It is also called as Kodumudi Bagavathi temple right? or I wrongly assumed the name?

Thank you buddy.

Yes the same temple " Kodunallur Bagavathi temple" . It is also called as Kodumudi Bagavathi temple right? or I wrongly assumed the name?
I dont think so Appu. Its called Kodungallur and thats the name of the town where the temple resides.

Thread Starter #13
I dont think so Appu. Its called Kodungallur and thats the name of the town where the temple resides.

I don't remember the correct name.Thanks for your clarification buddy.

Anyhow I will check with my Dad and let you know the correct name.

Top Bottom