A Couple of Less Heard and Least Glorified Cities in China

Thread Starter #1
Here comes my humble attempt to help you experience and enjoy China's some of less heard cities that I have visited. Sit back, relax and enjoy the pictures taken randomly, straight from the streets

from a shopping street in Tianjin
ch3.jpg

a view from my apartment in Chongqing
ch2.jpg

The lazy Giant Panda in Chengdu
image002.jpg

The photographer and his better half toiling hard
ch4.jpg

more pictures coming up [cheers]

Thread Starter #2
Re: A couple of less heard and least glorified cities in china- worth a visit

Tianjin

Tianjin is one of the four municipalities in China. Tianjin bears a splendid historical background. It was invaded by nine foreign countries long before the foundation of People's Republic of China.: Italy, Germany, France, Russia, Great Britain, Austria, Japan and Belgium. This marked an extremely hard period for Tianjin and her people because those imperialist countries left permanent marks in her body, most notable of which were thousands of villas. Today those villas provide an exotic flavor to Tianjin, enhancing the beauty of the entire city

ch5.jpg

ch6.jpg

ch7.jpg

ch8.jpg

Getting in and out of the city is convenient because of the well-planned transportation system. If you want to come by water, there are a series of international and domestic sea routes in the port of Tianjin, which is the biggest man-made port in China. If you plan to arrive by air, Tianjin Binhai International. Also it takes just about half an hour from Beijing in fast bullet train which runs in every ten minutes.
ch9.jpg

to be continued..

Thread Starter #3

The Modern China seems to be serious making cities green in whatever possible ways it can. Beautifully maintained small little green parks meant to aid people socializing, jogging etc and well nurtured flowering and fruit bearing plants mainly in Public Schools is refreshing indeed.

ch11.jpg

ch12.jpg

ch10.jpg

ch13.jpg

ch14.jpg

ch11.jpg

ch12.jpg

ch10.jpg

ch13.jpg

ch14.jpg

Some random pictures on a public school sports day at Tianjin.The hard work they put in prior to the actual event is some thing to be learnt.

ch15.jpg

ch16.jpg

Thread Starter #4

Some random pictures from the city of Tianjin

ch17.jpg

ch18.jpg

ch19.jpg

ch20.jpg

Up next a few snaps from Chongqing...

Wow Manoj, great to see some pics of other parts of the world.

Why are those men and women have painted their face?

Any reason for that.

The roads especially fly overs looks amazing.

Waiting for more of your experiences.

Thread Starter #6
Chongqing

Chongqing is the largest municipality located in southwest China. Today, Chongqing is a modern city, China's fourth municipality after Beijing, Shanghai, and Tianjin.I have only a few pictures from Chongqing.

The famous Sha Ping Bha- the centre of Chongqing

cq4.jpg

a few snaps taken from the apartment we lived in.

cq1.jpg

cq2.jpg

cq3.jpg

from Chongqing Zoo:
image004.jpg

image006.jpg

image008.jpg

image010.jpg

Chengdu coming up next....

Thread Starter #7
Chengdu

It takes just about five hours in a direct flight from bangalore to chengdu. Chengdu is the capital of Sichuan Province, which is known as the "Heavenly State" (Tian Fu Zhi Guo).It is the natural habitat of cute giant pandas. The natural habitat of giant pandas, Chengdu Panda Breeding and Research Center , supports the world's only giant panda breeding and research base.
image008.jpg

Jinsha Site Museum
In 2006, after six years of construction, Jinsha Site Museum was finally completed. Covering a total area of about 9 acres, it mainly consists of Relics Hall, Exhibition Hall, Cultural Heritage Protection Center and Ecological Garden.
Jinsha Site has the world’s most concentrated ancient ivory among its kind in the same period. Unearthed ivories include complete ivories, cut ivories, ivory segments, ivory pieces, ivories in shape of strip, bean or bead and so on. In addition, there are a small number of elephant skulls and molars. After specific identification, these ivories are considered to be local Asian elephants.It is one of the sites that have unearthed the most gold articles compared with others in the same period in China

image002.jpg

chendu musium.jpg

chengdu musum 4.jpg

chengdu musium 2.jpg

Huanglongxi Ancient Town

Huanglongxi is an ancient town with a history of more than 1,700 years. Situated in Shuangliu County, 30 kilometers southeast from Chengdu, it is greatly admired by visitors for its beautiful natural scenery and ancient Chinese culture
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Some more pictures from Chengdu

a.jpg

b.jpg

c.jpg

cd snow 2.jpg

cd snow.jpg

chengdu ap 1.jpg

chengdu ap2.jpg

chengdu ap3.jpg

So far it has been wonderful living here.Hope to visit more interesting places and share my experiences with you in future. Thanks of reading.

Beautiful is the only word amazing . I wonder sometimes will India be able to compete china at times .

Btw how is the attitude of Chinese people there ? Are they friendly ? And how is it to live there ?

Thread Starter #10
Beautiful is the only word amazing . I wonder sometimes will India be able to compete china at times .

Btw how is the attitude of Chinese people there ? Are they friendly ? And how is it to live there ?
Thanks Raja.

I can’t compare any of our cities with even these less popular ones in china. What is amazing is the rate at which things change here is unbelievable. Once you get used to the language barrier, living in this part of the world is like a breeze, though there is a change in trend these days, where people start to learn/speak English. I avoid eating local Chinese food ,most of them being very oily but there are plenty of KFCs, McDonalds ,Pizza Huts and some good Japanese restaurants as well in almost every say 500m or so. I am yet to explore interior parts but cities you get everything at your door steps.
People are friendly and honest as far as my experience goes. What is also impressive is the security in public for people. There is no issues whatsoever for women to walk outside on streets even at night.

I don’t want to comment anything about how safe women are in India ?[frustration][frustration][frustration]

Thanks Raja.

I can’t compare any of our cities with even these less popular ones in china. What is amazing is the rate at which things change here is unbelievable. Once you get used to the language barrier, living in this part of the world is like a breeze, though there is a change in trend these days, where people start to learn/speak English. I avoid eating local Chinese food ,most of them being very oily but there are plenty of KFCs, McDonalds ,Pizza Huts and some good Japanese restaurants as well in almost every say 500m or so. I am yet to explore interior parts but cities you get everything at your door steps.
People are friendly and honest as far as my experience goes. What is also impressive is the security in public for people. There is no issues whatsoever for women to walk outside on streets even at night.

I don’t want to comment anything about how safe women are in India ?[frustration][frustration][frustration]
Yes it's truely amazing the way they are evolving so fast . Is the lifestyle expensive there compared to india ? And which car are you driving there ?

Thread Starter #12
Yes it's truely amazing the way they are evolving so fast . Is the lifestyle expensive there compared to india ? And which car are you driving there ?
Its sad that here foreigners can't drive cars that easily,though cars of various brands are much cheaper. The reason is we need to have a driving liscence issued by the chine authority for which one needs to pass around eight tests as i heard[in chinese],a few written,medical and driving,which I wouldn't pass any way.

Its sad that here foreigners can't drive cars that easily,though cars of various brands are much cheaper. The reason is we need to have a driving liscence issued by the chine authority for which one needs to pass around eight tests as i heard[in chinese],a few written,medical and driving,which I wouldn't pass any way.
But is public transport available there freely 24hrs . I hope a car is not nesscary there as it is in USA .

Top Bottom