Finally a Trip To Hognekkal

Thread Starter #1
Thank You HR for suggesting such a wonderful and short route to reach Hogenakkal.

A brief detail about journey.

We started from Electronics City Bangalore at 8.45 AM on Karizma ZMR bike. This is the very first long ride on this bike which is older than year and clocked more than 11,000 KM. Approximante distance around 110 KM and journey time was around 3 hours and with some break to capture the scenic beauty on Denkani road. The road condition was managble if we ignore around 10km stretch after Anchetty. The occasional hairpins and ghat are pretty amazing to have wide view. I was missing my DSL NikonD5000 to capture nature however SonyDSC H3 companion was with us. Most of the pics were taken by wife.

We reached Hognekkal at 11AM and checked in to Hotel Tamilnadu which is just 200m from main fall. This is Govt Hotel with ample parking and garden space and pretty desent room. We rushed to fall area and booked the coral ride which was very harsh in such hot day, I guess we Bangaloreans are not used to withstand hot sun :(. Since we were only two , the coral ride was little expensive at price of Rs750. We couldnot bargain because of language barrier.After coral ride it was time to cool off in amazing water and that was right on money (paisa wasool).We are done with all amusement at Hognekkal by 4PM.

Little thought,Hognekkal fall is among one of the best gift of nature but this is being spoiled badly by us. People are using soap to take bath and smashing some beer bottles.

Evening was very boring and desperately waiting to come back to Bangalore in next day morning. This place goes to slience after evening.

We left at 8.30AM and this time route was Dharmapuri> Krishnagiri> Hosur> Bangalore. This is the awesomest of awesom road with mind blowing scenic beauty and you cannot keep a check on speed.

On the way we had brunch at one of the Dhaba. I had a brief chat with a truck driver who was on transit to deliver Hyundai cars to one of dealers in Bangalore. They generally cover 500KM in a day with single drive and not allowed to cross a speed of 50-55KMPH. The transit cost provided by company is Rs18 per KM inclusive of diesel and tolls. The driver can save at max Rs2-3 per KM. The fuel avg can reach upto 4KMPL. If they have to deliver car from Gurgaon to Bangalore it can be done in 5 days then why the dealer says that your car is in transit and it will take 20days.

At last I was lucky to witness Mahindra NX in Hosur. The car was running at speed of 80KM for a long stretch and it seems to be a very hit model if priced rightly.

Here comes pictures:

Attachments

Re: Finally a trip to Hognekkal

ErtigaZMR

Cool pics , loved the roads , the reva looks damn cute. And above all you look cool and a typical biker [clap] will be reading the story .

Nice TL, Hogenaikkal falls is good for a day trip there is absolutely nothing do their if you are staying overnight.

Top Bottom