My Trip To Temples with My Nano

Thread Starter #1
hi everyone,

NOTE :- This is a must read trip log for those who thinks that nano is not meant for highways / ghaats etc.

We were total 9 adults with lots of luggage and two cars - nano & getz (CNG)

Day 1 -
we left vadodara on 10th november at about 0700. the highway was as smooth as silk ! got traffic jam near bharuch bridge , we stuck there about 1 hour without moving a inch.
after that , we stopped at a lodge, which is situated on highway on Chikhli village. Done lunch there and stopped about 1 hr for that.
after lunch , our next stop was manor petrol pump. fulled thank there and we were @ home borivali at 1600 dot.

Day 2 -
Day 2 was busy in mumbai, need to complete some orders and must have to reach home before 15:00 so, we can have some sleep .
driving for the day will start actually in night [evil]
we started 22:30 from borivali ,
done first halt at HP petrol pump near lonavala on Express way @ 01:00.
filled our and both car's tank there [lol]
after that we visited pune city accidently ( we want to visit shree venkateshwara mandir on stara road , but due to wrong input , we had done visit of pune city early at 03:00)
after help of Google maps, we got correct location, and reached there at 05:00. The mandir was opened already, and there were hardly any visitors there before us.

had visited mandir and drove for alandi at about 07:00. the run was about 30 KM only so, we reached alandi and found good bed [evil]

Day 3 -

next day started for us at 07:00 morning. since the village is not polluted by noise pollution, we are use-to to visit this place for two or three days frequently.

we started journey at 11:00 filled both car's tank on a HP petrol pump ( that was the 1st HP pump which doesn't have car windshield cleaning and air !! )

we choose this route for bhimashankar - (a well known Jyotirling) = alandi > chakan > Rajgurunagar > bhimashankar.
this was shortest route for bhimashankar. we choose it coz Gmaps was showing the same and my uncle who had already visited the place 3 times , was constantly pushing me to go through Rajgurunagar, as its very short route.
but, as the road passes, both car's drivers were confused that ' where to drive the car?? ' . as we can't find even a 100mtr road with good condition. also, its obvious that since its shortest route, then slope will be steep on this route then the other one!!.
after about 79~85 KM of examination of car's suspension, we finally reached bhimashankar.
we had not seen any car on that road, all vehicles was two wheelers only.
all were just seeing a NANO on bhimashankar !!

bhimashankar is a place where i would prefer to visit in early morning. the beauty of road, the fog , and greenery will never be seen on any other time of a day.

in return journey, we got another route which was of course long but very good. it saved our time and car's suspensions.

after bhimashankar, we reached anandi again and spend some in local market etc.

Day - 4

was started early morning. cool place to live peacefully.
packed all luggage and had a cup of coffee, that's it. i usually don't eat / drink much in travel.
we drove to shirdi. the road was quite good until shirdi started.

the highway which passes through shirdi has very bad conditions.
we can not judge where to drive car without striking any potholes.
we had already booked two rooms in shirdi. found the hotel easily, just got fresh and reached the temple ASAP.
we started @ 4:30 PM by standing in line, and surprisingly , we were out @ 5:30 PM !!
it was very fast. but we got enough time for darshan.
the temple management is very good. i have never seen such cleanliness and discipline in any temple till now. we got prashad and some photos of sai baba and left for room after many purchasing .

Day -5

another day we had planned for shanishingdapur temple. about 80KM away from shirdi.
road was good , but full of traffic. whole road was single track, so we can not enjoy driving.
finally reached the village where temple is situated. the rush of cars was surprising for me.
darshan completed in just 15 mins.

People were pouring oil to lord shani 's statue. we had not done any think like that due to my oppose. i think that was waste of so much KL (kilo liter) oil , which is edable and can not used after that!! we all are saying we like the film "Oh my God" but no one was remembering the massage of film. i still feeling bad for wasting so much oil.

any ways, we returned to shirdi , but we stopped for "ganna juice" . i must say, the test of that juice is faar batter then any where you drink. a must try for all visitors of shanishingdapur.

when we entered in shirdi, we stuck in traffic jam for about 2 hrs.
so , we decided to park cars in our hotel and return walky-talky for dinner. (shri krishna hotel on main road has very good food , we had done dinner there only )

Day - 6

Holidays are going to complete soon !!!
started driving towards mumbai in 10:00 morning. we prefer to go mumbai via goti route, which was a bit risky due to steep turn and no village on long route.

drive ... drive ... drive ... some photos ... drive and reached mumbai via thane route.
car was responded very good in all roads. only had some difficulties on sharp turn due to tall boy build of car.

we had done about 2000 KM in petrol of 4700/- with about 60% AC. the car was full time on 70kmph speed.

will add pics soon, as i am very busy these days .

Last edited:
I have subscribed to this thread[thumbsup]. I am the one who believe that the potential is not in the vehicle but in the one who drives it. Whethers its an Nano or a Safari, each vehicle has the capability to conquer the roads they are built for. Though the terrain matters, but the distance isnt a hurdle as long as the driver is confident enough to drive which i can sense, you are.
BTW do post some teaser pics too.

Amazing pics. I havent done long trips like that. The longest i went is 255 KMs in 5 hours thats about it. But i just loved it..

Excellent Pics Buddy,

Now a day I'm seeing Nano doing long trips without any fuss[clap]

BTW, 2nd pic is really excellent, Do post more pics [:)]

Thread Starter #7
Sure appu,
btw, i am abit busy for my another trip. I.e. Vadodara to leh on bike.
I am doing this trip on 7th june.

Will try to upload other pics if got time.

Thread Starter #10
Oh !! that's an awesome trip buddy and surprisingly a Nano doing it[clap]

Pics are crisp and good[:)]

it is capable to do more longer trips also.
i drove it constantly on 70~75KMPH. it was very good to handle it.

actually i was planning to do leh / ladakh trip in nano. but everyone knows whats first love[:D] its my bike !

Top Bottom