Dubai Vacation 2012 and Fun.

Thread Starter #1
This is a short vacation report from me , a nice vacation which I had from 25th October to 3rd November .

I have been traveling to dubai since 1993 and mostly travel 2-3 times per year as my work takes me there .
But never ever it clicked in my mind to have a vacation in dubai .

My 2 sisters live in dubai past 15 years and they too were asking me to come over and stay for couple of days along with my wife .

Luckily I had a show lined up in dubai with shreya ghoshal on the 26th of October , so I took that as a oppurtunity and took my wife along with me to dubai .

My wife stayed with my sister and finally after the show finished I too joined her and my family there .( btw entire family came to see the show too[clap]) .

So officially the vacation started on 27 th October for me and I spend the entire day sleeping because it was quite tiring for me as I was non stop performing 23rd in Delhi , 24th in chennai and 26 th in Dubai and not too mention keeping a tab on TAI arguying , debating on storme thread too and answering questions on the test drive [evil]

Next day as my wife was along with me was obiviously spend in shopping malls , shopping . Malls are amazing and relatively expensive too .

My sisters wanted me and my wife to enjoy 2 things desert safari and bhurj Khalifa the tallest tower in the world . You need to book a slot and their is a fee for the same . I don't know the charges since my sisters paid for it as it was a gift from their side to my wife and me .

Desert safari

A land cruiser came to my sisters home to pick me and my wife in afternoon and then we headed towards the desert . The company arranging the tour was lama tours and they have land cruisers and hummers for this tour.

The driver was a young Bangladeshi gentleman , who explained me that there is special training course to get a certificate and permission to drive in the desert , not all are allowed to drive in the deserts .

The deserts are generally 1 hour away from main dubai city and we headed towards it .

Normal speed of land cruiser was 120 kmph and only on 1 stretch the driver pushed it to 160-180 and agreed that such speeds are not possible consistently and can prove fatal at times .

The road generally is good and full of SUVs and SUVs only namely the land cruiser , Nissan patrol , range rovers and prado .

After reaching at one base station we were told to relax while the driver deflated the air from the tyres to 15-20 and we entered the desert and then started the roller coaster ride it was fun fun and just fun , and one must really expreince how with amazing skill these drivers drive the SUVs in deserts . There were moments of screaming from my wife .

After the desert rides we came to a camp were we had to relax and there was this belly dance show , camel ride and dinner .
Later again after dinner we were headed back to dubai and were dropped back home . It was a wonderful expreince for me and wife . Inspite of traveling to dubai since long this was the first time I went for this desert safari so thanx to my sisters .

Iam now attaching pictures of my show with shreya ghoshal and desert safari .tomorrow will be writing about the rest of the vacation and bhurj khalifa the longest tower in the world .
The Show

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Dubai vacation 2012 and the fun .

Very well written bro [clap]can't wait for the pictures of desert safari, one of the things on my TO DO list.

How long was the desert safari?

Thread Starter #4
Desert Safari pictures

Attachments

Last edited:
Super Duper clicks mats, thanks a ton for sharing.
Just a thing, you mentioned that "...a nice vacation which I had from 25th November to 3rd November..." I guess you meant 25th October??

freakdude.

Thread Starter #8
Super Duper clicks mats, thanks a ton for sharing.
Just a thing, you mentioned that "...a nice vacation which I had from 25th November to 3rd November..." I guess you meant 25th October??

freakdude.
Ohhhhh yes yes my mistake iam so sorry man , thanx for pointing out will report the post .[:)] . Iam glad you liked the pics more to come .[;)]

Hey Raja,

Its awesome to see the Dubai from the top of the Buliding & I've no words to explain about Safari Pics.

I'm sure that I'll definitely go there in future to enjoy.

Waiting for more Pics:)

Thread Starter #13
Nice pics Raja. You must have had loads of fun. Would like to see tht belly dance.
While at desert, do they let you drive?
No they don't allow us to drive , and driving In the desert needs special training and some special certificate .

To be honest with you belly dance was very boring atleast for me .

Ohhh and yes there was a lot of fun in the vacation since my wife and my sisters were with me .

Hmm

Wonderful travelogue and mouth watering pics[;)]. Thank you for sharing this with us.

I never had a time to do a break journey in Dubai two times in 2007,2009[frustration], As I have watched the Burj Khalifa from the flight while landing and it was still under construction that time[:)]

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
amazing write up raja [clap] i also want to do the desert safari [sad] it would have been so much fun. and my favorite singer is shreya ghoshal only , i won't miss her in delhi if there's any show coming.

just looking at the pics i'm getting goosebumps. and i'm waiting for more pics of the burj khalifa [;)]

Top Bottom