Bangalore-Mysore Cycle Trip (21st Sept, 2013)

Thread Starter #1
Hello Folks,

Bangalore Bikers Club is organizing a cycling event this Saturday. If anyone wants to participate, please follow the link below and register yourself. Registration is free and we are expecting 100+ cyclists participating from all over Bangalore.

It is going to be on regular Mysore road (ie State High way 17. Bidadi-Ramnagar-Channapatna-Maddur-Manday-Mysore).

1. Eat outs (starting from, CCD, McD, Corner House, Kamat, Veg & Non-veg).
2. 4 lane (makes it more safe compared to Kanakapura road).
3. Through Kanakapura, beyond Malavalli road is bad (makes it unfriendly for guys on road bike).

One has 4 options available for him to chose based on his comfort...

1. Ride to Mysore come back on same day by Volvo.
2. Ride to Mysore stay there and come back by Volvo next day (if one want to visit Mysore can do that).
3. Ride to Mysore stay there and ride back next day.
4. Ride to Mysore and ride back same day. https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/Bangalore-bikers/zwpHZ4Io4W0%5B1-25-false%5D

Please follow this link for more info and registration.

C you soon.

Joe

Attachments

Thread Starter #3
I bumped into this thread today, how did the event go ?
We had tons of fun:) It was a really good crowd. 80 cyclists turned up. The oldest person was a 63 years old. We all met at Merida Junction at 5:00 AM and I was surprised to see so many cyclists. We left Bangalore at 6:00 AM sharp after some briefing. Most of us reached Mysore around 5-6 PM.

This is the stats we got after some analysis.

Bikers 80
collective kms 12,000
collective hrs spent 1,103
hrs in days 47
collective calories 2,80,000
collective weight loss in kgs 40
total cadence 9,00,000
kmph (total time spent) 10.88
punctures 4
liquid consumption in ltrs 3200
water ie. 1/2 tanker
total amount spent Rs. 36,650
cost per km Priceless ;)

6 bikers rode till AOL and back
4 Kanakapura and back
11 bikers till Malavalli and on support vehicle
49 bikers one way to Mysore and back same day by Volvo.
3 bikers next day riding back to Bangalore
7 bikers rode back to Bangalore the same day.

I came back the same day in a Volvo as well with our cycles in the luggage compartment. The best part of the trip was high Fives from the school kids we met on the way and chicken briyani at the Mysore bus stand:)

Last edited:
Thank for the detailed info, if only i could have been a part of this event. Which bicycle do you use? and it would be great if you could review it for us,

Please do keep us updated on any future cycling event,

Thread Starter #6
Thank for the detailed info, if only i could have been a part of this event. Which bicycle do you use? and it would be great if you could review it for us,

Please do keep us updated on any future cycling event,
My ride is Trek 7.1 FX Hybrid. I have been using this bike extensively from the past 1 year. I have covered over 6000 KMs from the time I bought:) Yeh, I'll write my reviews one day. But the question is that who will read it. I kinda have a feeling that there aint many cyclists or cycle enthusiasts present in this forum. [frustration]

But the question is that who will read it. I kinda have a feeling that there aint many cyclists or cycle enthusiasts present in this forum. [frustration]
I for one would surely be following your ownership report, as i am planning to get into hardcore cycling.and you may inspire some more members to get into cycling.

Top Bottom