Which Performance Bike To Go For? Pulsar 200NS OR Something Else?

Thread Starter #1
Hey everybody,my brother is looking for a new bike,and can spend up to 1lacs. Our main criteria is performance,handling,brakes AND the bike should be comfortable for freaks like me who are over 6'5 feet tall.
I have shortlisted-
Pulsar 200Ns or 220?
Duke 200 Ktm
CBR 150
R15 V2.
Karizma ZMR but skinny wheels
Fazer maybe?
Any advice and experience would be appreciated.
And is the pulsar cheaply build?

Re: Which performance bike to go for?Pulsar 200Ns or others?

With the budget limit that you have quoted only Pulsar 200 NS and Fazer can be considered. Stretch it a bit to 1.2 lacs, and you can include the others. If performance is the key criteria, you can settle down for Yahama R15 V2 and you will not regret your decision. This is the best bike for guys who like cornering and are willing to take their machines to the tracks for getting a kick from motorcycling.

Thread Starter #3
Re: Which performance bike to go for?Pulsar 200Ns or others?

Yes budget can be extended but the 200NS feels like tremendous value. R15 is nice but i also wanted to know how is the duke?
And is P220 better or the new 200NS? I love the way the 220 looks.

My advise is to go for the 200NS as it has everything you are looking for at a reasonable price. if you can stretch your budget to say 50K more then nothing can come close to the raw brute power of KTM, just test drive both these machines and you will get your answer.

Thread Starter #6
Yes the 200NS impresses me a lot and very VFM. But I wanted to know that is it better than 220? I mean 220 is slower and all that but which is overall a better bike? I love the way 220 looks.

Well 220 has proven it's worth in our market and it's a very reliable machine, but i would put my money on the latest technologically superior 200NS who shares most of it's part with the much superior KTM duke.

Vishwanath, if I am not incorrect, the only major part that the 200 NS shares with the Duke is the engine block. Everything else is different - engine head, piston, crank, swingarm, chassis, suspension, wheels, carb instead of FI, and not to mention the cycle parts......

I had recently done a research on these bikes. I booked Fazer and got it delivered on 14th Feb. Even I had zerod for 200 NS but one of my friend who works with Bajaj ASS told me that the maintenance cost is quiet high on 200 NS. The reason is obvious that in order to have bike under warranty you have to service the vechicle as per what company has mentioned in chart. So for first 2 years the serviving cost is not less than 1000 which seems to be higher in the same range of bikes. They ask you to change the coolant after XXXX KMS whether collant is still good to go for another K kms. Same is the case with other cluctch cables, spark plugs etc. Just have thought on this as well. Ask the service centre guy what is the mainetance cost & then decide. Although for some or the other reasons all ASS are going to charge you but in current selection 200 NS seems to be high on maintenace cost.

From the shortlisted bikes performance wise no doubt Bajaj 200 NS is best but give a thought on above point as well.

My suggestion will be to go for R15 you should not regret for this. The only drawback is about the pillion seat but you may not get all the things in one go....

Thread Starter #10
Thanks for your response everybody. ASS cost is not a problem since the bike would hardly be driven for 15kms a day. Well I like the duke but its too expensive.
I also have thought of considering used bikes,not older than a year or so.
So now can I get my hands on the duke?And is there a 125 duke planned?
According to you guys r15 and 200NS make sense and I agree and I love both of them but pulsar has that VFM which is attracting me.
How is the Karizma ZMR? A friend who has a CBR250 was saying that ZMR has similar performance. Is that so?

Hmm, sounds like a good query.

IMO, it should be Bajaj Pulsar Do Sau Bees..err Pulsar 220 I mean.

Why 220?
  • Lower price as compared to 200.
  • Better straight line stability.
  • Nearly equal performance. In fact I have seen many people beating Pulsar 200 using 220, I too have done a couple of times on highways.
  • 220 has the feeling of urgency which is actually missing in 200. 200 may be faster but doesn't feel to be.
  • Fuel economy is very good.
  • Last but most important - I OWN ONE!![:D]

Pulsar isn't at all cheaply built but yes, it doesn't feel as sophisticated as others like R15, ZMR etc.

Thread Starter #12
So you own a 220 huh? Are the rear tires wide enough to grip the road well?

And is the new 220 coming anytime soon?

I just got a chance to drive a KTM duke to office 35 Kms one side and i was impressed, i am heavy and 6 foot and the control i got from the bike was outstanding for speeds ranging from 120-150 reached a max of 156kmh and all praised on its control or the confidence the bike gives you

The other alternative would be R15 but for my physique, i dont like to bend and drive like a Rossi all time as it pains [lol]

And a big No for pulsar as you said you needed a perfomance bike

Thread Starter #14
I went to KTM and kawasaki,checked out the duke but could not stop looking at the ninja. What a bike but too expensive. Even KTM is exp.,considering the fact that I can get a CBR250 for similar money and why wont I? Next stop Honda.

Thread Starter #15
I found a R15 V2 2012 which has clocked about 5000kms and is for 45K. I read the ad couple of times but it clearly mentions its for 45k and its an urgent sale. Are used ones trust worthy?

Top Bottom