Mahindra Centuro 110CC Bike

Thread Starter #1
Mahindra Two Wheelers unveiled their second 110cc bike soon after introducing the Pantero 110 recently.

Christened as the Mahindra Centuro 110, the bike will be a more stylish alternative to the Pantero and will be priced slightly higher.

The Centuro’s claim to fame is a car like key fob that has an incorporated remote control and LED torch. The Centuro 110 also comes equipped with an engine immobilizer, LED pilot lamps and a white backlit semi digi speedo console.

Thanks to a set of horizontally placed bars below the fuel tank, the Centuro’s styling has a hint of the Mojo performance bike that was unveiled ages ago. Mahindra says it will also be soon launching a set of accessories for the Centuro 110.

Powering the Centuro is the same MCi-5, 110cc, single cylinder engine that powers the Penturo. This engine boasts of ARAI tested Fuel Economy of 79.4 kmpl. While the Centuro is as powerful as the Pantero, the former’s motor, although developing similar power figure of 8.6PS@7500RPM, is differently tuned.

Mahindra Centuro will go on sale soon after the cousin Pantero hits the bike market.

Mahindra Centuro 110

Attachments

Re: UNVEILED: Mahindra Centuro 110

Tooo much of features in a 110 cc bike but good to see so the commuters can also have some fun at a low budget.
Waiting to see mahidra with more bikes with a higher cc hearts with more and more features .
Trying to revolutionize the bike industry? But they should have came out with a larger bike also.

Thread Starter #3

They do have some very interesting features for a commuter motorcycle, am very interested to see how Mahindra will market this product.

Re: UNVEILED: Mahindra Centuro 110CC Bike

The bike looks cool. there may be many takers for this bike, unless Mahindra didnt forget, what really required for a good 100 cc commuter bike in India. Yes it is nothing other than a reliable engine.

EXcept Hero Honda(err Hero) no other companies commuter bikes, Which has a front faced cylnder(like Splendour/Passion. Not that engines which has cylinder upward direction. Sorry i dont know the technical terms) has clicked in this market. I belive it is really the quality of this type of engines matters. look at good old CD 100. Still you can see it on road in good condition. Just look how many of below mentioned bikes still on road

1. TVS Centra
2. Kinetic Challenger
3. Rock 100
4. CRD 100
5. Bajaj byk

(umm

Hero Honda Sleek[thinking]. I heard engine for this model had some problems)

There are a few more too. I am not remebering all the names, but i am sure, engines for all these models are almost look alike and specifications also same and had a same destiny. I belive it is because of the engine and i suspect these mahindra bikes will be no different. I hope it will change the destiny.

This is just my point of view. Plesae correct if i am wrong.

Last edited:

I agree with you Releesh, Mahindra Centuro, does posses a engine with unique specification (MCi-5), when compared to other bikes. Looks like Mahindra has taken a smart move by offering the best bike at a decent price. I am eager to take a test drive. Will then share my experience on it.

Spied – Mahindra Centuro commuter bike caught testing

Mahindra2wheelers stepped into 2013 by unveiling a pair of 110cc commuter bikes – the Pantero and the Centuro.

According to the company, the Mahindra Pantero caters to the segment of buyers who look for fuel economy while the Centuro will address the requirements of buyers who demand style and features.

The Pantero is already on sale in the states of Tamil Nadu, Uttar Pradesh, Rajasthan and Gujarat. The Mahindra Centuro is expected to go on sale soon and we bring you the spyshots of the bike testing, suggesting exactly that.

The bike is powered by the same 107cc single cylinder engine which produces 8.5 bhp and 8.5 Nm of torque. The gearbox is a 4 speed unit. The Centuro packs in a lot of segment first features.

The bike comes with digital instrument console, a remote key with immobilizer. The commuter also boasts of “Find Me” and “Guide Me Home” functions. The pilot lamps and taillights employ LEDs.

To be launched anytime from now, the Mahindra Centuro is expected to be priced in the upper reaches of the 100cc segment.

Spied - Mahindra Centuro commuter bike caught testing

Attachments

Tooo much of features in a 110 cc bike but good to see so the commuters can also have some fun at a low budget.
Waiting to see mahidra with more bikes with a higher cc hearts with more and more features .
Trying to revolutionize the bike industry? But they should have came out with a larger bike also.
The 300cc tourer MOJO will be quite a sensation when it comes IMO.

This is the bike MTW should have always built.

Mahindra 2 Wheelers to launch the Centuro in Q2 of this fiscal

Mahindra 2 Wheelers re-entered the motorcycle segment with the launch of its Pantero 110cc commuter bike earlier this year.

The Pantero is basically a re-engineered Stalio, the firm’s first motorcycle which flopped badly. Along with the Pantero, the company had also unveiled another 110cc commuter bike, the Centuro.

The Mahindra Centuro is expected to be positioned in the upper end of the commuter segment. Business Standard reports that the motorcycle will be launched in the second quarter of the current financial year.

While the Pantero is targeted at the value conscious customers, the Centuro will be directed towards tech savvy customers who are willing to pay some kind of a premium for features.

Even though the Pantero and Centuro are mechanically identical, the motorcycles look sufficiently different from each other. The Centuro has a conventional bikini fairing and emerges as a better looking of the two.

The commuter motorcycle comes with some interesting first-in-class features like remote control, engine immobilizer, Guide-Me-Home and Find-Me lights. Other noteworthy features include LED pilot and tail lamps and digital instrument console.

Powering the bike is a 107cc single cylinder engine which develops 8.5 bhp and 8.5 Nm of torque. The engine is bolted to a 4-speed gearbox.

Mr. Dharmendra Mishra, Vice president (sales and customer care), Mahindra 2 Wheelers hinted that a 150cc bike is in the works besides the flagship Mojo 300. He said: “Whether it is 150cc or 300cc, our intent is to have a proper portfolio to be a player of substance or relevance in the two-wheeler market. We will be there at the right time.”

Mahindra Centuro to be launched in Q2 of this fiscal year

Official – Mahindra Centuro 110cc commuter to launch on July 1

Mahindra2wheerers has announced that the launch of the Centuro 110cc commuter bike would be held on July 1.

Aimed at the upper end of the commuter segment, the Mahindra Centuro will compete with the Discover 100T, Hero Passion Pro and Honda Dream Yuga. The Mahindra comes with its own share of “wow” features that are new to this segment.

The equipment offered by the top-end variant include Find Me Lamps, Guide Me Home Lamps, fully digital instrument console and remote key with anti theft alarm. The bike is also fitted with an engine immobilizer.

There are three variants in total with different levels of equipment. However, a front disc brake is not available in any of the variants.

The Centuro is powered by the existing 110cc MCI-5 four stroke air cooled engine which develops 8.5hp and 8.5 Nm of torque. The gearbox is a four speed unit with all-up shift pattern. Mahindra say that in spite of sharing the hardware with the Pantero, the engine has been calibrated to offer better performance and fuel economy. The ARAI certified mileage of the Centuro stands at 85.4kpl which is higher than its perceived rivals.

Mahindra will offer a five-year warranty to counteract Hero Motocorp. Despite all the features, the pricing is expected to competitive. The commuter segment is immensely competitive and price sensitive. Being a new kid on the block, Mahindra2wheelers has to get the pricing spot on.

Mahindra Centuro 110cc commuter to be launched on July 1

350Z

Core Team

Mahindra has launched the Centuro at Rs.45,000. However, first 10,000 units will be sold at Rs.44,000 (Ex. Showroom, Delhi).

Drive Safe,
350Z

Let me try my hand at prophesy. This motorcycle won't sell, Mahindra will lose money on it, and after some nip and tuck jobs that would fail to boost sales, this motorcycle will be pulled out of the market in three years or less.

Sam

It will be pulled out from the market even before that(within 1-1.5years) and after one year Mahindra will come with another name and different graphics on the same bike. May be some gadgets will be added to attract the innocent new comers who looks for their first bike

Top Bottom