Suzuki GS 150R Showing Missing in Higher RPM

Thread Starter #1
This was started around one month before. My bike was 2 year old and crossed 35k KM. My daily ride were total 70km to office and back.Usually I'll ride between 70-90 km/hr in the NH. While i try to suddenly accelerate, the bike shows missing. Missing starts from the 7k rpm in every gear. While we keep the full throttle, it feels like the engine switched off for 1 second and it will back on life and starts to fly, this will repeat if engine were above 7K rpm. i have no idea what is the issue with the bike now.i tried acceleration in different modes in the bike(economy,power and off mode too) and fuel from different pumps and xtra premium petrol also.

Earlier the bike easily cross 110 km/hr and even i reached a speed of 126km/hr.I had done all service in ASS at every 2500km till 30K km. After that i didn't went ASS.I tried Agip 4 stroke synthetic oil. Oil change was done at local work shop, also changed the oil filter, which bought from ASS.After filling AGIP oil, bike started to show high compression and refused to move more than 90km/hr. I had changed this synthetic oil which only used to run less than 1k to ordinary Castrol oil.Bike got the usual smoothness back, but the missing problem started to show above 90km/hr or above 7k rpm in any gear

I dint changed the plug till now and never cleaned the carburetor. Plug never showed any problem while starting.Once i found petrol leak through the overflow tube in the carburetor and it was solved after riding some Km.

i need your help to solve the issue. I suspect plug(current problem?), oil and carburetor(corrosion or dust particles in fuel line?). please correct me if any other thing need to check.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #4
Thanks Varun & Vinesh. I could confirm, once i done that. One of my friend told may be it is due to valve not adjusted for the last 8k km.Any chance for that? Is it valve adjustment is a must in every service interval for GS?

Touching the values are too risky and it must be done with precise instruments that can often be not in the local mechanics shops.

P.S-First try the cleaning process and then touch the valves

First clean the spark plug and carb

am also using GS150R i felt carb cleaning adjusting at Authorized service center will fix the issue

Thread Starter #7
Thanks all for your help. Issue was solved. Culprit was Air filter. I was busy in these days and not able to update this thread. One month before i just removed air filter to check the condition and clean. I removed the filter and started to hit it on the floor softly to remove the Dust. To my surprise, there was no dust came out of it, like other air filters which i tried earlier. GS 150 R's air filter is a different kind, which is a cylindrical paper filter with a metal mesh covered outside and plastic cap on the both sides.In one side plastic cap has a hole, through which sucks air to its inner area and clean air comes out through the outer side. Due to the rainy seaon, i think i had sucked the wet air. The water and the dust particles created a dust layer inside and blocked the air passage. Any way, i was unable to clean the inner area and new filter was unavailable in the ASS, given me another idea to use it for 2 more weeks. I just created some holes in it by the safety pin, and i found it helped to increase the acceleration and reduced the missing, little bit. After 2 weeks i got the new filter and i replaced it. Now the bike is perfectly OK in acceleration. Still i didnt done carbureator and spark plug cleaning and the same is due.

Top Bottom