I own a Pulsar 150 DTSi UG 3.5 2009 Dec Model bike which has clocked 37500 kms till now. I had no problems initially and serviced regularly but it has started giving me the following problems. Please shed me some light on my queries. Problems
1. The pickup has dropped so much that I feel like riding a TVS 50 (with pillion passenger). I feel the power loss when I try to overtake and it makes me scared that the bike would skid or the engine may come apart.
2. The top of the engine is fully covered by oil (no leakage just dry oil cover)
3. Engine is struggling a lot and making crank noises. Clutch, gear and brakes are good.
4. The back wheel area is making strange noises which feels like something is struck into it. Solutions tried
1. Took it to my Bajaj A.S.C and asked the SA to take a ride and tell me what was the problem and the cost of repair. He told me that the engine has to be overhauled with necessary parts replacement. The repair cost quoted by him Rs. 8500/-
2. Took it to the local mechanic to ascertain the problems and cost. He quoted Rs. 6000/- and told me to go for engine overhaul.
3. Again took it to another authorized service center and got the same blah blah advises and the quote for Rs 10000/
1. Does a bike engine overhaul cost this much?
2. After the overhaul, how many kms may I expect to run before it grins at me again with such a whopping repair cost?
3. As per the mechanics, a bike engine has to be overhauled after 30k kms. Is it true or are they trying to fleece me?
4. Is it good to give my bike to Castrol Bike Zone? How is their service?
5. What is the best way to keep my bike in good condition? I don't want to invest my money in another new bike.
6. DIY tips and guides to maintain the bike myself.
7. Where in Bangalore can I get a fuel lock? (My petrol was stolen 3 times near my office in a row of 5 months (may be because of petrol becoming very precious these days.. one day it may even become costlier than gold I think.
Thanks for reading friends. Expecting your valuable suggestions.
@Mods: If such queries or threads exist somewhere in this forum, please delete it and point me to the right thread.