TVS Wego and Jive

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Check this from vicky.in
Few weeks back, you read and saw pictures of TVS clutchless bike. We hear from our sources the launch of this model might happen soon. We also informed you about TVS developing a powerful scooter to compete against the likes of Honda Aviator, Honda Activa and Suzuki Access. Now our spy team has got interesting details on both these models. The scooter is christened as Wego and the clutchless bike is named as Jive. Both the Wego and Jive is powered by a 110cc engine. TVS which still rides on scooty brand limited itself to fair ***. On the contrary, Honda with wide range of scooters – aviator,activa,dio and eterno caters to different target group and has been leader in the segment for years. The Wego 110cc will produce more power and comes with full metal body to lure the urban male. Wego is expected to be priced around Rs45,000
TVS Jaive – clutchless bike built on the star platform is aimed at customers who wants hassle free riding but a bike. TVS Jive comes with 110cc engine and innovative automatic clutch. Jive also gets FZ-16 ish tank for muscular look. TVS says that the mileage of Jive will be on par with motorcycles and pricing will be attractive.
Drive Safe!
350Z

Well all depends on the price which they claim to be attractive!! Lets wait and see!!

It will be good if the TVS WIGO is designed to be mascular!! SCOOTY is too feminine!!

Wow ! The clutch less bike will be the first in Indian market i guess.But why does it have the same 110 cc engine,i mean have they put the same engine on a bikes chassis with a chain to drive the rear wheel or what ?

Wow ! The clutch less bike will be the first in Indian market i guess.But why does it have the same 110 cc engine,i mean have they put the same engine on a bikes chassis with a chain to drive the rear wheel or what ?
Remember the Street from HH?

125cc engine would do better for both models.

Yes, Hero Honda Street is the first clutchless bike in India!

Nice to hear, but we have to wait to see these bikes on road.

Remember the Street from HH?

125cc engine would do better for both models.
Oh. Dint knew street was a clutch less bike.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
But am i right about the tech ? I mean is the same engine put up with a chain to drive the rear wheel ? Or it has different auto gearbox ?[confused]

"Clutch less system" doesn't mean it does not have a clutch. Its just that we don't have the lever.

Like in mopeds they use the "centrifugal clutch".So i guess the same moped mechanism will be used on JAIVE with obvious differences like the rear wheel will be driven by chain instead of belts like in mopeds.The tank & engine will be placed in a bike like position so that it can be called a bike.

how actually does this clutchless system work? a person in my apartment has a street. it looks funny without the clutch.

How Centrifugal Clutch Works
-
In simple words & as the name says it works on the centrifugal force theory which is "outward force away from the center of rotation".

So as you see in the above pic the (1)HUB is connected to the crankshaft of the engine.As you start the engine it starts rotating.

Now when you accelerate (raise the engine RPM) the "centrifugal force acts" i.e the (1)HUB rotates & forces the (2)FLY WEIGHT to go and attach to the (6)CLUTCH DRUM.

The (2)FLY WEIGHT cause the (6)CLUTCH DRUM to rotate which is connected to the rear wheel by belt in mopeds & i guess by chain in clutch less bikes.

Now when you leave the accelerator or brake & at certain RPM limit the (4)TENSION SPRINGS have force greater than the centrifugal force which bring back the (2)FLY WEIGHT to its original position & keep on rotating in that original position until the RPM raises again.

Pricing is the main aspect for the success of Jive. I didn't find anything attractive in it, other than the novel feature, clutch-less.

Wego reminds me of Aviator and Access mixed together.

Wego will be available in 4 colors - Cappuccino Brown, Golden Beige, Silver, Black and Dark Blue and has been priced at Rs 42,500 Ex-Showroom Chennai.

Jive - The bike has been priced at Rs 41,000.

Top Bottom