Suzuki Swish 125

Thread Starter #1
The all new Suzuki Swish 125 has arrived. Do you think it would be better than their existing Suzuki Access 125? I own one, that is why I asked. :stupid:

suzukiswishlaunched_main_560x420.jpg

A month after the Suzuki Swish 125 was unveiled at the 2012 Delhi Auto Expo, the Japanese two-wheeler manufacturer has launched the gearless scooter at Rs. 45,431 ex-showroom, Delhi. The Swish 125 carries the same design language as the Suzuki Access 125 but looks better and exudes a more premium feel.

Powered by the same 125 cc, air-cooled, single cylinder, 4-stroke petrol engine as on the Access, the Swish 125 has a maximum power of 8.7 PS @ 7,000 rpm and 9.8 Nm @ 5,000 Nm of torque – decent enough for the urban two-wheeler commuter. The scooter also features CVT, telescopic front shock-absorber with drum brakes in both wheels. The fuel tank and under-seat storage capacity of 6 litres and 20 litres, respectively, is the same as the Access 125’s. The Swish 125 also sports an attractive instrument panel, an aluminium grab rail for the rear passenger and a better looking muffler cover.

The scooter is targeted at those looking for a handsome vehicle that offers a little more attention-to-detail in terms of design. At Rs 4,000, it’s also priced a notch higher than the Access 125, which will continue to be sold alongside the new model that is being pitched as a slightly more premium option by the manufacturer.

In terms of competition, the Suzuki Swish 125 will lock horns with the Mahindra Rodeo and Duro apart from its own Access. So far, Suzuki Motorcycles have maintained a very conservative approach in terms of its offerings in the Indian two-wheeler commuter market, preferring to take one step at a time. With the Swish 125, Suzuki hopes to attract young urban buyers who want a bit of style and power from their scooters.
Source: Zigwheels

Last edited by a moderator:
Its a nice scooter and an alternative to the Suzuki access which is serving people for quite a long time.I have seen it in Kannur.

I am not a big fan of its looks.Honda Aviator is still one my favorite scooters in design,but in terms of performance its the access.as per bs motoring access is better than aviator in some ares.Need to search the review!

I think the new vespa seems very interesting and I like its retro design.

PS:why don't these manufactures provide tachometer in these scooter?
Do we have any aftermarket solution?

Thread Starter #5
Its a nice scooter and an alternative to the Suzuki access which is serving people for quite a long time.I have seen it in Kannur.
[surprise] I didn't see it yet. How does it look in real?

I am not a big fan of its looks.Honda Aviator is still one my favorite scooters in design,but in terms of performance its the access.as per bs motoring access is better than aviator in some ares.Need to search the review!
I too like the aviator especially with those alloys & disc brakes but unfortunately ended up in Access. But I must say, it gives great performance!

I think the new vespa seems very interesting and I like its retro design.
I loved it. Waiting for its arrival. Heard that its in 2012 itself!

Tachometer in scooter? [lol]
Its not practical/its of no use in a scooter.
Its fun but technical wise, not much use of it! Just My opinion!

Haven't heard of it till now. [:)]

lxi.

Suspended
nice to hear about a new scooter/y in the market. Seems that access is still a winner. The aftermarket tacho will be available at some aftermarket shop but is of no use in an automatic scoot. but, if you want, search Honda Dio Tacho and Projector on youtube.

cheers.

Not fan of scooters, so can't comment on either access or swish but the feedback is access is better than activa.

Tachometer is used so that you maintain correct gear w.r.t. speed. As all such scooters are auto-trans/belt-drive, you don't require one. It is possible to give one but to cut costs, they avoid it.

After market-solution is difficult. If you seen even in maruti ritz, the tacho is given externally for vdi/zdi while there is no tacho for ldi.
It is possible but difficult & it won't be cost effective either.

Problem with aviator is the headlight. It is difficult to take turn at night in absence of streetlights as you turn first & then see the road/no road !!
For 2 wheelers, the headlight has to be on handle, if not it needs to have more angle of lumen output.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #9
Not fan of scooters, so can't comment on either access or swish but the feedback is access is better than activa.
+1. In my view, the best scooter available now is Access!

Problem with aviator is the headlight. It is difficult to take turn at night in absence of streetlights as you turn first & then see the road/no road !!
For 2 wheelers, the headlight has to be on handle, if not it needs to have more angle of lumen output.
I guess you are talking about Honda Dio here coz Aviator has the headlight on the handle bar itself!

I didn't see it yet. How does it look in real?
Not great.I saw it a month or two ago and I was quit suprised.Still aviator is my favorite scooter in terms styling.

It looked similar to wego.My observation may change though.

I think aviator has its headlights on the handle,thanks to Jihad,aka,jihu123 for confirming.

Does anybody have the sales figure of this newcomer.To me access looks best in White and I hope its the same for this newcomers as well.

Regarding the tachometer,I heard from one of my classmate saying that if you accelerate slowly/progressively,top speed can be achieved easily.May be the cvt effect.

Thread Starter #11
I think aviator has its headlights on the handle,thanks to Jihad,aka,jihu123 for confirming.
Thanks. [:)]

Does anybody have the sales figure of this newcomer.To me access looks best in White and I hope its the same for this newcomers as well.
I think it needs time to settle in the market. Don't know whether the first sales figure is out or not! I hope this will do good in the market with other competitors like Honda, TVS etc.

Regarding the tachometer,I heard from one of my classmate saying that if you accelerate slowly/progressively,top speed can be achieved easily.May be the cvt effect.
Yup, that's true. Gradual accelerating can make you go faster than the sudden acceleration!

It's the same scooter as the Access, with a few cosmetic modifications. It would certainly sell better than the Access, provided Suzuki markets it well, which they don't seem to be doing at the moment.

Thread Starter #13
@Sam Dinkar - true, it requires good marketing right now. I hope the waiting period for access will reduce now!
The only difference which I could make out was the cosmetic modifications & the difference with the torque (access has more torque).

Good Suspension+ powerful engine+strong body= access. this made access a huge hit. Swish comes with fiber body like dio. Swish meant for the younger generation. I seen a lot of farmers and small businesmen using the access loaded with vegitables/materials more than 50kg. Only access/activa can be used for this.

Access 125 and Swiss are same mechanically except cosmetic changes, i have access 125 and honda activa new , i feel activa is a little better from point of view of DIY peoples as suzuki spares are difficult to procure ... moreover the honda gy6 variant engine is much more proven as compared to the suzuki .... there is clutch issues with the access 125 i have seen many scoots with this type of issue , air box hose breakes every now and then . it sounds more at high speed also i would like to tell u that 5 years i have owned these scooters now and finally i am sure that i will go for HONDA and WEGO in future no suzukis (spares are always an issue)

Top Bottom