My PULSARmania...from 200 to 220.

Thread Starter #1
It was day before yesterday that I had said goodbye to my old and faithful 51k kms companion,my Pulsar 200.So from the same time I was in need for a new bike and hence I simply shortlisted only three bikes:-
1):Pulsar 220 F.
2):Pulsar 220 S.
3):Hero Karizma ZMR.

Now although I had no plans of buying the bike within 5 hours of deciding but this happened..[:D].And yesterday morning a friend told me "Vipul,if you are ready to buy a used bike too,then here in nearby village there is a 10 months old black color 220 which has done about 11k kms,the bike is in a mint condition and it can be available for an asking price"
Within an hour I was standing near the bike and was checking it.So after some talks and bargaining hard with the owner I got this gem of a bike for 50k,carrying cash in hand helped a lot,the owner was not coming below 55k but as soon as he saw the cash he simply got ready for 50k also in just a minute or two.

Right now I have returned after making a 400 kms long trip on the new bike(its really new for me) so I am quite tired,here are two pics for you people,rest I'll post later with complete initial experiences report too.(speed is something that I love and hence once touched 137 kph on NH-58 on the same bike)..

First pic:On the hilly road during the trip..
Second pic:Even the plastic cover is not removed from the speedo too,also have a look at the trip meter reading..

Attachments

Re: My PULSARmania...from 200 to 220..

Congrats Vipul.11000 km,for 50k,its a good bargain,that too with a bike thats in good condition.Why you went for a used one,since 200NS pulsar will be coming in market by April.

Thread Starter #3

Congrats Vipul.11000 km,for 50k,its a good bargain,that too with a bike thats in good condition.Why you went for a used one,since 200NS pulsar will be coming in market by April.
Well...hmmm[thinking],o ya because "There is no replacement to displacement".Secondly my running on bike is not more than 200-300kms per month now a days(since I passed my 12th) else only tours are made.Secondly I found that the new 200 does not have the 'PULSAR' design characteristics.And most important:I wanted a bike now.
Some more pics:

Attachments

Well...hmmm[thinking],o ya because "There is no replacement to displacement".Secondly my running on bike is not more than 200-300kms per month now a days(since I passed my 12th) else only tours are made.Secondly I found that the new 200 does not have the 'PULSAR' design characteristics.And most important:I wanted a bike now.
Some more pics:
Congratulations on your bike. If your running only 200-300kms per month and tours are what you are usually looking at then i would say the 220 makes lot of sense rather than going in for the new Pulsar 200NS.

Plus, there is always a should I or should I not buy, that happens when the first batch of bikes are sold. I mean there is a novelty to knowing that it is from the first batch, but many a times a few niggling issues usually crop up in the first batch and are ironed out in the later batches.

Thread Starter #6

ilango[speed thirst];146898 said:
Congrats for the bike , indeed she looks cool for the price.
400 kms aint a near by village!!
It was a round trip from Meerut to Haridwar-Dehradun..

Congratulations on your bike. If your running only 200-300kms per month and tours are what you are usually looking at then i would say the 220 makes lot of sense rather than going in for the new Pulsar 200NS.

Plus, there is always a should I or should I not buy, that happens when the first batch of bikes are sold. I mean there is a novelty to knowing that it is from the first batch, but many a times a few niggling issues usually crop up in the first batch and are ironed out in the later batches.
Well,actually the new 200's design was not as per my taste and secondly I was not ready to spend a lac for just 200-300 kms per month.

Congrats for the beast!!![clap] Must say it was a wise decision from your side. Pulsars does not have good resale value.

Well I feel that our condition is the same. After my graduation my bike's running has also decreased. Moreover after we brought the Activa the running is decreased even more; since my mom mostly give me some work to buy some things like groceries and all while going out from house; for which I have to take the Activa.
So my P200's monthly running may be hardly 200kms and the bike is parked outside my house. Also I have kept the bike in mint condition. Till today I have clocked around+12,345kms in 2.5years! Sometimes I think to sell off but on the other hand I dont feel like selling her.:biggrin:

Thread Starter #10
Congrats for the beast!!![clap] Must say it was a wise decision from your side. Pulsars does not have good resale value.

Well I feel that our condition is the same. After my graduation my bike's running has also decreased. Moreover after we brought the Activa the running is decreased even more; since my mom mostly give me some work to buy some things like groceries and all while going out from house; for which I have to take the Activa.
So my P200's monthly running may be hardly 200kms and the bike is parked outside my house. Also I have kept the bike in mint condition. Till today I have clocked around+12,345kms in 2.5years! Sometimes I think to sell off but on the other hand I dont feel like selling her.
Well,my 200 had covered a lot nearly five times your has done.It was a great bike only issue I faced was with the build quality none else.

Nice bike buddy and you got a really nice deal. And it looks cool in black. Congrats bro[clap]
Thanks buddy,its really great to know that you like it..

Congrats Vipul.

Which location is that, the one you are riding the bike?
Thanks buddy,party is waiting for you.Only you need to come and join me..so either come or next time I won't hear "YOU HAVEN'T GIVEN ME A TREAT"..[;)]

About location,a question:-YOU LIKED IT?
If yes,then it is the Chilla dam road in Haridwar,this is the same road which I have already mentioned in many threads,definitely it is my favorite road and hence I never miss a chance to drive on that road whenever I visit Haridwar...
In fact I'd advise everyone to at least drive on this road at least once in their lifetime if they visit Haridwar,I can bet that the natural beauty of this place can win anyone's heart.And the part of the road where Ganga flows parallel to road for about 22 kms is just mesmerizing..here are some more pic:-

First pic:Road running parallel to holy Ganga(see how near it is):-
Other pics:Just road,what else do we need?

Attachments

Well,my 200 had covered a lot nearly five times your has done.It was a great bike only issue I faced was with the build quality none else.
So my P200's monthly running may be hardly 200kms and the bike is parked outside my house. Also I have kept the bike in mint condition. Till today I have clocked around+12,345kms in 2.5years! Sometimes I think to sell off but on the other hand I dont feel like selling her.:biggrin:

Oops there's a typo.[frustration]I have a P180..[:D]

Congrats for your Pulsar 220 Vipul.You got a great deal out there for 50k.
The location is really impressing with good photos of your bike too.

Please keep this thread updated regularly.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #13
Oops there's a typo.[frustration]I have a P180..[:D]
Congrats for your Pulsar 200 Vipul.You got a great deal out there for 50k.
The location is really impressing with good photos of your bike too.

Please keep this thread updated regularly.
Thanks a lot buddy...

:offtopic:Gears buddy,no issue just look at the typo Vishwas has made..'200'..

Thread Starter #15
Yesterday I took the bike to my village(on NH-58),the bike behaved as per the way I needed her to do and pushed her to limits too(Because I found the dual carriageway to my village just 'EMPTY').What amazed me is an overall FE of about 45 kpl which is really fantastic for this bike.Here are some snaps:-

Last:From the last trip..
Rest:From latest trip(only the speedo pic is somewhat blurred,because of the 1.3 MP camera of cousin's phone).

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom