BSA Motors Launches Five New Electric Scooters

Thread Starter #1
BSA Motors, a strategic business unit of Tube Investments of India (TII), part of the Rs 15, 907 crore ($3.14 billion) Murugappa Group, on Monday unveiled five models of BSA Motors electric scooters in Orissa.

Speaking on the occasion, Mr S. Krishnaswamy, general manager- BSA Motors; - said
the company was pinning high hope on the five models – Smile, Diva, Street Rider, Roamer and Roamer Plus - to double its business in the country in year’s time.

“The electric scooter market in India is currently estimated at Rs 400 crore. The industry is expected to double in a year’s time and we hope BSA Motors will register an equal growth momentum during the same period.
BSA Motor’s foray into the electric scooters category has helped the company to expand its portfolio in the two wheeler market, Krishnaswamy added.

The company announced an exclusive offer for the Orissa customers. The customer will get cash card offer of Rs 2000 and battery warranty for one year.

Claming that the initial market response for BSA Motors products had been positive in the South and Orissa, Mr Krishnaswamy said he hoped a rapid growth in the coming days.

Each electric scooter will have four colour options with the exception of Diva which will have five colour options.

The unique features of these electric scooter models are its protective safety switch, twin passenger foot rest, ergonomically designed seats, great storage space, side reflectors and many more innovative features that are not currently available in the market
the GM said.

Out of the five models, three models are in 250 watts, one in 500 watts and one in 800 watts.

Source - Economictimes

Wishing BSA Motors Best of Luck.

There are around 2,3 ebike's lying in my society now,were used regularly when bought new but now it seems like the owners have lost interest.

And that's the reason i hate TINY electric bikes & cars as they just cant take place of our regular bikes/Cars.

Last edited:

There are around 2,3 ebike's lying in my society now,were used regularly when bought new but now it seems like the owners have lost interest.

And that's the reason i hate TINY electric bikes & cars as they just cant take place of our regular bikes/Cars.
But these area great alternative to scootys.

Last edited by a moderator:

absolutely, yes for teenagers, females for time being these ebikes seemed perfect choice, but their tiny modules, after sometime gets borring, nothing great appealing,even my neighbour brought one and drove it for some weeks, then parked it aside and brought an activa,ebike is being used by their son who's 12-13 years old who rides in our parking area sometimes.

Re: BSA Motors launches five models of Electric Scooters

Bsa Motors Diva has a motor operated with battery and it is capable of churning out a power-output of 250 W. The batteries of the sealed acid type with a capacity of 22 Ah and 48 V. The engine can deliver distance coverage of around 70 Km for each charge session. The Bsa Motors Diva engines are integrated with automatic gear shift capability, giving it an overall smooth ride. The Bsa Motors Diva has been designed to touch a maximum speed of just 25 kmph, which is reasonable when keeping in mind the age-group that the company has set to focus upon – 16 to 20 years. Additionally, one would not require a License or Registration in order to ride this Scooter.
[clap]

Last edited:

Top Bottom