Does Ride-On Control Switch Saves Fuel?

Thread Starter #1
There are many two wheelers coming now-a-days with a "ride on" control switch. If the switch is On then the pick up gets controlled and saves fuel. Does it really save fuel?

Thanking you

Regards

do u mean the switches on the right hand side. i did not feel any difference in on & off mode. did u feel experience the drop in pick up when on "on" position???

I think it doesnt saves fuel.When we switch on that a 'tick' sound will be heard & felled when we raise the acceleration.This reminds us to limit our acceleration & speed.[thumbsup]

I think it doesnt saves fuel.When we switch on that a 'tick' sound will be heard & felled when we raise the acceleration.This reminds us to limit our acceleration & speed.[thumbsup]
Exactly, On my discover I have that Ride control switch, does nothing magical. Just a reminder that you are using more throttle. Unnecessary switch, adding to the cost of the bike.

I don't think so that this method would be saving fuel as with an ride control switch, but the engine will be on, so how can we save the fuel.

The ride control switch hardens the throttle so that the effort taken to wring the throttle increases after the throttle has been wrung to a specific limit. Technically, it's just a marketing gimmick but realistically speaking, some people may not wring the throttle more and more when the throttle starts to offer resistance, thereby aiding fuel efficiency.

In suzuki GS 150R, there is no switch, but a ecnomy/power/ordinary mode in the meter console. This cannot be changed while riding. we need to stop the vehicle to change the mode. In manual it says that it is done by changing the mapping of CDI unit. In economy mode while crossing 5k rpm mark one white light start to blink and once crosses 8k, light will glow continuously.in power mode light start to blink at 8k only. Except 5KM/ltr reduction in power mode there is no difference we can feel. once i ride at120km/hr in economy mode. Didnt feel any difference.

Top Bottom