New Pulsars in September + Boxer 150 Next Month

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
MUMBAI, JULY 7:

Bajaj Auto is targeting monthly numbers of 4.20 lakh bikes and three-wheelers by October, which translates into five million units annually.

At present, the company averages 3.7 lakh units a month, of which, the Discover accounts for 1.35 lakh bikes and the Pulsar around 85,000.

The Boxer, exported from the China facility to parts of Africa, contributes 40,000 units to the sales kitty, while the CT 100 and Platina average 65,000 units between them.

The three-wheeler business chips in with 45,000 units each month.

COMPANY OPTIMISTIC

Mr Rajiv Bajaj, Managing Director, told Business Line that a large chunk of the additional volumes would be generated from the 150cc Boxer which debuts next month.

The company is equally optimistic that Pulsar and Discover numbers will continue to grow.

Mr Bajaj said the goal of five million units annually marked a remarkable turnaround for a company which had done only 2.2 million units in 2008-09.

“We wrapped up FY ‘10 with 2.8 million units, going up strongly to 3.8 million units in 2010-11. All this while, we have ensured an EBITDA margin of over 20 per cent which is testimony to a successful brand strategy,” he added.

From Bajaj Auto's point of view, the Discover has played a big role in this growth story. The 100cc version was launched precisely two years ago in the commuter segment, where little headway had been made till then to challenge the Hero Honda mantle. The numbers soon started coming in and April 2010 saw the company launch the Discover 150.

“Our strategy was to create the best opposite to the 100 which was the 150. This huge contrast in the commuter segment worked wonders with a section of buyers moving beyond mileage to power in the Discover 150,” Mr Bajaj said.

TOP SELLER

It was only a matter of time before the Discover 125 made its debut in April this year and it has since emerged the top seller in this product space.

Today, of total Discover sales, the 100cc accounts for 50 per cent with the 125 and 150 taking up the balance. As more commuters move away from the 100cc, it will help Bajaj Auto secure a strong position in the commuter category vis-à-vis Hero Honda.

Mr Bajaj said the Pulsar, likewise, was on a good wicket in the sports segment where its monthly numbers are over 80,000 units. An upgrade is due by September which is expected to keep the sales momentum going.

BOXER 150

The company is also betting big on the Boxer 150 which has already had a soft launch in Maharashtra and Uttar Pradesh.

Touted as the ‘Bharat' bike, Bajaj has focused on performance as the most critical lever. Hence, it is robust on all parameters right from the engine, suspension and tyres to the seat, chassis and headlamp.

“It is like a tank on two wheels which will create a new category in this product segment,” Mr Bajaj said.

The company believes that the Boxer's potential buyers prefer power to mere discounts by virtue of the difficult conditions they operate in.

To that extent, a 150cc bike at Rs 40,000 would be a ‘hugely attractive' option in this particular category.
Source: The Hindu

Business Line : Companies News : Bajaj plans 5-million unit ramp up by Oct

350Z

Core Team
Re: New Pulsars in September + Boxer 150 next month.

I’m a bit curious to see the mid-life makeover of Bajaj Pulsar. As Bajaj already stated, this move will be only to gain a momentum, so any major changes should be expected the least. And what’s up with the Bharat Bike. Alternative to the Splendour?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #3

AMG

Suspended

Bharat bike = 150 cc boxer = Bajaj boxer 150cc version,

The pulsar will be all new, totally restyled, and with a 4 valve engine(Since the P135 comes with it)

Interesting , cant wait to watch Boxer 150cc and the new Pulsar 150cc!

Thread Starter #5

AMG

Suspended

Even I have postponed my bike buying to September 11.

Even I have postponed my bike buying to September 11.
Hey buddy, you said Bajaj is out of your list?[anger]
Also will they come with 1 down 3 up gear shift pattern?[glasses]
Just kidding!

BTW a different strategy from Bajaj. 150cc throughout the product range? Pulsar 150, Discover 150 & finally Boxer 150. Then next, CT150, Platina 150 & a ANP 100 (All New Pulsar 100 cc)???

Thread Starter #7

AMG

Suspended

Hey Mr Boss

Have you checked my Location column?

I need two bikes.
One for Amritsar(hometown): a budget bike
One for Delhi(college): Had almost zeroed down to Stunner or CBZ, but now...

looking forward for the new pulsar. actually there arent many choices in the 150cc segment. pulsar & cbz have been bit old.

Thread Starter #9

AMG

Suspended

R15
FZ16
Suzuki GS150R
Honda Unicorn
Honda Dazzler
TVS Apache 160
Hero Honda CBZ
Hero Honda Hunk
Hero Honda Achiever
Discover 150
Yamaha SZ
Pulsar 150.

And you call these less choices?

how many of the above listed bikes are sporty, youthful bikes.

is Achiever still being produced??? cbz extreme, hunk are duds, they are no where near to the old cbz. i would anyday buy an old cbz than the extreme

suzuki gs150r a cross-over of pulsar, cbz, & hunk

pulsar 150, cbz & unicorn has been from a very long time & needs a COMPLETE makeover soon.

discover 150 & yamaha sz are commuter class. though they bear the 150cc engine, they are still regarded as the commuter class

R15 is a class apart, discussing in the 225cc thread would be more appropriate. be it the specs, pricing or design

Thread Starter #11

AMG

Suspended

looking forward for the new pulsar. actually there arent many choices in the 150cc segment. pulsar & cbz have been bit old.
how many of the above listed bikes are sporty, youthful bikes.

is Achiever still being produced??? cbz extreme, hunk are duds, they are no where near to the old cbz. i would anyday buy an old cbz than the extreme

suzuki gs150r a cross-over of pulsar, cbz, & hunk

pulsar 150, cbz & unicorn has been from a very long time & needs a COMPLETE makeover soon.

discover 150 & yamaha sz are commuter class. though they bear the 150cc engine, they are still regarded as the commuter class

R15 is a class apart, discussing in the 225cc thread would be more appropriate. be it the specs, pricing or design

I see the words youthful or sporty nowhere in the first post.
And I disagree with your analysis.

Red and black combo is nice but seriously i expected a major facelift because this model is around for quite a few years now.

Thread Starter #15

AMG

Suspended

^
Maybe there is a 4 Valve underneath.

Top Bottom