Kinetic Luna Restoration

Thread Starter #1
Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, so please feel free to correct me if I have put this thread under the wrong forum topic.

Now to the issue,

I have quite recently purchased a Kinetic Luna.

It was sold here in Sweden for a few years. However it was rebranded and sold under the name "Baghee."

After googling around for a bit I learned that this moped was originally produced in India by Kinetic motors, based on the italian moped piaggio ciao.
And was apparantly also sold in the US under the name "Kinetic TFR"

I have been googling for about 1 month straight now trying to find parts for this moped since there a quite a few parts missing on mine. I've looked in all shops I can find here in sweden and also all the shops I can find related to the Luna in the US but to no luck.

So I asked a former collegue of mine who lives in New Deli for advice. He said that he would look into this and that there might actually be motor shops and third party producers who still stocks parts for these mopeds. Unfortunately I left my job a few weeks after that and I am now unable to come in contact with said collegue.

Is there anybody here on the forums who has any knowledge of Kinetic Lunas that could give me some advice on where to turn? Is there anybody who knows of a reliable shop who can ship parts overseas?

I am mostly looking for new covers for the side, the toolbox pack on the back of the moped, a smaller rear belt pulley.

Thanks in advance!

//Hingstor

Hello everyone,

This is my first post on this forum, so please feel free to correct me if I have put this thread under the wrong forum topic.

Now to the issue,

It was sold here in Sweden for a few years. However it was rebranded and sold under the name "Baghee."

After googling around for a bit I learned that this moped was originally produced in India by Kinetic motors, based on the italian moped piaggio ciao.

I have been googling for about 1 month straight now trying to find parts for this moped since there a quite a few parts missing on mine. I've looked in all shops I can find here in sweden and also all the shops I can find related to the Luna in the US but to no luck.

So I asked a former collegue of mine who lives in New Deli for advice. He said that he would look into this and that there might actually be motor shops and third party producers who still stocks parts for these mopeds. Unfortunately I left my job a few weeks after that and I am now unable to come in contact with said collegue.

Is there anybody here on the forums who has any knowledge of Kinetic Lunas that could give me some advice on where to turn? Is there anybody who knows of a reliable shop who can ship parts overseas?

I am mostly looking for new covers for the side, the toolbox pack on the back of the moped, a smaller rear belt pulley.

Thanks in advance!

//Hingstor
Welcome @Hingstor to TAI.

You brought back nostalgic memories of the cannery yellow Kinetic Luna owned by my school friend in the 70's, it had bicycle kick start, and if you runout of fuel, just press a button/knob on the back wheel, and peddle along.

You are on track to scavenge the Delhi kabadi market, especially pahaad gunj area near new Delhi railway station.

Regards
Vinod

Hello everyone,

Now to the issue,

Thanks in advance!

//Hingstor
Can you post some pictures to this thread?

Thread Starter #4
Welcome @Hingstor to TAI.

You brought back nostalgic memories of the cannery yellow Kinetic Luna owned by my school friend in the 70's, it had bicycle kick start, and if you runout of fuel, just press a button/knob on the back wheel, and peddle along.

You are on track to scavenge the Delhi kabadi market, especially pahaad gunj area near new Delhi railway station.

Regards
Vinod
Happy i could bring you some nostalgia. Same with mine, the bike mode is really neat!

Is there any shop in particular that i can look into. Preferebly one with a website and pictures since my Hindi skills are non-existent.

Ill do my best to attach an image of my moped. However the filesize of my picture is 4mb and there is apparantly only 1mb allowed for uploads.

Maybe i can find somewhere to upload pictures that i can link to, ill see what i can do!

Last edited:
Happy i could bring you some nostalgia. Same with mine, the bike mode is really neat!

Is there any shop in particular that i can look into. Preferebly one with a website and pictures since my Hindi skills are non-existent.

Ill do my best to attach an image of my moped. However the filesize of my picture is 4mb and there is apparantly only 1mb allowed for uploads.

Maybe i can find somewhere to upload pictures that i can link to, ill see what i can do!
I could locate this in Delhi, hope it helps.

Spare Parts

Disclaimer: I have no commercial interest with the above portal.

Regards
Vinod

Top Bottom