Bajaj Pulsar 180 (UG-3) Restoration Mod Job

Thread Starter #1
Hey there enthusiasts! The keys to my elder brother's Bajaj Pulsar 180(UG-3) have been passed on to me recently since he got posted in a different state.

About the bike: The bike has clocked approx 50,000+ km(can't be exact with the figure because the speedo lost its display a few months back)

The taillight and taillight cowel broke a few months back while reversing (the very character for which pulsars are notorious for)

Work done so far: (repairs only, no extra modding)
1) Clutch plate replacement (twice)
2) Exhaust (not the whole pipe just the barrel as the older one got rotted away a common problem with Pulsars)
3) Routine Service(s)

Other than that the Bike runs just fine!

Work/ Modification that I want want to do:

Since I own a UG-3 model which had the Wolf- Eyed headlamps, I want to retro-fit it with the round headlamps from the Classic Pulsar 150(along with the analog speedometer), So What kind of fitment issues am I looking at? Or are they simply bolt on? And for how much will they set me back?

I'm also looking at changing the current handlebar to the Clip-ons found in the newer gen.

And since I'll be changing the wiring on the whole bike I would like to convert it to full DC

Replacing the broken cowl and tail-light to new ones.

Repainting the engine case, chain box ,alloy rims to black(although I'm a fan of Black on Black paint scheme but I'm open to new suggestions)

I'm also looking at changing the rear tire size(from 100\90×17 to 120/18 -17)so Do I need to replace the swing arm with the UG-4 model? Or is there any way I can get it done without the replacement?

Where can I get all of this extensive work done in Lucknow? or will it be better for me to visit an authorized Bajaj service center? Are they willing to cater to such a unique request? And for how much will all of this work set me back? Please Help!!

Top Bottom