Yamaha Launches FZ25 Motorcycle @ Rs. 1,19,500

Yamaha FZ25 Launched In India Priced At ₹ 1.19 Lakh

Yamaha Launches the FZ25 in India.
yamaha-fz25-launch_827x510_51485243555.jpeg

yamaha-fz25_827x510_61485265152.jpg

yamaha-fz25-instrument-console_827x510_41485265185.jpg

yamaha-fz25-rear_827x510_71485265291.jpg

Ending all speculations, the Yamaha FZ25 street-fighter has been launched in India, priced at a fantastic ₹ 1,19,500 (ex-showroom, Delhi). The new FZ25 marks the Japanese manufacturer's foray into the highly competitive 250 cc performance motorcycle segment, while the naked motorcycle India's most affordable 250 cc offering. The Yamaha FZ 25 takes the FZ brand forward in the bike maker's line-up and is said to be an ideal upgrade towards existing FZ users, apart from bringing all new customers to brand Yamaha. With deliveries scheduled to commence from 1st February 2017, here's everything you that the Yamaha FZ25 has to offer.

Power on the Yamaha FZ25 comes from the new BSIV compliant oil-cooled 249 cc single-cylinder fuel-injected engine that pumps out 20.6 bhp of power at 8000 rpm and 20 Nm at 6000 rpm. The motor comes mated to a 5-speed gearbox sadly, but the company says has been tuned to provide optimum low-end acceleration along with nimbleness to ride in the city.

The mechanicals comprise telescopic front forks and a monoshock suspension setup at the rear. Braking performance comes from 282 mm front and 257 mm rear disc brakes, while you get full LED headlamps, a first for any 250 cc offering in India, along and tail lights along and AHO (Automatic headlamp on). Disappointing as it gets, Anti-Locks Brakes (ABS) have been given a miss completely. The kerb weight stands at a decent 148 kg while the bike is underpinned by a diamond type frame. Yamaha returns a claimed fuel efficiency of 43 kmpl on the bike that comes courtesy of the BlueCore technology.

The Yamaha FZ 25 is being offered in three colours - Ballistic Blue, Warrior White and Knight Black. The street-fighter comes equipped with an LCD instrument cluster, while the design looks like that of a beefed up FZ, albeit with much more character and charm. You also see bits from bigger Yammie bikes being incorporated in the styling of the FZ25. The naked sport gets split seats, while the wheels are inspired by the bigger MT series of bikes and rides on 100/80 section front as well as 140/70 section rear 17-inch tyres. The ground clearance stands at 160 mm while the fuel tank capacity is a decent 14 litres.
Source: ndtv

Re: Yamaha FZ25 Launched In India Priced At ₹ 1.19 Lakh

I see another thread for the FZ25. I request the mods to merge the two threads.
Thanks

I am biased towards Yamaha bikes. Buy My God! that's one good looking bike!
Even though KTM 200 has better numbers on papers (and maybe in the real world as well), I believe this will give good competition to KTM.

Advantages that I see in FZ25 over KTM 200
The exhaust is in the right direction, no heating problems
The seating is slightly more ergonomic at least from the pictures
Claimed fuel efficiency is better

Looking forward for a review of the bike

good times for yamaha. specs may be bit boring but a higher cc producing less bhp-a relaxed bike similar to a zma. Keeping a keen eye on the reviews, may consider the yamaha as a replacement to my zma. my freind was comparing this dominor, i said yamaha is any day better than Bajaj, ktm.

Hi,
Price introduced was reasonable. Only thing is about performance. Need to check whether it can match the 250cc segment bikes.

Wow! It certainly looks killer especially those led headlamps. Even its been priced very sensibly. I am just disappointed with the power output of just 20.6 bhp, being 250 cc engine the power should have been in the range of at least 25-30 bhp.

Anyone had test driven this bike? Can some one give a comparison on Dominior and FZ25.
Or should I do it? I am in need of a bike , urgent.[;)]

Yeah the power output is very disappointing. I feel Dominor is not the right comparison as it has substantially more power and much bigger engine which puts it in a higher segment altogether.
Dominor has very positive reviews as well with a solid exhaust note. This should be compared with bikes ranging from NS200 to cbr250. Wish if they launched the fazer version of this as it doesn't look that great to me.
Diamond frame is a big let down as is lack of abs. This makes it like the normal Fz with 250cc engine.

Last edited:
Anyone had test driven this bike? Can some one give a comparison on Dominior and FZ25.
Or should I do it? I am in need of a bike , urgent.[;)]
bikes have arrived in chennai dealership. a 2km test drive.

positives:

* typical yamaha smoothness in the engine, butter gear shifts even for a new bike.
* well built and switch gears should last long.
* comfortable seats. just like FZ.
* Enough grunt in cities at low speeds even with a pillion.

The way the bike rode reminded me of the unicorn and 1st gen zma.

negatives:

* bike is too short in length. should be difficult with for a heavy rider and pillion.

dominor is not in comparison with this yamaha( yes in terms of pricing).

Dominor has it's share of negatives too like heavy weight and the cruise like sitting postion doesn't make the handling any better. It would be a pain in b2b traffice. engine heats up pretty quick and the fan is noisy.

Has anybody got this bike FZ25? I am looking for a bike and i am confused between FZ25 and dominar. My heart says FZ25 but mind says dominar. Without a doubt dominar is a VFM product. But lookwise FZ25 stands out (my opinion, anyone can differ [:)] ). Also as per the reviews FZ25 has butter smooth and reliable engine. My requirement is day to day office run and some weekend rides [:)]

Has anybody got this bike FZ25? I am looking for a bike and i am confused between FZ25 and dominar. My heart says FZ25 but mind says dominar. Without a doubt dominar is a VFM product. But lookwise FZ25 stands out (my opinion, anyone can differ [:)] ). Also as per the reviews FZ25 has butter smooth and reliable engine. My requirement is day to day office run and some weekend rides [:)]
Go for the Dominar (especially the black and white looks nice) as it looks more macho than the Fz 25 in terms of headlight and tail light. And the looks of Fz25 somewhat it looks odd to me. And Dominar is way best for some relaxed drives than the hurry burry drives and with led headlights it just looks awesome. It can do some serious high speeds but it is well proportioned for highway cruising.

Top Bottom