Vespa 946 Emporio Armani Edition Launched at Rs.12.04 Lakhs

Thread Starter #1
Vespa 946 Emporio Armani edition and 70 th Anniversary edition launched.

Italian two-wheeler brand Piaggio has launched the extremely exclusive Vespa 946 Emporio Armani Edition in India priced at a whopping ₹ 12,04,970 (ex-showroom, Pune). The scooter was commissioned last year to mark the 40th anniversary of Georgio Armani and the 130th anniversary of the Piaggio Group and receives styling from the iconic fashion brand, Armani. Along with new special edition Vespa 946, Piaggio India has also launched its 70th Anniversary Edition Vespa that has been priced at ₹ 96,500 (ex-showroom, Pune). In terms of design and styling, the Piaggio Vespa 946 Emporio Armani edition takes inspiration from the 1946 Vespa scooters, coupled with the most advanced technology in the scooter segment. The scooter is underpinned by a steel plate monocoque frame with aluminium parts including the rims, handlebar, side panels, and front mudguard that are accentuated by neo-retro character lines and the matte black colour.

The metal parts have been produced using galvanic treatments and have a satin finish, and create an opaque effect in line with the finishing touches of the body. The scooter also comes with the words 'Emporio Armani' on the side, while the iconic eagle logo of the brand sits above the headlight. The feature line includes brown leather finishes including the floating seat and grips, full LED headlamp, tail light and indicators, as well as an LCD instrument cluster among others.
Vespa 946 Emporio Armani edition.

vespa-946-emporio-armani_827x510_41479197134.jpg

Vespa 70 th Anniversary Edition.
The new Vespa 70th Anniversary edition, on the other hand, is based on the VXL model and marks the 70th anniversary of the Italian scooter brand. The special edition model is limited to 500 units in the country and comes with an exclusive Azurro 70 body colour, brown leather pattern seats, fly screen chrome rear carrier, chrome perimeter guard with integrated foot step for pillion and special glossy dust grey alloy wheels. You also get a chrome Vespa 70th Anniversary logo on the glovebox.

Mechanical, the Vespa 946 Emporio Armani is powered by a 125cc single-cylinder unit, that churns out 11.7bhp of power and 10.3Nm of torque, while paired to an automatic transmission. The scooter will also come with 220mm double disc brakes, dual-channel ABS and ASR (Anti-Slip Regulator) traction control. Vespa 70 th Anniversary edition is powered by a 150 cc, single-cylinder engine that churns out 11.4 BHP and 11.5 Nm of torque.

vespa-70th-anniversary-edition_827x510_71479198911.jpg

Source: ndtv

Thread Starter #3
It does looks like a killer with a price tag bomb!! [lol]

I don't know whether someone will buy this. Maybe some collectors.
Sure, it does but not only the price tag the minimal power it makes.

Even some collectors might look somewhere at this price tag and they could even extend their budget a little bit and buy a Ducati Diavel or a proper Harley davidson of their own choice.

Sure, it does but not only the price tag the minimal power it makes.

Even some collectors might look somewhere at this price tag and they could even extend their budget a little bit and buy a Ducati Diavel or a proper Harley davidson of their own choice.
True that. Wonder why did they priced it so high on Indian Market[confused]

Armani edition Wow! I am rushing to the showroom right now & buying it with all the Black money i have [lol]
Me & my bunch of car enthusiast friends use to make fun of the way Toyota has been pricing their cars & the way the Polo GTI is just ridiculously priced. But this Vespa takes the cake !!
70th Anniversary Edition Vespa, ₹ 96,500
Vespa 946 Emporio Armani Edition, ₹ 12,04,970
The joke here is its easily 13 times the cost of a Vespa.
I have seen Lamborghini working with Versace, Bugatti with Hermes but they dint price their models 13 times over the stable mate [lol]
So some wealthy dudes gf wants a two wheeler to travel to the gym then thats the only way this is selling,and the wealthy dude has to be really stupid like probably a married politician.[glasses]

I was pretty moody and was in the need for a laugh. Thankfully I saw this news.[lol]
So, basically I dish out 12L for a puny 125cc coughing out 11.7 bhp and 10.3 Nm. Mouth-watering offer but I'll pass and spend it on a HD Street Bob and get a massive 1585cc mill with 65 bhp and 124 Nm and a whole lot of paparazzi!
Seriously, Piaggio? And here I was, thinking that the Fortuner is over-priced.[frustration]
Good luck finding a collector who's foolish enough to invest in this!

Well looking at the replies, I guess Piaggio have suceeded in achieving thier goal. All of you concentrated on the 12l scooter and ignored an 1 lac grossly underpowered scooter.

In a lac of rupee a person can buy much more powerful bike. But the price looks ok when compared to the 12L scooter and people wont mind paying 1L for a scooter.

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I was pretty moody and was in the need for a laugh. Thankfully I saw this news.[lol]
So, basically I dish out 12L for a puny 125cc coughing out 11.7 bhp and 10.3 Nm. Mouth-watering offer but I'll pass and spend it on a HD Street Bob and get a massive 1585cc mill with 65 bhp and 124 Nm and a whole lot of paparazzi!
Seriously, Piaggio? And here I was, thinking that the Fortuner is over-priced.[frustration]
Good luck finding a collector who's foolish enough to invest in this!
You may think like this but there are many people who likes to own over priced things like this. For you and I maybe it's overpriced but I guy owning a Bentley might buy 2 of these scooters.

There's a mall in delhi ( dlf emporio) where all the expensive brands have shops. I saw a diesel black leather jacket for 1.5 lakhs. It exist because there is a market for it.

This is not going to work and it was not intend to work like that.
It is a publicity stunt. A 125 CC vehicle for Rs 12 Lacs,even a collector will think 3 times. Get the real piaggio, which was running in India and restore it,almost for nothing.
Even the new Vespa is insanely priced to keep itself as a premium. So let it be. Vespa will live on it's name. Do not buy to make them famous. [lol]

You may think like this but there are many people who likes to own over priced things like this. For you and I maybe it's overpriced but I guy owning a Bentley might buy 2 of these scooters.

There's a mall in delhi ( dlf emporio) where all the expensive brands have shops. I saw a diesel black leather jacket for 1.5 lakhs. It exist because there is a market for it.
Yes i have seen such people & awkwardly i have one or two such friends. As an example one of my friends spent alot on furniture including 12 lakhs for a table only used for a flower vase ,for which he has a 1 odd lakh per month contract to have fresh flowers arranged every alternate day around the house. Another friend who is wealthy told me some seriously rich people have some crazy expensive pets(am guessing of illegal nature).Spend crores on personal home theaters etc,the stories are endless,but oddly this two wheeler is still silly according to my friend who shops such high end clothing [:)]

Yes i have seen such people & awkwardly i have one or two such friends. As an example one of my friends spent alot on furniture including 12 lakhs for a table only used for a flower vase ,for which he has a 1 odd lakh per month contract to have fresh flowers arranged every alternate day around the house. Another friend who is wealthy told me some seriously rich people have some crazy expensive pets(am guessing of illegal nature).Spend crores on personal home theaters etc,the stories are endless,but oddly this two wheeler is still silly according to my friend who shops such high end clothing [:)]
Boss! That was before November 8. Hope , people have got sense in spending now.[lol] .Those filthy rich can show off any way.

Boss! That was before November 8. Hope , people have got sense in spending now.[lol] .Those filthy rich can show off any way.
Well the illegal money types like fraud,govt related would have taken a beating(i hope). The types who would have bought this two wheeler for their GF,its not even a collector piece.
But people i know have traditional income like rent & other forms of business, but yes there are sadly other obnoxious rumoured wealthy people out their.
And the only ones who take a beating in this new nov 8th decision were new money types who were crooked, the old with good foundation of wealth & history just flow with the times.

I'm in no way trying to be rude or stand strong in my point but a Bentley can, in no way be compared to a scooter at the end of the day. Even if there is some 'I-must-have-that-or-I-might-kill-myself' collector[roll], he will think more than a few times because no matter what badges they use like 'emperoro' or 'kingo' or 'queeno' or whatever, a scooter on two small wheels is still a scooter in the end and when viewed from ten metres, not even the collector can tell that it's something he bought for 12.XX lacs. Same thing isn't true for a Bentley or any other luxury vehicle for that matter[;)]

Top Bottom