Bicycle: Feedback About B-Twin My Bike 7S

Thread Starter #1
Hello all!!

I am planning to get started with cycling again after a long time. The reason being obvious that I have put on a lot of weight and am too lazy for any other form of workout/exercise. So I started with a budget of 5-6k to find an entry level bike. However I realised that I will need a geared bike for my daily commute to office as it involves small climbs and slopes. So decided to go for an entry level geared bike for time being. I came across two bikes, BSA mach city 7 speed and Btwin Mybike 7s. Both are available in sub 10K range. Decided to go with Mybike 7s as I have decathlon store near by and it comes with lifetime warranty for frame and fork. If any of members here do own Btwin Mybike 7s then I would really appreciate if they can share review of the bike. Also am I taking a right decision by selecting Btwin over BSA Mach city.

Waiting for inputs from members. Will be making the purchase in next one week. Budget is strictly below 10k.

There is Btwin My leisure bike costs 4.5K. You can add 6 speed gear to it. Total cost with gear will be around 5.5K.

Btwin 7s is a very good bike though.

Also consider Mach City iBike. It costs around 7.5K.

Since you are buying for weight reduction, do not compromise on size of bicycle. Make sure you get the right one for your height and weight.

Thread Starter #3
Hello Krishna,

Thanks for your reply. Actually when I enquired with the Decathlon staff they said that My bike cannot be modified for gears later. I was thinking the same what you have suggested. Buy a single speed and later add gears to it. They said even if you get it modified the total cost of owning the bike would b same or more as compared to MY Bike 7s.

Right now the prices are as below

My bike single speed + mudguard+ bike stand - 5500/-
My bike 7s + mudguard+bike stand - 9000/-

BSA Mach city single speed is 6500/- (just bike) accessories extra and geared 7 speed is 8600/- + accessories.

At first look My bike and Mach city look the same. As mentioned earlier because Btwin has lifetime warranty I was more inclined towards it. Also the store is just 5 kms from my place.

I took test drive of Mybike and the medium size fits well for me. The large size was comfortable to drive but the upper rod touched the groin area if I moved down from saddle. Don't wanna risk an injury their [lol]

I also bought mybike for 4.5K and another 0.5K for mud guards and stand.

It is exactly same as 7S, but has lower quality tyre and gear less.

When i asked bicycle mechanics, they told me that they can install a 6 speed gear system on it. Since I am using it for reducing my weight I am going gear less.

Consult other bicycle mechanics once before you purchase.

Don't ever consider that new killer looking Mach City iBike. Don't fall for that looks and style. My friend who is weighing 98 kgs had bought that. When he pedalled it with force, the crank got broke. Then only we realised that it was made of plastic. Height of stupidity.

If you really want a bicycle just for fitness, then grab the old Mach City from BSA or the MyBike from BTwin.

And finally, never get a bicycle with fancy things like shock absorbers, turbo drive crank, etc. Always get a diamond framed bicycle. Those bicycles with fancy things are BSOs.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #6
Hello,

Thanks for the reply. I have purcahsed the Btwin My Bike 7s. Got it from Snapdeal where Decathlon has a tie up and got it assembled at Decathlon store for 99/-. There was a 10% instant discount on snapdeal when I ordered. The cycle feels comfortable and I am satisfied with it. I am using it for daily office commute since last four weeks and the experience has been very good.

Only when I started cycling did I realise how dangerous it is to cycle on Bangalore roads. And some call it a cycling friendly city [roll] (May be it is in terms of weather [:)]). The build quality is good for the price range. I did have problems with the seat quick release but the store fixed it. Currently the gear shift feels a bit hard when shifting to lower gears. Will be taking the bike for inspection soon.

By Diamond frame do you mean the triangular shaped old time desgn?? The funky shaped of Hero and Hercules cycles kept me away from these brands. Purchased a cycle almost like after 13-15 years and hence was surprised to see that mudguards and stands have to be purchased separately [lol]. And was shocked to know that they don't have rear carrier, I was asking Decathlon guys if I can carry a friend along on these cycles and they said NO. I remember old days when we used to go triple seat on bicycles.

So with current breed of bikes it seems that we cannot sing "SONE KI CYCLE CHANDI KI SEAT ... AAO CHALO DARLING CHALEIN DOUBLE SEAT"

Yes, diamond frame is that the same ol plain design. It is actually the best. The bicycles with rear shock absorbers will not only absorb the shock of potholes on the road but they also absorb your pedaling power which will lower your efficiency, they also make you tired within few kms. They may feel easy to ride for short distances but anything more than 6 kms will make you tired if you ride on those fancy so called bicycles.

And one more thing, if you want to get some suspension like feel, lower the tyre pressure (both tyres) a bit and you are good to go.

vishalpsali, welcome to Btwin 7s club and wish you enjoy your ride daily.Early hours start your routine with the cycling as it would take few days for you to get used to the saddle paddle routine with bum sores lol.I did not liked the seat given with the bike, so changed it to the spring type saddle as it was more comfortable.
Here is the link to my ownership, sorry for not updating the tread for long time, seeing yours i would get that updated soon.
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...19607-b-twin-mybike-7s-my-new-0-bhp-ride.html

Top Bottom