Royal Enfield Electra Discontinued But on Offer Till Stock Lasts

Thread Starter #1
RE-bullet-electra-maroon.jpg

Royal Enfield Electra is no longer to be seen on the company website. After speaking to a few people who are associated with the brand, we can confirm that Royal Enfield has discontinued the brand Electra from their line-up. Royal Enfield’s line-up now includes Continental GT, Himalayan, Thunderbird, Classic and the Bullet range.Though there is no official reason, as to why Electra was discontinued, the reason is believed to be of profitability. With Electra being one of the low-priced motorcycle from the company, the profit margin on the same was also low, as compared to the newer and more expensive motorcycles from the brand.

Electra was the first model Royal Enfield had launched back in 1995 – 1997, under the able leadership of their newly appointed CEO, Mr Siddhartha Lal. The bike was launched with the aim of spreading the brand RE with a renewed vigor across India. That move was successful, and the Electra played a major role in the reversal of RE’s fortunes.But with the company now tackling manufacturing constraints, it was no longer feasible to continue manufacturing the Electra when there was much higher demand for their newer range of motorcycles, like the Classic.

Source: Rushlane.

Feeling unhappy about electra's discontinuation but not that much when cast iron engines were discontinued in last decade. Even though UC engines are more reliable but in my opinion cast iron looks were solid. Today also cast iron engine is more head turner as compare to UC engine. I think instead of UC engine, keeping old cast iron engine shape and updating internal technology would also acceptable back those days. I do agree that UC engines are better but sorry to say that they look like the same OHC engines we see in todays every bike. Seeing today's bullet i always feel that something is missing.The old cast iron shaped engine punch is missing.

Top Bottom