Bajaj Dominar 400 Now Launched

Thread Starter #1
Hello All,

The much awaited Bajaj Pulsar 400 VS (earlier CS) is due for launch next month. With a TV commercial being shot in Ladakh the bike was spotted undisguised. As I am planning to buy this bike for touring, I have been closely following news and updates on it. Here are a few pictures of the bike to be launched soon [clap]

Attachments

Last edited:
Re: Bajaj Pulsar 400 VS Unmasked

Is that Ladakh?

If it is Ladakh, why is it that almost all bike makers head to Ladakh? I know it is a surreal place but it is kinda getting unoriginal now - the location

good move by bajaj to get the power down for fuel efficiency and crusier styling rather than a commited seating compared to d390.

I am sure that the engine components with KTM. Still a great move from BAJAJ.

TVS and HERO will have to move little fast in this lane, to avoid down in sales figure with the entry of foreign companies like Aprilia, Ducati, Triumph, Benelli etc.

I still not understand, this India giants bike maker do not have short of budget, manpower, technology, talent and still they are behind in this business. They realize when foreign investor took interest in INDIAN market. Either INDIAN manufacturers are afraid and not confident of them or they do not have potential.

Good MOVE and Good LUCK Bajaj!

some good time ahead for bikers. Also with TVS getting the akula 310 ready and with spyshots appearing. it's gonna be BMW TVS vs KTM bajaj. bajaj needs to concentrate a bit more on quality. agreed they cost less than KTM. this bike should be capable for a true top speed of 150. also should cost less in ownership and offer better mileage and tank range compared to KTM. Refuelling consumed more time for me during long rides in my d390.

as far hero goes, I do not see any performance product coming till may 2017 from hero. only bike to be next lauched in xtreme 200s in mid jan 2017. tvs and bajaj have technology while hero EBR paternership ended and hero is left with no partners.

Is that Ladakh?

If it is Ladakh, why is it that almost all bike makers head to Ladakh? I know it is a surreal place but it is kinda getting unoriginal now - the location
Ladakh area is known for altitudes at over 10,000 ft. GREAT place to naturally strangulate any engine to see how it performs with less available oxygen (at high altitudes). Also, the mountain terrain would be a fantastic setting for Commercials and might ignite passionate potential customers.

Thro' this thread, I am also interested in this Bike, if Mr.Bajaj gifts me one [;)]

Well, I started off with a Bullet on my first Ladakh visit, moved to Impulse and the last time I was driving around in Activa in Leh. Except for a little drop in performance there were no issues whatsoever. I have seen many 100cc bikes traversing around Panamik. I am not really sure about the testing of the engine theory. Also, if I believe the OP was taking about a commercial for the bike.

Coming to the commercial even Hero gearless bikes have been picturized here. So, I felt that the advertisers are overkilling the Ladakh factor by placing every commercial here.

Like you said, maybe I should stick to the bike and not the location :P

Thread Starter #8

Absolutely soap [:)]
Pardon me all it's Pulsar VS 400 and not Pulsar 400 VS, VS heard stands for Vantage Sportz / VIKRANT SPORT
The power figures of the bike are lower compared to KTM 390's though the engine is derived from it albeit with modifications & tweaks from Bajaj R&D. Seems the focus is more on a tourer kind of bike with better ride-ability rather than raw shoot power like the KTM. There's a leaked picture of ARAI test on the new pulsar which shows the power figures at 25.74Kw/35Hp @ 8000 RPM which is considerably down from the 43 BHP @ 9000-9500 RPM of the KTM. Take a look.

Attachments

Last edited:

November launch confirmed, dates not yet decided.

Mr. Bajaj himself accepted that the bike should have been launched end of Aug, but that is now moved to November. Couple of points worth noting from the interview : "Honestly, this launch was to be in the end of August, but then we realised that it will distract us from building volumes for the festive season and so,we have now delayed it to November. So, November is when this launch will be. I do not have an exact date.

It will be an interesting launch because it will not be in all probability a Pulsar. For now, let me just say that a 400 cc Pulsar makes as much sense as a 150 cc Royal Enfield. So, when we are getting into a different category, it would be wise to look at a new brand. So, that is a big move that I am happy to share with you today"

Source : Rajiv Bajaj says new launches will take fight to Royal Enfield

Last edited:
Thread Starter #11

November launch confirmed, dates not yet decided.

Mr. Bajaj himself accepted that the bike should have been launched end of Aug, but that is now moved to November. Couple of points worth noting from the interview : "Honestly, this launch was to be in the end of August, but then we realised that it will distract us from building volumes for the festive season and so,we have now delayed it to November. So, November is when this launch will be. I do not have an exact date.

It will be an interesting launch because it will not be in all probability a Pulsar. For now, let me just say that a 400 cc Pulsar makes as much sense as a 150 cc Royal Enfield. So, when we are getting into a different category, it would be wise to look at a new brand. So, that is a big move that I am happy to share with you today"

Source : Rajiv Bajaj says new launches will take fight to Royal Enfield
Am not happy with Mr. Bajaj's decision. Initially the bike was to be launched way back in May-June 2016 itself. However delayed after spy pictures and details started pouring in along with the news that it is imminent for launch in August 2016 or early September 2016, the product being all ready but all of sudden launch held back due to festive season to focus on existing lineup is not a good decision. In fact a new bike should have been launched in the festive season which would have doubled as an advantage for good sales and response to it, more so this being an entirely different category of bike than the existing line up of Bajaj. It would have also got more focus on Brand Bajaj than competitors in market, giving it a positive and innovative outlook helping and adding to sales of existing line up of Bikes that apart from now also losing out on customers who during coming festive season were looking to purchase a bike in this segment. An opportunity missed in fact now expect even more RE sales (with a beautiful line up) with this delay. [glasses]

Last edited:

Attachments

Thread Starter #13

Speculations and Launch !
Bajaj-Kratos-VS400-on-test.jpg
Bajaj is rechristening the name of its soon to be launched 400 CC bike to Kratos VS 400 instead of Pulsar VS 400 and looking to take on Royal Enfield rather than come out as an option to KTM Duke. It may also be offered in two variants one carburated with lower BHP, the other FI with higher power figures. Launch imminent in November 2016. Cheers. Read more..

https://motoroctane.com/news/35462-bajaj-kratos-vs400-price-specifications

Last edited:

Hello All,

The much awaited Bajaj Pulsar 400 VS (earlier CS) is due for launch next month. With a TV commercial being shot in Ladakh the bike was spotted undisguised. As I am planning to buy this bike for touring, I have been closely following news and updates on it. Here are a few pictures of the bike to be launched soon [clap]
After a long wait, finally Bajaj is showing some intention to launch this. I must say there will be a lot of people cross-shopping between this and upcoming 2017 Duke 390 which is expected to solve the infamous engine heat and vibration issues. Other manufacturers are practically non-existent in this category and budget but competition will soon heat up in this segment.

P.S. I would stay away from the initial batches and wait for atleast 6 months post its launch during which time Bajaj will iron out the defects.

Top Bottom