I took delivery of my Dominar400 ABS
yesterday. I was confused like hell between D400 and FZ25. Also my first test ride of Dominar was a worst experience. During that test ride I was really disappointed with the vibrations of the bike and immediately i made a plan to go for FZ25. But, subsequently I got a chance to ride one of my friends Dominar in our township which already clocked 1200 km. And to my surprise his bike was pretty smooth. So I rode the bike 2 / 3 times and finally decided to go for it. So booked the bike on 08.09.2017 and got delivery on 11.09.2017 from Krishna Bajaj Trichy, after completing all the registration formalities. Owner’s manual, first aid kit, tool box and insurance papers were handed over to me along with the bike.
Based on my initial 130 KM ride these are pros and cons of Dominar400 as per my observations:
1. Brakes – Fantastic brakes. I am really surprised that Bajaj bike can have smooth progressive brake like Yamaha R15. Brakes are just wow.
2. Slipper clutch – This is my first bike with slipper clutch and I am already loving it. Down shifting is not an issue now. There is no sudden jerk while downshifting. The engine rev matches quickly.
3. Handling – I was really skeptical about handling of this bike since it weighs 180 Kgs. But to my surprise it handles pretty well. On the move the bike does not feel heavy.
4. Headlamp – Really good. Seems someone told Rajiv Bajaj “let there be light” and Rajiv Bajaj took it seriously :P .
5. Build quality- Overall good build quality. Operation of switch gear is very smooth and soft. I don’t understand why some people are saying that the switch gears are of low quality. Of course design is same as pulsars but quality wise it is good.
6. Seating position – It is spot on and comfortable. There is no issue for a person like me with 5.9” height.
7. Power: Even though my bike is in run in period I can still feel the eagerness of the engine to accelerate quickly. I am strictly following the run in as per the owner’s manual. So i have revved the engine up to only 4K. But, I am damn sure that this thing is going to pull like crazy beyond 4K RPM.
1. Weight – At 180 Kgs this is a beast. Need muscles to move the bike while engine is off.
2. Gear Indicator – For the first time I am missing the gear indicator in a bike. So far all my bikes did not have gear indicator and I dint face any issue. But in this bike beyond 3rd gear it is difficult to say in which gear you are in. Seems I need to practice more.
3. Turning radius – It is really huge.
That’s all guyz.