Tork Kratos e-Bike Launched

Thread Starter #1
Excited to see this all electric two wheeler that looks like a real motorbike vs skinny scooter. Feels like Tesla effect for the east.

Tork Motorcycles, a Pune-based electric bike start-up is all set to launch India's first fully electric motorcycle by this Diwali. Designed in Pune, Tork T6X will be the first e-motorcycle to be manufactured and sold in the country.
1471354923_tork-t6x.jpg

Sources:
Tork T6X: India's first electric motorcycle to be launched soon

Tork Motorcycles to launch first electric bike T6X soon | Business Standard News

Thread Starter #4
Re: Tork T6X Launching Soon

The bike is officially launched for a promotional price of Rs.1,24,999. Pre bookings are open but initially only available in Pune, Bangalore and Delhi.

Some interesting highlights:
- 100 KM range
- 100 KMPH cruising speed
- 27 NM instant torque
- 80% charge in 1 hour
- 4.3" touchscreen with navigation
- Utility storage with phone charging port
- Smartphone app & cloud connectivity with over-the-air software updates
- Custom riding profiles to suit driver's needs

Official Website: Tork Motorcycles

Credits:
Team-bhp
Rushlane

Last edited:
Re: Tork T6X Launching Soon

Some interesting highlights:
- 100 KM range
- 100 KMPH cruising speed
- 27 NM instant torque
- 80% charge in 1 hour
- 4.3" touchscreen with navigation
- Utility storage with phone charging port
- Smartphone app & cloud connectivity with over-the-air software updates
- Custom riding profiles to suit driver's needs
For the price given the additional important highlight is that it comes with DRL, ABS, CBS, anti-theft, geo-sensing, Front and rear disc brakes, 17-inch tubeless tyres etc. Weighing 130 kgs, the battery delivers a peak torque of 27 Nm. The battery pack is IP67 certified water and dust resistant.

But still when considering the hefty amount (price tag) the company should have come with a more range to munch in it say atleast a minimum of 250 - 300 KM so that as an electric motorcycle it would have been a massive success than now.

bhvm

Honoured Member
Electric Motors Produce Full torque from the get go.
I am sure the acceleration would be a bomb but will hit a wall at top end.

price is slightly on the higher side. As such rupee can get you 150~180 CC bikes with decent performance.

Thread Starter #8
For the price given the additional important highlight is that it comes with DRL, ABS, CBS, anti-theft, geo-sensing, Front and rear disc brakes, 17-inch tubeless tyres etc. Weighing 130 kgs, the battery delivers a peak torque of 27 Nm. The battery pack is IP67 certified water and dust resistant.
Thanks for adding these important features I had missed.

But still when considering the hefty amount (price tag) the company should have come with a more range to munch in it say atleast a minimum of 250 - 300 KM so that as an electric motorcycle it would have been a massive success than now.
I guess their primary target for this bike is city riders and office goers. Lets hope they grow and come up with longer range models in future.
Electric Motors Produce Full torque from the get go.
I am sure the acceleration would be a bomb but will hit a wall at top end.
Spot on. NDTV Auto mentions this is equivalent to a 200cc petrol.
price is slightly on the higher side. As such rupee can get you 150~180 CC bikes with decent performance.
I feel this is justified by low fuel & running costs thereby fetching returns in the long run. I am not sure if FAME subsidies apply on top of this pricing or already included.

bhvm

Honoured Member
it's great if you have a green spirit.
burning running costs, I'm not to sure. maintainace will be less than combustion engines, but Battery will need replacing Every 3 -5 years. that eats all your savings.

also I'm not sure about savings if you're paying 5-6k a month Electric Bill to charge these toys. the motors is 6kw, which is equivalent to 3-4 ACs.

also the Battery life is mentioned 1000 cycles, which Means 3 years Max. we already know from our laptop/mobile batteries. they start dying in 2 years Max due to harsh conditions in India.

Mathematics Time [evil]
It goes 100 kms in 1 hour, that means it goes 1 kilometer per percent of power stored in the battery.

Motor is 6kW and can be ran for complete 1 hour while producing peak power (100 kph for 1 hour), that means the battery pack is at least 6kW (Or maybe 7.2 or even more depending on the power factor of the drive/controller)

I hope it is an AC sync or 3 phase induction or BLDC motor driving this motorcycle though.

It is sure that the battery needs at least 6 kWH of power to run this 6kW motor for 1 hour while producing peak power.

That means the battery pack needs to be at least 6kWH capacity one (Make the VI and AH calculations as per that). Now at our homes we have a power factor of 0.8 or maybe lower. So going by this one, at least 7.2 kWH of power or 7.2 units are required for one full charge. Now the charger, controller, motor itself etc all have some power factor if they are dealing with AC. Let's take it 0.75 giving Tork motors the benefit of doubt (I can bet myself that overall pf will than this) so that means 8kWH of power is required per full charge.

Now taking 6 rupees per unit as electricity charges, you end up going 100 kilometers for at least 48 rupees. I can bet this motorcycle will run for at least rupees 60 per 100 kilometers.

There are 1000 charging cycles the battery is good for. That means if everything goes well, then the motorcycle will take you 1,00,000 kilometers for 48,000 bucks and that makes the case stronger for the motorcycle.

My Pulsar 220
FE: 38 kpl
Running cost: Around 1.8 rupees per kilometer
running cost for going 1,00,000 kms comes out at around 1,80,000 kms for only fuel and I know this engine won't last that much.

Tork goes 1 lac kms for 48,000 rupees under ideal condition and for 60,000 rupees under that I say (I tell you, these BLDC and Induction motors are super rugged and can outlive even 10 engines if maintained properly). And my Pulsar goes the same for 1.8 lac rupees.

Being and electric drive, acceleration is guaranteed and speed is also enough to keep me happy and it's actually nice for daily drives as it will offer much comfortable ride in the town.

Comparison Result [glasses]

After paying 1 lac rupees on a Pulsar 220, I will end up paying at least 1.8 lac for fuel for going at 1,00,000 kilometers and at least one engine rebuild costing me around 15k bucks. So that makes 1.95 lac + motorcycle cost of 1 lac = 2.95 lac per 1 lac kilometers. Net effective running cost is INR 2.95 per kilometer for my Pulsar 220 for going 1 lac kms.

For Tork I am paying around 1.4 lac as purchasing cost (Registration, Insurance etc). Then I pay at least 48,000 or at max 60,000 for going 1 lac kms. That means I will go 1 lac kms in 2 lac rupees at max. I tell you, it won't require motor rebuild if ridden sanely, motors are rugged enough for the job. Hence the Tork will take you 1 lac kilometers for INR 2 per kilometer going by 60,000 rupees taken as electricity cost. Now let's consider battery to be costing 25,000 bucks and that makes it 2.25 lac per 1 lac kms. That makes a running cost of INR 2.25 per kilometer.

Hence we can safely conclude that the Tork, if ridden properly and comes out to be niggle free, can be a fuss free fun city run about giving you the in-city fun of a 200 cc or higher motorcycle at the running cost comparable to a 125cc.

One thing I can bet; if the motor used is a good one then it can outlive the engine of any motorcycle (Under 3 lac) even after one rebuild. So with a robust motor and rugged electronics (If present), this motorcycle actually makes for itself a stronger case than many. For an office goes going 50 kms per day on motorcycle, this Tork can prove to be more economical than even a Pulsar 150; 220 is a different thing altogether.

Mathematics Time [evil]
It goes 100 kms in 1 hour, that means it goes 1 kilometer per percent of power stored in the battery.

Motor is 6kW and can be ran for complete 1 hour while producing peak power (100 kph for 1 hour), that means the battery pack is at least 6kW (Or maybe 7.2 or even more depending on the power factor of the drive/controller)

I hope it is an AC sync or 3 phase induction or BLDC motor driving this motorcycle though.

It is sure that the battery needs at least 6 kWH of power to run this 6kW motor for 1 hour while producing peak power.

That means the battery pack needs to be at least 6kWH capacity one (Make the VI and AH calculations as per that). Now at our homes we have a power factor of 0.8 or maybe lower. So going by this one, at least 7.2 kWH of power or 7.2 units are required for one full charge. Now the charger, controller, motor itself etc all have some power factor if they are dealing with AC. Let's take it 0.75 giving Tork motors the benefit of doubt (I can bet myself that overall pf will than this) so that means 8kWH of power is required per full charge.

Now taking 6 rupees per unit as electricity charges, you end up going 100 kilometers for at least 48 rupees. I can bet this motorcycle will run for at least rupees 60 per 100 kilometers.

There are 1000 charging cycles the battery is good for. That means if everything goes well, then the motorcycle will take you 1,00,000 kilometers for 48,000 bucks and that makes the case stronger for the motorcycle.

My Pulsar 220
FE: 38 kpl
Running cost: Around 1.8 rupees per kilometer
running cost for going 1,00,000 kms comes out at around 1,80,000 kms for only fuel and I know this engine won't last that much.

Tork goes 1 lac kms for 48,000 rupees under ideal condition and for 60,000 rupees under that I say (I tell you, these BLDC and Induction motors are super rugged and can outlive even 10 engines if maintained properly). And my Pulsar goes the same for 1.8 lac rupees.

Being and electric drive, acceleration is guaranteed and speed is also enough to keep me happy and it's actually nice for daily drives as it will offer much comfortable ride in the town.

Comparison Result [glasses]

After paying 1 lac rupees on a Pulsar 220, I will end up paying at least 1.8 lac for fuel for going at 1,00,000 kilometers and at least one engine rebuild costing me around 15k bucks. So that makes 1.95 lac + motorcycle cost of 1 lac = 2.95 lac per 1 lac kilometers. Net effective running cost is INR 2.95 per kilometer for my Pulsar 220 for going 1 lac kms.

For Tork I am paying around 1.4 lac as purchasing cost (Registration, Insurance etc). Then I pay at least 48,000 or at max 60,000 for going 1 lac kms. That means I will go 1 lac kms in 2 lac rupees at max. I tell you, it won't require motor rebuild if ridden sanely, motors are rugged enough for the job. Hence the Tork will take you 1 lac kilometers for INR 2 per kilometer going by 60,000 rupees taken as electricity cost. Now let's consider battery to be costing 25,000 bucks and that makes it 2.25 lac per 1 lac kms. That makes a running cost of INR 2.25 per kilometer.

Hence we can safely conclude that the Tork, if ridden properly and comes out to be niggle free, can be a fuss free fun city run about giving you the in-city fun of a 200 cc or higher motorcycle at the running cost comparable to a 125cc.

One thing I can bet; if the motor used is a good one then it can outlive the engine of any motorcycle (Under 3 lac) even after one rebuild. So with a robust motor and rugged electronics (If present), this motorcycle actually makes for itself a stronger case than many. For an office goes going 50 kms per day on motorcycle, this Tork can prove to be more economical than even a Pulsar 150; 220 is a different thing altogether.
This here,Is some next level mathz skills right here ![clap]

bhvm

Honoured Member
Vipul, time to change your name to junior aryabhatta.

the math is really mind boggling. appreciate all your calculations. I was looking forward to something like this.

can you calculate how much Electric Bill we shall get per month, consierding I ride 30km daily on tork ?
the slab rate being 300-1000 units.

27nm of Torque right from the word go,That is just insane ! That's more than any 200cc and is more than a Ninja 300 ! It should be a blast in city riding,Acceleration and flick-ability (Monoshock)

Sweet Jesus !!!

The Bhp Figures are quite low for the price being only 8 Bhp,Less than half of the RTR 200 which is the slowest and the cheapest 200cc Bike for the price.

But hey,You have the efficiency and maintainence costs of a 100cc Bike here,With much less moving parts compared to the internal combustion engines,So reliability should probably be great.And with lots of other features with ABS being one of the major ones,

I think this bike will be quite a success.Heck,Now I am torn apart between this/RTR 200 or a Car (The Matiz),All three will be head turners,But this one...Better in a lot of ways

I'm mighty impressed by this bike.Here's the list of things TORK needs to do before 2017 March if they want me on board

1) Expand their A.S.S down here at Chennai (Atleast two dealerships with proper services)
2) Give me a Fast Charger with the bike so that I can charge it in my house (I shall buy it even if it
will cost me bit).Because I feel like it's a better option than setting up charging stations,As this is
a city Bike,It will probably be close/not too far from our homes.
3) Give me Dual Channel ABS
4) Give me an App on Android/iOS that can recognize the pattern of usage and optimize the bike
according to the rider's preference and usage likings,Also shows us the level of Battery health and
health of other parts

At final on road right below 1.5 Lakhs,I think this bike will be worth it if they provide me with the 4 things I've mentioned above

can you calculate how much Electric Bill we shall get per month, consierding I ride 30km daily on tork ?
the slab rate being 300-1000 units.
30 kms per day means you will do 100 kms in 3 days. Now let's take range to be 90 for you.
In that case it will be 60/3 = 20 rupees per day for you in terms of electric cost. Say 600 bucks per month is all your power cost will be.

Top Bottom