Yamaha RXZ 5-Speed Restoration (2000 Model)

Thread Starter #1
I am writing this log about my experiences and expenses incurred in restoration Yamaha RXZ 2000 model 4 speed converted to 5 speed, I picked this bike from a good friend of mine and continued his project, Bike color per RC is blue and I have keep it same ,
Bike is stock with no mods, only exception is a 19 inch rim and a 19 inch rear tire,
Parts availability was not much of a hassle available but for few i had to settle for non OEM,
I insisted on OEM make for most parts ,I am based in Hyderabad (Telangana) and we have abundance of painters promising sky high results but so far results are just good ,
Restoration started on 25th July, and due to rains the paint part got delayed till August 7th
The first step I took was to get the RC renewed, transferred to my name and fitness done, cost RS 3500,
The twist to this matter is that the RC came back transferred to my name ,fitness extended for 5 years but with few typos , the make was set to RX 100 instead of RXZ , the CC was set to 98 instead of 132 cc , and color has INA (information not available) instead of blue ,now I resent the new RC back to the agent to get corrections done , cost of mistake rectification unknown ,it could be between 1000 – 1500 or more , so bottom line RS-5000+ for getting RC perfect ,
Expenses break up attached, I reckon I will touch RS 25,000+ by the time the bike is ready,
There is still lot of work pending , the bike is back from frame painting , black color , few parts are painted matt black and the engine silver color ,Mech will start assembling bike on Monday 15th August 2016 ,the bike should be ready by 31st August , post which I plan to sell it ,

please click link to goto google photos to see pictures ,
https://goo.gl/photos/1CeCP4zfQBsnf2tz7
i will post more pictures as i gather progress ,

Attachments

Congrats and all the best. Subscribed to this thread.

A piece of suggestion, give a thought for a set of new tires. The current ones are nearing end of life it seems.

Thread Starter #7
Thanks Fellas , @ Mr.Boss i will plonk new set of tyres soon , the bike is almost done , i just have to get the engine and clutch covers installed , i am also planning to install RDD CDI , we have someone selling an RDD CDI in Hyderabad (telengana)
i have almost touched 25 k in restoration costs , the mech and his buddies are dead locked and want to buy the bike , latest pics are posted on link below

comments!! and thanks ,
i reckon i will end up spending another 5 k - 8 K thats for tyres and RDD CDI and who knows more , prolly end up spending 30+ over , i also spoke to the someone about installing a disk setup on the front , lets see how that goes , thanks for your feedback fellas !

Thread Starter #8
All ,

Final pictures posted at link below , COMMENT !! [:D]

Total expenses 25+ plus ,crossed 65k+ barrier all inclusive so far , [evil]
i might sell the bike if i get a decent offer ,

NEXT PLAN [;)]
1) Install an RDD CDI ,
2) Front front disk setup ,
3) New tires
4) little tid bits here an there ,

Last edited:
Congrats
Speedo should be on left and tacho on the right, that's reversed. I hope you haven't connected the tacho cable yet, any future plans?

PS: Why don;t you post the snaps directly here?

Thread Starter #10
Hi MR Boss ; I am yet to attach the tacho and speedo cables , i will get the Speedo and tacho position corrected , thanks , i was tied up with RTO trips , the pictures i take are turning out to be high res and over 1-2 megs in size and i am not able to load them here , lemme try resizing them and uploading here ,

NEXT PLAN
1) Install RDD CDI ,
2) Front disk setup ,(Pulsar Old Model)
3) New tires
4) engine decal stickers ,
5)Teflon coating ,
6) New head light assembly ,
8) little tid bits here and there
and the list continues ,,

IMAG0018.jpg

IMAG0019.jpg

IMAG0020.jpg

IMAG0021.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

bhvm

Honoured Member
Oh Boy! The bike is looking really sweet. headlight has lost its shine, so a new headlight will definitely amp up the looks. You can also install a couple of LED AUX lamps to add the look (And Illumination)

2) Front disk setup ,(Pulsar Old Model)
Installing Pulsar fork legs will require front mud guard change. Mounting is different and you may modify the existing mudguard.

PS: Painting the lower half of front mudguard in black should enhance the looks further.

Thread Starter #15
Thanks ya all , i think i will drop the idea on the front disk install , i don't want to mess up the originality of the bike , i will be getting a new front head lamp assembly in few days ,

God Gracious the corrections in my RC got done today , am feeling so damn relaxed , with few tidbits here and there i think she will be A+ soon ,

Thank you All for your comments and inputs ,

Last edited by a moderator:

Top Bottom