Honda 2-Wheeler Officially Launches 2016 Dio Scooter

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
2016-HONDA-Dio-Matte-Axis-Grey.jpg

Honda launches new 2016 style upgrade of its moto-scooter DIO
Gurgaon, May 3, 2016

~ Celebrates Dio’s historic 10 lac sales in Indian market ~

Honda introduces new 2016 Dio in refreshing new Matte Axis Grey color and 3D Emblem

Available for Rs. 48,264 (Ex-showroom, Delhi), new value added Dio comes at same cost

A testimony of ‘Make in India, For the World’, Dio is today the No.1 export model of Honda

Gurgaon, May 3, 2016: Launched in the year 2002, Dio is the original ‘moto-scooter’ designed for the trend-setting youth which merges the aggressive looks of motorcycle with convenience of scooter.

Celebrating Dio’s entry into the exclusive million Customers club, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India Pvt Ltd (HMSI) announced the introduction of refreshing new Matt Axis Grey colour of Dio with a premium 3D emblem.

Noteworthy that Dio is not only delighting young customers of India, but also enjoys global acceptance. Dio is today the No.1 export model of Honda 2Wheelers India; and is exported to Latin America (Colombia), South America (Mexico) and neighboring nations (Sri Lanka and Nepal) with an aggressive plan for future.

Speaking as the dispatches for the new Dio commenced, Mr. Yadvinder Singh Guleria, Senior Vice President – Sales & Marketing, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India Pvt. Ltd said, “In line with Honda strategy to delight our customers by refreshing our product portfolio regularly, the new Dio is Honda’s sixth new model of 2016. The new Matt Axis grey colour with value addition of the premium 3D emblem without any additional cost makes it a compelling proposition to own one.”

Providing an irresistible package of style and substance, the latest style upgrade comes at no additional cost as Dio continues to be priced at Rs 48,264 (Ex-showroom, Delhi).

The Dio is powered by the Honda’s engine technology - Honda Eco Technology (resulting in superior mileage). Besides the new Matte Axis Grey colour, the Dio is also available in 4 existing exotic colours - Jazzy Blue Metallic, Candy Palm Green, Sports Red and Black.
Official

Regards

Akash

Re: Honda 2-Wheeler Officially Launch 2016 DIO Scooter

I was in the first 10 who brought DIO in 2012, when the facelift was launched. Can't even feel like I am riding a 4 year old vehicle.

Butter smooth with minimal maintenance. Recently replaced the battery, apart from that no major issues.

Finally,nice update by Honda.The colour which I wanted is here.I almost decided to buy Dio in this colour but backed out due to strict orders from my parents that you should not drive two wheeler without license and by the time I had decided to buy in this colour,this colour got discontinued and weird two tone colours were introduced and lost my interest in buying Dio due to discontinuation of single colours.Now,I'm ready to book Matte Grey Dio finally after seeing the news.But,had to wait for 3 months as I'm completing 18 this year.

And,I felt Dio is much better than our Suzuki Access 125 in terms of weight,reliability and looks.I rode my friends Dio many times and I got impressed with it.

Can someone tell me what the upgrade here is? Color and 3d Emblem? This can be easily done from round the corner accessories shops. Stickers, colors and emblem should not qualify as an upgrade IMHO. Am I missing something here?

Did Honda provide Telescopic suspension in the new Dio?

Can someone tell me what the upgrade here is? Color and 3d Emblem? This can be easily done from round the corner accessories shops. Stickers, colors and emblem should not qualify as an upgrade IMHO. Am I missing something here?

Actually,Honda has re-introduced this color as many people didn't like dual tone colors in Dio.So,people like me,who want to buy Dio in Matte Grey color now,this is the right time to buy.

When I went to the Honda dealer yesterday,the sales person said,Saar,they have introduced in Matte grey color as special edition color and will be sold in few units.I was shocked and when I saw the brochure in the dealer,it still mentions only 4 colors.Now,they have updated the brochure with Matte Grey in Honda website.

I can't lay my hands to get the Dio in Matte Grey color.But I have to wait till August as I will complete 18 this year and I will get the license.My favorite color ever in Dio and whenever I see this color in Dio,I fall in love with it.Another scoot which I'm considering is Vespa SXL 125 or 150.

I was in the first 10 who brought DIO in 2012, when the facelift was launched. Can't even feel like I am riding a 4 year old vehicle.

Butter smooth with minimal maintenance. Recently replaced the battery, apart from that no major issues.
I agree. We also had a DIO 2012 facelift which was sold of recently for an Activa 125. Loved that scooty for its refinement and eager handling. Absolutely loved it till the last moment I had it.

Finally,nice update by Honda.The colour which I wanted is here.I almost decided to buy Dio in this colour but backed out due to strict orders from my parents that you should not drive two wheeler without license and by the time I had decided to buy in this colour,this colour got discontinued and weird two tone colours were introduced and lost my interest in buying Dio due to discontinuation of single colours.Now,I'm ready to book Matte Grey Dio finally after seeing the news.But,had to wait for 3 months as I'm completing 18 this year.

And,I felt Dio is much better than our Suzuki Access 125 in terms of weight,reliability and looks.I rode my friends Dio many times and I got impressed with it.
Same here. I found the two tone colours a bit too much in your face compared to the matte grey. The colour managed to look understated and swag at the same time. In comparison, my new Activa 125 does seem softer and more sophisticated.

The real upgrade here is just the 3d emblem. I know even i found it ridiculous but hey, I love this colour and its in my opinion the best colour to buy the Dio in apart from the all white. Nope no telescopic suspension provided. I think this move is to differentiate from its larger and more premium siblings- The Aviator and Activa 125.

When I went to the Honda dealer yesterday,the sales person said,Saar,they have introduced in Matte grey color as special edition color and will be sold in few units.I was shocked and when I saw the brochure in the dealer,it still mentions only 4 colors.Now,they have updated the brochure with Matte Grey in Honda website.

Another scoot which I'm considering is Vespa SXL 125 or 150.
Honda showrooms are quite lax in their behaviour with new launches. When the new Activa 125 was launched some showrooms didn't even know of the new vehicle. Infact some didn't even have brochures even after a month of launch. Regarding the Vespa, I was also in a similar dilemma when I decided to go for Activa 125. The reasons?-
1) Faster than Vespa s 125 and only little slower than 150.
2) Better mid range which helps you get ahead better in traffic.
3) I also found the Honda to be quicker to react to throttle inputs that Vespa.
4) The high speed behaviour of the Activa was miles ahead of the Vespa which bobbed up and down as soon as you crossed 60 not inspiring any confidence to go further, whilst the Activa is a little firmer at slower speeds, it makes up at higher speeds. Think of the behaviour similar to older Hyundai's( The Vespa ) and a German car( The Activa).
5) Most importantly the price. Compare the space and utility of the Activa 125 to that of Vespa and thats where the Vespa goes from a beauty to just an expensive plaything. Believe me or not, I had trouble fitting my half face helmet in Vespa which was an easy fit in the Activa.

My point of posting this was that see your purpose and then take a decision. Even though i have the Activa now, whenever I see a Vespa, my heart melts but that stops when I overtake it with ease [:D].

Can some please tell me the differences between this vehicle and the new Activa?
Which Activa are you referring to? 3g or 125.
3g- No change apart from body materials and design. Whereas the Activa is metal bodied, the Dio is plastic and isn't as durable as the Activa. But this light weight makes it more peppy and a better handler.
125- Smaller engine in the Dio and telescopic suspension with alloy wheels along with a digital odo.

Last edited:
Joshua-Yeah,even I felt the same with Honda dealers.They are not sure about their new launches at all.Btw,congrats for buying Activa 125 and which color and variant did you buy?

Will wait till August and buy this beast in matte grey color.Or else,will go Vespa.

Joshua-Yeah,even I felt the same with Honda dealers.They are not sure about their new launches at all.Btw,congrats for buying Activa 125 and which color and variant did you buy?

Will wait till August and buy this beast in matte grey color.Or else,will go Vespa.
Hi bro, thanks for your wishes. Went for white colour deluxe model as wasnt to keen on the drum brake one. I bought it in 11th april and its going for its first service tomorrow. The dealer did try to force us into buying the standard one but i remained insistent. My luck, they got 114 scooters and out of that there was inly one 2016 april manufactures white Activa 125 deluxe. I was super happy. Also the alloys definitely look good. Wish they had more colours though. White is actually IMO the colour which looks best on the new Activa 125 and the new Electric blue n the Activa 3g looks really youthful. IMHO, go for the Vespa but mind you p, for us guys, it has to be the Vespa S. Good luck.

Top Bottom