UM Motorcycles: Auto Expo 2016 Coverage

Thread Starter #5

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Akash, could you throw light on the fit and finish of these rides? Any information about the cities they are launching in the first go?
In terms of fit and finish, the display models were well done. Specially the Renegade Sport. About the launch, I at present have no info buddy.

Regards

Akash

I am still very sceptical of this brand. The "Please Do not touch" written over those motorcycles is not at all instilling confidence on these bikes.There was no sighting of any test drive bikes. I don't think there is a definite engine for this bike,which can compete with royal Enfield.

Just curious to know if anyone on TAI has done a booking? and which model, as per @Akash report the product looks & feels good.

Moreover, its website does not have any dealer listing, please update if available.

thanks

The delivery schedule is somewhere in May-June period (as noted from various Auto shows on TV). By then believe the dealership listing would come into place.

Fingers crossed, hope this brand brings in good engine and better rides.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
i am thinking of buying a bike in may-june. budget is one lakh and no don't want a commuter bike and that's when i saw the UM renegade sport s mentioned on bikewale for a cost of just 1.5 lakhs ?

as ambylover pointed out the price seems very low for these bikes. so got confused and did a little search.

these will be manufactured by LOHIA auto ( they have 50:50 partnership with UM ) and they will export these bikes from india so that's why the price is on the lower side.

so any of you guys here have more info about this company ? shelling 1.6 lakhs for a newcomer ? if i buy this i would hear " why didn't you buy a RE with good resale" from everyone :P
UM-Renegade-Sport-S-side-unveiled-at-EICMA-2015.jpg

^^AHC so true, I would be in the same boat this summer, the company webpage does not show dealer listings yet.

I would be considering the Avenger street 220, looks decent, priced about 1L, is desi tried and tested.

OT : by the way is Lohia the same Kanpur LML (it was called Lohia Machines Ltd) which made the LML Vespa?

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
I did consider the avenger street 220 just because of the looks and the decent price tag.
But my first visit to bagga link wasn't that good. Pathetic customer service.

I was also looking at hyusung gt250r but it's priced at 3 lakhs , i know not a cruiser but i like the looks. ( i want a bike with good looks :p everything else comes after) i checked olx and many people have listed the bike at 2,50,000. :/

Anyways checked this. Will see if there is a phone number. A person mentioned in a review that this is just a corporate office and no bikes are on display. And yes it's the same company.

Edit : checked their twitter feed. TD will begin from march after media drive.

Attachments

Last edited:
UM Motorcycles to have 25 dealerships ready

UM motorcycles have launched their bikes at the Auto Expo last month, however deliveries haven’t commenced yet.

The brand has now announced their list of dealerships across 25 cities.
Here is a list of 25 cities:

Amritsar
Chandigarh
Delhi
Noida
Gurgaon
Jaipur
Lucknow
Ahmedabad
Surat
Aurangabad
Nashik
Mumbai
Pune
Thane
Kolhapur
Hyderabad
Vijayawada
Bengaluru
Chennai
Coimbatore
Kochi
Madurai
Guwahati
Imphal
Aizwal

More dealerships are going to be announced as phase 2 very soon.

UM, has started accepting the bookings for their Renegade Commando and Renegade Commando S with a booking amount of Rs 5,000.

Powering the bikes is a 279.5cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke, 4-valve, liquid-cooled petrol motor producing 24.8 BHP of power @ 8500 RPM & 21.8 Nm of torque @ 7000 RPM matched to a 6-speed gearbox.

UM Motorcycles has launched the Renegade Commando cruiser motorcycle in India priced at Rs. 1.59 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi). The Renegade Sport S has been priced at Rs. 1.49 lakh while the Renegade Classic has been priced at Rs. 1.69 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

All the dealerships will become operational from next month and test rides will be offered too. Deliveries of motorcycles are expected to go alive from June or July 2016.
Source

Top Bottom