Piaggio India Unveils Aprilia SR 150 Scooter

Thread Starter #1

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Piaggio India has just unveiled the Aprilia SR 150 in India. The sport themed automatic scooter will be manufactured at the Piaggio facility in Baramati and will be launched in India by August 2016.

The Aprilia SR 150 has been targeted towards the young rider looking at the convenience of an automatic scooter with the sensation of a sport motorcycle. The sport form factor is highlighted by the sharp lines, twin headlamp and the larger 14-inch black alloy wheels. Contrasting black/red and white/red shades also add to the sport theme. Large 220mm front disc brake and sticky tyres are more sport motorcycle like.

A sport themed scooter deserves a peppy motor. Aprilia have offered a 150cc motor which seems to have been borrowed from the Vespa 150. Expect the scooter to produce upwards of 12PS.

Source: 2016 Auto Expo: Piaggio India Unveils The Aprilia SR 150 Scooter - Overdrive

Thread Starter #3

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Aprilia SR 150 local production commences

Would be priced below INR 1 lakh.

OverDrive reports that Piaggio has commenced local production of the Aprilia SR 150 at its Baramati plant. A recent report suggested that the model will be launched by the end of August 2016.

The Aprilia SR 150 is powered by the Vespa 150’s 154.4 cc air-cooled single-cylinder carbureted engine that develops 11.55 PS and 11.5 Nm.

The Aprilia SR 150 had its Indian debut at the Auto Expo 2016 in Greater Noida last month. It is a sport-scooter that shares the Vespa 150’s engine which is already being produced locally. The 154.4 cc air-cooled single-cylinder carbureted engine with three valves would be tuned to develop 11.55 PS at 7,000 rpm and 11.5 Nm at 5,500 rpm. It will be offered with a CVT.

The Aprilia SR 150 will be offered in white and black colours expectedly at different prices.

The notable features of the SR 150 are dual-headlamp, twin-pot instrument unit, 14-inch black alloy wheels, 220 mm front disc brake, performance tyres, and sporty body graphics. The scooter will be offered in two colours – white and black. The model is expected to be priced below INR 100,000 (ex-showroom).

Source: Aprilia SR 150 local production commences

Re: Aprilia SR 150 local production commences – Report

Stunning motoscoot, has all the bells and whistles, 14" rims, disk brakes, twin lamps, etc., but for the speedo & fuel console, which is a eyesore.

A premium brand, so a premium pricing, good move by Vespa, before the other players hit the showrooms.

Re: Aprilia SR 150 local production commences – Report

Well the scooter is stunning to look at but pricing close to a lakh rupee is not justified. These days the foreign brands seem to be milking money from Desi junta under the word premium.
Say it to be premium price it insanely and you have people beelining for spending the money on it.
Note to indian entrepreneur, create a brand outside india and then come to india posing as a foreign brand. You will have great percentage of success in India.

aprilia-sr150-scooter-spied

The Aprilia SR150 automatic scooter which made its Indian debut at the Auto Expo 2016 in February has been spied in Pune ahead of its launch which is slated for August.
The premium 150 cc urban runabout aims to be an early mover in the premium scooter segment in India which is still in nascent stages.
The scooter gets telescopic front fork and disc brake.
This particular machine which is devoid of branding or badging (save for the Aprilia branding on the instrument console) is reported to be in Pune to undergo the homologation process at ARAI (Automotive Research Association of India). The stylish Italian scooter will enter production at Piaggio India’s scooter plant in Baramati, Maharashtra, alongside the Vespas.

The production version Aprilia SR 150 will sport decals, dual-tone color themes, dual-tone seats, 14-inch alloy wheels, apron-mounted headlamps and a sharp bodywork. The automatic scooter has a compact unisex design which would appeal to the urban youngsters.
Link here

Courtesy :Rushlane

Last edited:

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Piaggio India Unveils the Aprilia SR 150 Scooter

Friends,

Piaggio to launch Aprilia SR 150 really soon!​

Piaggio to launch Aprilia SR 150 at Rs 65,000 (on road Pune)

The Aprilia SR 150 is designed and engineered in Italy and will be manufactured at Piaggio’s India plant in Baramati, Maharashtra. The bookings for the Aprilia SR 150 will commence shortly.
Link

Regards

Akash

I have seen these scooters in Pune driven with "on test" stickers. I have spotted 3 riders at magarpatta Pune. The scooter was in red and black shades.

Great start by Aprilia!.

Now this is a revolution that will start power scooter segment in INDIA. I do not understand why not INDIAN manufacturers start such thing first to grab market.

Vespa has no competition for their products in INDIA, still Indian manufacturers do not understand the scope they to expand their territory in INDIA.

I have seen these scooters in Pune driven with "on test" stickers. I have spotted 3 riders at magarpatta Pune. The scooter was in red and black shades.

Great start by Aprilia!.

Now this is a revolution that will start power scooter segment in INDIA. I do not understand why not INDIAN manufacturers start such thing first to grab market.

Vespa has no competition for their products in INDIA, still Indian manufacturers do not understand the scope they to expand their territory in INDIA.
Kinetic Blaze was one powerful scooter with 165cc. But it got lost somewhere as people prefer FE than power and looks.

Akash1886

Honoured Member

Dear Mumbai Taigers,

If you can spare a few hours on evening of 22nd August 2016 for the launch of the Aprilia-sr 150 scooter @ Mumbai then kindly PM Vibhor or Me for the event details and Invite. Please confirm only if 100% sure of attendance for the event.

Regards

Akash

Some more pictures. The guy on the scooter is Lorenzo apparently a famous rider from Italy. I spoke to the Pele from Aprilia and asked him about dealers in South Mumbai there are none and it doesn't seem like there would be any in the foreseeable future. That could be a problem for spares, in fact I am wondering if it's worth buying, or should I cancel my booking. Akash unfortunately with the dazzling lights and the crowd it was difficult to get worthwhile pictures however I believe that the scooters have reached the showrooms.

Attachments

Last edited:

Top Bottom