Honda CBR250R Parts & After Sales & Service: Suggestions Needed

Thread Starter #1
My Honda CBR250R bike is Breakdown ! on 04/11/2015

Recently i got problem starting may bick . Ignition switch is not at all working . No light no engine start totally dead.
I have called the Jhaveri Honda ( Agents ) mechanics .
After 4 calls and reminder he come with no proper tools kit !
He checked all the fuse manually and found not a single fuse is blown
Next he check some wiring but not found any problem
Than he checked one 33 pin socket which is situated just right side of the bike at center place below the faring , he told me that this part is faulty and it will cost you Rs.11000/=

I ask him that do you have said part in your work shop , he inquired with store and inform me that it will be available after 5 days !

I ask him that would you find any problem with Ignition switch , he got no reply.

I ask him why don't you check with meeter that why battery current not pass to Ignition Switch ? even I request him that please bring said part No. 38770-KYJ-T01 5186-102551 KEININ and instal the said part for test whether said part has any problem or other problem persist and bike is not start for other problem.

He told that in his workshop more than 12 bikes have same problem and part is still not available with company !

Next day I visited to Jhaveri's workshop and store / godown situated at Cottongreen . Mumbai . but I have found only one CBR250 bike lying in godown instead of 12 bike , I don't know for what fault ?

But I must say that said technation was lyer and couldn't give me true information , even storekeeper reluctant to give me true story .

I said that if you have above said part just check with it if my bike start with new parts I will ready to buy it but if it is not work than there must be other fault and I must not be charge for said part .

He has told me that I have to bring my bike at their workshop ! I told him that you must check the said part in front of me when it is available and if switch problem than you must rectify it because of I have extended warrantee up to five (5) years . He told me that electronic part has no guarantee hance he is helpless for that.

I have complaining with Hond ( India ) why they have not provide enough parts for such costly bike to their authorised dealers & workshop ?

The reputation of company must be a big question , they should not ignore the customer for after sales & service .

All the electronic parts fitted with the bike has no guarantee . and technician don't know what is the fault . He should be properly qualified and should take inspection keet alongwith so he can test what is the problem with bike.

I request the members of this forum please guide me and help me out if they could .

Yashwant

Warranty does not cover electrical parts? This is something new to me. I don't think the part you are referring to is normal wear and tear part, that part in your bike has clearly malfunctioned (gone kaput) and it SHOULD be covered under warranty. I would say go through the terms and conditions again in your warranty booklet, try with another dealership. Shoot e-mails to higher ups of Honda and try to contact the higher officials of the dealership also.

The technician seems to be untrained and casual. He concluded that the part is kaput even without a proper toolkit. Either he has got super powers or Honda is trying to fool a customer of their high end bike. It may also be possible that the dealership is knowingly delaying the availability so that you end up paying money after frustration. They should ideally replace it for free under extended warranty. I hope you haven't got any modifications on the bike that resulted in the failure of that part.

Top Bottom