Royal Enfield: Technical Queries, Modifications & Pictures

Thread Starter #1
Hello Friends,

It has been observed that in couple of months, Royal Enfield population is on rise at TAI.
Many of us are new owner and first time experiencing bull and many questions pop up in our mind. So lets post our queries, picture and in other words anything about Enfield.

Let me introduce my ride:
TB 500- Ligthning, 3 months old and odo reading 1700 KM and mileage around 25-28KMPL in city condition.
Issue faced so far : Some karr karr noice and now I am used to it.

Request to moderator: Please approve this thread.

Thanks,
Alok

Planned Modification:

I am planning to upgrade the spoke wheel to alloy wheel. In this regard, please let me know what all factors I need to consider. My budget is around 10K for the same, so please suggest the reliable brand.
Only issue is with me that I don't have luxary of time to visit several stores so I will just go and buy from Sandhya Motor JC Road. Please advise if there is better store in Bangalore.

Till now I have put a leg guard, 3m PPF on tank and a side box(studds) to keep rain coats and helment lock.

Note : Image credit goes to Royal Enfield Zone.

Attachments

Re: Royal Enfield: Technical Queries Modifications and Pictures

Congrats Alok! Even I got a new TB350 Lighthing 2 months back . Only modification is addition of a crash guard.

How much the 3M PPF costs? Is it worth? Currently I am covering my bike when not in use and waxing every week. The tank looks shiny till now :)

Last edited:
Thread Starter #3

Congrats Alok! Even I got a new TB350 Lighthing 2 months back . Only modification is addition of a crash guard.
By the way from which showroom you got it? I got it from Electronics City Showroom and would you believe I made booking on afternoon and paid money in evening and got delivery on next day when India was playing against WI in WC :).

How much the 3M PPF costs? Is it worth? Currently I am covering my bike when not in use and waxing every week. The tank looks shiny till now :)
3M PPF cost me just 1000, it is just 1 sqft area on tank, you can from lid to seat. I did waxing only once but getting cleaned regularly by cleaning boy. I would prefer to wax it myself.

Do you clean chain? I got 3M chain lube and applied only once, I wish I could have some more time [frustration] to take care of my rides.

Last edited:

Nice Thread. [clap]

Bought Classic 350 cc silver 5 months back. And still modifications made to my bull is the black crash guard (3 months warranty) and pillion handle at side for holding bags which i have fitted as an accessory. And now i am getting a Fuel Efficiency of 30 - 35 Kmpl till date (Tankful method) within city.

Queries:

1. And will it be nice when i take off the pillion seat in my classic 350 cc?, because most of the time i drive alone in city without a pillion.

2. From day one i had starting problem so i went to the service center and they said that it was the battery which had failed, so i have changed the battery in warranty and now electric start button works well but every morning i start the engine with the choke 'ON' and i press the electric start button and it starts and soon i would be about to close the choke but the engine needs to be accelerated otherwise it would go off after closing the Choke. (Is this a major problem?)

What is the high speed (comfort cruising) for the Classic 350cc in highways?

Thread Starter #5

Nice Thread. [clap]
Bought Classic 350 cc silver 5 months back. And still modifications made to my bull is the black crash guard (3 months warranty) and pillion handle at side for holding bags which i have fitted as an accessory. And now i am getting a Fuel Efficiency of 30 - 35 Kmpl till date (Tankful method) within city.
Congrats and you are getting good fuel economy.

Queries:

1. And will it be nice when i take off the pillion seat in my classic 350 cc?, because most of the time i drive alone in city without a pillion.

It's personal choice, but apart from look what value it will add. Sometime a colleague or friend or even a lift seeker can get benefit if you have pillion seat.

2. From day one i had starting problem so i went to the service center and they said that it was the battery which had failed, so i have changed the battery in warranty and now electric start button works well but every morning i start the engine with the choke 'ON' and i press the electric start button and it starts and soon i would be about to close the choke but the engine needs to be accelerated otherwise it would go off after closing the Choke. (Is this a major problem?)

What is the high speed (comfort cruising) for the Classic 350cc in highways?
Since battery has been replaced and now you can start without any issue hence no issue.
Please follow the manual for run in period and for 1st 500 KM, speed < 50KMPH and next 2000 KM, speed < 70-75 KMPH.
Since I donot have 350cc, so cannot say what would be comfort cruising speed but I guess 70-80 KMPH should be fine. Please build a rapport with your bike and learn it's braking capability and decide accordingly.

Last edited:

By the way from which showroom you got it? I got it from Electronics City Showroom and would you believe I made booking on afternoon and paid money in evening and got delivery on next day when India was playing against WI in WC :).

3M PPF cost me just 1000, it is just 1 sqft area on tank, you can from lid to seat. I did waxing only once but getting cleaned regularly by cleaning boy. I would prefer to wax it myself.

Do you clean chain? I got 3M chain lube and applied only once, I wish I could have some more time [frustration] to take care of my rides.
I got it from Sai Autocraft, Marathalli. Not great place to buy something this expensive. They told me 6 months waiting. But gave the bike in a week.

Bike is going good till now. But weird sound from brakes (kein kein) coming after first service. ,730 KMs gone till now.

I will also do the ppf. I didn't really tried lubricating the chain. Once sprayed wd40 though.

guys i have a classic 350 odo reading now is 22k kms. no problems whatsoever apart from fishtailing in the rain. for which i have found a solution of changing my rear Tyre to 150/70/R17. Also as it is rainy season if you are in considerably high speed do not try braking as it would cause harm to you as well as your bike the solution is to change gears without pressing the clutch. this is a solution one of the mechanics offered as i ride at least one long ride of 600 kms every month. have tried it and is effective compared to braking in rain. this method is only if you are in speeds exceeding 60-70 and its raining else don not use this method in dry conditions. regarding chain lubrication every 15 days check the chain tension as well as lubrication keeping in mind its rainy season. also check the air in your Tyre every week. oil change every 2500 kms for smooth running of the engine. in rainy season always carry a spare spark plug with you and mind you both the spark plugs are of different dimensions so carry both. also if you are going on long rides do carry a clutch cable with you as this is kind of a common problem in RE of clutch cable wearing out.

@ Ertiga ZMR i have the same kind of alloys fitted on my bike but with rear 17" Broader ones to accommodate the Tyre size i mentioned above.
Also you can have a look at it in my ownership review. below is the link
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...yal-enfield-classic-350-ownership-review.html

Last edited:

guys i have a classic 350 odo reading now is 22k kms. no problems whatsoever apart from fishtailing in the rain. for which i have found a solution of changing my rear Tyre to 150/70/R17. Also as it is rainy season if you are in considerably high speed do not try braking as it would cause harm to you as well as your bike the solution is to change gears without pressing the clutch. this is a solution one of the mechanics offered as i ride at least one long ride of 600 kms every month. have tried it and is effective compared to braking in rain. this method is only if you are in speeds exceeding 60-70 and its raining else don not use this method in dry conditions. regarding chain lubrication every 15 days check the chain tension as well as lubrication keeping in mind its rainy season. also check the air in your Tyre every week. oil change every 2500 kms for smooth running of the engine. in rainy season always carry a spare spark plug with you and mind you both the spark plugs are of different dimensions so carry both. also if you are going on long rides do carry a clutch cable with you as this is kind of a common problem in RE of clutch cable wearing out.

@ Ertiga ZMR i have the same kind of alloys fitted on my bike but with rear 17" Broader ones to accommodate the Tyre size i mentioned above.
Also you can have a look at it in my ownership review. below is the link
http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...yal-enfield-classic-350-ownership-review.html
Appreciate the tyre change and the high speed braking methodology.
I would differ about one thing,that is about the oil change interval.No need to change oil every 2500Km.You need to top up the oil. Change of oil is required every 5000 Km. My bike is at 17.5K and have been following this method. Had changed rear drum brake shoes,spark plugs and clutch cable at 15K. All these can be checked during regular 2000 Km service and if required changed.No need to carry this around too. That was required for the old (pre 2009) machines.

heres Mine

IMG_20150622_142744__1434972192_117.208.128.44.jpg

@general max here in the mlore showroom they suggest oil change every 3k kms and not 5k kms guess will have to check with other showrooms.let me check on this. and on the clutch cable we have had issues with post 2009 i mean 2012, 2013, 2014 bulls as we have a group of friends who ride every month. we have experienced this with different bulls of the above said year. so now we have a practice of carrying one as a spare just in case.

Last edited:
maximus for more pictures check my ownership thread as have posted all the pics there. "ATOM" Real Steel Royal Enfield Classic 350 Ownership Review. as while uploading it says the pics are already uploaded so cant upload it once again.

@generalmax i have rechecked with the showroom and they said by books it is 6000 kms however after around 3000 kms the oils viscosity is lost so general practice in the bull community is changing it every 2500kms or 3000 kms. you can also check the public forums on the RE website where this is a general practice followed.

Last edited:
@generalmax i have rechecked with the showroom and they said by books it is 6000 kms however after around 3000 kms the oils viscosity is lost so general practice in the bull community is changing it every 2500kms or 3000 kms. you can also check the public forums on the RE website where this is a general practice followed.
I can understand what you have suggested,but let us think little different here.
When the RE engineers had given time for 5000 to 6000 Kms on their oil( RE engine oil),isn't it an unnecessary expense for an owner? This will make the ownership of the vehicle costly?Isn't it giving bad name to the vehicle? I had seen even the authorized service centres doing the same,where they change the oil whenever we go for 2000 or 2500 Km service.
If the viscosity is going down,then what we must think is about a better engine oil.RE mechanics/service station had been doing 3000 Km engine oil change for years and they wouldn't like to stop the cash flow.Anyway I am running with the period of 5000 Km oil change with flushing and topping up every 2500Km.

Last edited:

Top Bottom