The White Tiger: Royal Enfield Standard 350 Booked

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Booked RE Standard 350cc Bullet..

My passion/interest towards bullet started in 1994 when i started riding two wheelers.. I used to have m80 at that time and all my friends used to say that for my height and weight I should be in bullet not in such small bike.

But somehow the oppurtunity did n't araise.. i have changed various bikes after that but Bullet was just in my dreams. I used to force my son to have bullet (he is also well built and taller than me) but he was having passion towards some recent days modern bikes. Couple of months back he drove a bullet of his friends, and from that day he wanted bullet.

Recently he had scored very good marks in 12th standard. Thought of motivating him by getting a bullet for him (even though it is for him for some time till he his 18 I will driving it and he will be driving in and around only).

Myself was thinking of another bike since my current CT 100 is more than 65k on odo and 11 years old..

Decided one day and booked a bike and the on road was Rs. 1.18L in Chennai. Booked with Velavan motors, virugambakkam. Sales guys seems to ok. and promised me to deliver in 2 months (should be by end of july).

Eagerly awaiting for it.

Planning for some mods

• Changing the single seat to split seat
  • Changing the read light assemble as it is in classic
  • Electronic start
  • Horn
  • Silencer with strong That That sound..

bullet-standard-350-1.jpg

2013-royal-enfield-bullet-5_600x0w.jpg

bullet350UCE_slant-rear_black_600x463_motorcycle.png

bullet350UCE_left-side_black_600x463_motorcycle.png

royal-enfield-bullet-standard-350-640.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Black pearl - Royal enfield Standard 350

Hi Guys,

You could have booked the Classic 350cc instead of Bullet 350cc, for the extra money you pay for the Classic is for the tyres, classic looking headlight, electronic start, dual horns, split seats, etc.

Anyway congrats for your booking [clap]

Re: Black Pearl - Royal Enfield Standard 350 Booked

Sethu what is the waiting period now? Was this booked in virugambakkam showroom?

Just curious, why you chose RE Standard 350cc Bullet when you like the looks of classic(assumed from the mods you want to do)

Is there any difference between both wrt handling and ride or some thing.

-CARleone

Thread Starter #5

Sethu what is the waiting period now? Was this booked in virugambakkam showroom?
Kinky, he said two months. but that could be usual time they give to every one. it might take more than that also.

Yes it is in Virugambakkam show room

Just curious, why you chose RE Standard 350cc Bullet when you like the looks of classic(assumed from the mods you want to do)

Is there any difference between both wrt handling and ride or some thing.

-CARleone
First my budget. And two my knowledge very few differences like disk brake in front, electric starter and some more. Am not keen on disk break.. But I can fix the electric starter later as after market alos..

but now am trying to check with them for Electra which has both but in additional 10k.

Congratulations for your bullet 350 booking.
Came to know you want to go for electra. Go by the looks one will only opt for classic but I would suggest even electra the better.You will be very thankful for disc brakes and electric start .I think that would be a better choice.
Regarding waiting period,I am surprised as this had gone down considerably in Bangalore.Standard is available within 2 weeks.

Last edited:

Kinky, he said two months. but that could be usual time they give to every one. it might take more than that also.

Yes it is in Virugambakkam show room

First my budget. And two my knowledge very few differences like disk brake in front, electric starter and some more. Am not keen on disk break.. But I can fix the electric starter later as after market alos..

but now am trying to check with them for Electra which has both but in additional 10k.
Sethu I will be visiting virugambakkam showroom today to check on thunderbird. Not sure what is the waiting period. I am going to book if the waiting period is shorter.

Thread Starter #8

Sethu I will be visiting virugambakkam showroom today to check on thunderbird. Not sure what is the waiting period. I am going to book if the waiting period is shorter.
That is great. Best of luck. One Mr. Krishna will be there he is the guy who took my booking.

Congratulations for your bullet 350 booking.
Came to know you want to go for electra. Go by the looks one will only opt for classic but I would suggest even electra the better.You will be very thankful for disc brakes and electric start .I think that would be a better choice.
Regarding waiting period,I am surprised as this had gone down considerably in Bangalore.Standard is available within 2 weeks.
Ya i know. I wanted to fix it within my budget. do not want to extent beyond some limit. But let us see. I might be visiting showroom again to find out some more details and might change the booking to Electra or Classic (remote possibility)

Regarding waiting time am surprised... how come it is very less in bangalore?

Pls let me know the advantages of Elect start and disk brakes (that too in front)

Last edited:

I am also surprised about the waiting period coming down,just because I got a call from RE showroom for my enquiry.The caller said he is from so and so dealer and all the vehicle other than TB500 will be available in 1 month time. I think,the demand had gone down in Bangalore due to consistent rains.
Regarding Disc brakes,well, we all know disc brakes are more efficient and faster in braking.Front disc brakes in conjunction with the rear drum brakes makes this heavy vehilce easy to stop.We undervalue front brakes a lot,but in my experience directly braking the back brakes makes the vehicle to skid.With a powerful disc brakes skidding reduces and stopping efficiency increases.
Electric start is favoured because its not easy to kick start a bullet now also.In my case,I just kick-start the first time in the day.After that every time I use the push start which is very easy for the legs.The weight of the engine is also very high and kick starting the engine by supporting the vehicles weight on one leg, can be painful and risky sometimes.

Thread Starter #10

I am also surprised about the waiting period coming down,just because I got a call from RE showroom for my enquiry.The caller said he is from so and so dealer and all the vehicle other than TB500 will be available in 1 month time. I think,the demand had gone down in Bangalore due to consistent rains.
Regarding Disc brakes,well, we all know disc brakes are more efficient and faster in braking.Front disc brakes in conjunction with the rear drum brakes makes this heavy vehilce easy to stop.We undervalue front brakes a lot,but in my experience directly braking the back brakes makes the vehicle to skid.With a powerful disc brakes skidding reduces and stopping efficiency increases.
Electric start is favoured because its not easy to kick start a bullet now also.In my case,I just kick-start the first time in the day.After that every time I use the push start which is very easy for the legs.The weight of the engine is also very high and kick starting the engine by supporting the vehicles weight on one leg, can be painful and risky sometimes.
ya. you are right. even now in my CT100 I use both the breaks. but i was scared of disk brakes in front being disk break is powerful.

Regarding kick start, I tried it in show room found to be easy. might be once it is easy and on regular basis it could be difficult.

Try to upgrade the rear tyre to wider ones. The stock ones are notorious in wet conditions. From my personal experience the stock brakes are adequate under normal conditions. The new UCE model is much easier to drive than the older Cast Iron ones since the bike feels lighter to handle thanks to the construction of engine. Must be due to repositioning of center of gravity. UCE engine is much peppier than the old CI ones. But the CI engine delivered huge torque right from the word go and is unique to drive. I drove the bullet after a gap of almost a decade and felt the model very easy to drive even in heavy traffic thanks to better dynamics. Congrats for booking this iconic motorcycle.

Congratulations from a RE lover.Anyway a nice selection.I am also a huge fan of Standard 350.It is the only model with 'BULLET' badge except 500.You are lucky since the waiting period is only 2 months.Here in Kerala they are asking a 5-8 months for 350s.

[*]Silencer with strong That That sound..
Seems like you have to deal with warranty related issue.

If you like,please change the rear view mirrors to that of classic series(chrome wrapped).

Re: Black Pearl: Royal Enfield Standard 350 Booked

here's my report sethumuruganji

The reason why everyone is suggesting disk brakes is First its a heavy bike and under wet conditions it causes Fishtailing. I am sure lots of bulleteers have experienced this problem in RE's. also in my opinion classic 350 would have been a practical and sensible choice. one for its looks other for its breaking and seating position. Though cushioning in all RE's are bad except for Thunderbird. Also classic has good resale value in the market compared to other models. the rear Tyre in standard 350 and Electra are thinner than the ones offered on classic. wider tires is equal to better grip if inflated correctly. ( otherwise whichever the Tyre is if over inflated no grip is available). i strongly suggest you to please consider a change. for your son as it might be his first heavy bike experience. safety is a must not that others who are used to biking don't require safety at least they would know other means to lower the speed.

Also once you have purchased any model make sure you go for a good crash guard. a very essential accessory for RE's

i also agree with you on electric start. its a good feature however one can do without it but disk brakes is a need of the hour, do not cut on this.

Also with the list of changes you have mentioned its better to go for Classic 350 instead. regarding the sound i would suggest a Reverse cone Wild Bore silencer which is very pleasant to the ears as well as no side effects to the engine. but anyways your warranty will be void once you change it. the reason i suggest Wild boar Reverse cone is because of my experience. i own a classic 350 of which ownership review is on its way. Also in case you can please change the stock Tyre to something wider for better road grip and braking.
Rest its you who is going to purchase so listen to what your mind and heart says. we all are here to give suggestions.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #14

here's my report sethumuruganji

The reason why everyone is suggesting disk brakes is First its a heavy bike and under wet conditions it causes Fishtailing. I am sure lots of bulleteers have experienced this problem in RE's. also in my opinion classic 350 would have been a practical and sensible choice. one for its looks other for its breaking and seating position. Though cushioning in all RE's are bad except for Thunderbird. Also classic has good resale value in the market compared to other models. the rear Tyre in standard 350 and Electra are thinner than the ones offered on classic. wider tires is equal to better grip if inflated correctly. ( otherwise whichever the Tyre is if over inflated no grip is available). i strongly suggest you to please consider a change. for your son as it might be his first heavy bike experience. safety is a must not that others who are used to biking don't require safety at least they would know other means to lower the speed.

Also once you have purchased any model make sure you go for a good crash guard. a very essential accessory for RE's

i also agree with you on electric start. its a good feature however one can do without it but disk brakes is a need of the hour, do not cut on this.

Also with the list of changes you have mentioned its better to go for Classic 350 instead. regarding the sound i would suggest a Reverse cone Wild Bore silencer which is very pleasant to the ears as well as no side effects to the engine. but anyways your warranty will be void once you change it. the reason i suggest Wild boar Reverse cone is because of my experience. i own a classic 350 of which ownership review is on its way. Also in case you can please change the stock Tyre to something wider for better road grip and braking.
Rest its you who is going to purchase so listen to what your mind and heart says. we all are here to give suggestions.
Thank you very much for your wonderful advice/help. Only thing is budget. already spent a lot in college/school etc in last 2 months. anyway, let me look all the possibilities of going for classic. At-least i will try with Electra to my level best which has both electric start and disk break.

Thread Starter #15

Guys finally changed the booking to Electra magic black. It seems Classic has more waiting period.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom