New Bajaj Avenger 200 Launched!

Re: Bajaj Avengers Launched - 3 models

the street 220 and the cruise 220 looks promising at that price. though i would have like a different colour tone on the street 220 which looks like a discover paint job.

im wondering how did they price both cruise and street at the same price while the street comes with alloy wheels and cruise comes with conventional spoke wheel rims. also both have the same disk brakes and then how come they cost the same.

arent the alloys a bit costlier than spoke wheels if so what have they compromised on street.

A few observations, Digital Analog meter, handle lock moved to a more convenient place closer to seat, they should have changed the tail lamp with LED's.

Street 220 looks stunning

I can imagine a frustrated Cruise 220 owner pushing his punctured Avenger with the Street 150/220 owners having a hearty laugh while passing him sitting on their motorcycles laden with tubeless rubber :biggrin:

OT: As usual, reporter saab.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Re: Bajaj Avenger's 2 New Models Launched

checked the street 220 today. thinking of replacing my thunderbird 350 with this. i know it will be a downgrade in terms of engine and looks but it will be a change for me.
the paint is in matte finish although it's not as good as the vespa's and even the matte finish of jupiter. maybe this one was not kept in good condition.
on road price delhi is around 95000 rs. will get my thunderbird valued from the dealer.

Attachments

Last edited:

Looks good. But, The older versions of Avenger height was low which was bit uncomfortable for my riding style. Is it still the same or they heightened them?

@allhyundaicars I am also planning to get Street 220. I also did a TD on the day of launch and really liked it. I am currently having Jupiter and will be replacing it with Street 220. Apart from this I was also planning to go for TBird 350 but it is going out of my budget.
By the way, how come the on-road price in Delhi is 95k? Whereas here in Nagpur they gave me a on-road price of 90k (I have a quotation for that). Also may I know the reason for you to switch to street 220 from TBird 350? The reason I am asking is because as mentioned earlier I was also planning to buy TBird 350.

@raaj please check out the video below in this it mentions that the height is slightly increased along with tweaks to the rear suspension for better ride comfort.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vve31u4-E5o

Last edited:

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

@ tripranav - the tax rate in delhi for motorbikes are 6% if less than 60k and 8% if more than 60k( don't know the higher limit)

so maybe nagpur has lesser tax rate.

i have a 2009 TB350 and has covered only 12000 kms. not that much of a bike enthusiast but still needed a bike so bought which i liked the most. for me bullet is over valued for what it offers. people go gaga over bullets just because of the hype. my friend's 2014 classic has the same problems which i faced in my 2009 model. where the hell is the development ?

anyways. yeah i won't mind selling this bike and trading for the avenger.

now i think this street 220 will turn heads [evil]

Last edited:

@ tripranav - the tax rate in delhi for motorbikes are 6% if less than 60k and 8% if more than 60k( don't know the higher limit)
so maybe nagpur has lesser tax rate.
i have a 2009 TB350 and has covered only 12000 kms. not that much of a bike enthusiast but still needed a bike so bought which i liked the most. for me bullet is over valued for what it offers. people go gaga over bullets just because of the hype. my friend's 2014 classic has the same problems which i faced in my 2009 model. where the hell is the development ?
anyways. yeah i won't mind selling this bike and trading for the avenger.
now i think this street 220 will turn heads
Agree to the over valuation comment.Somehow there is always scope for improvement in case of RE [;)]. But,that doesn't make it a loser.I had avenger and classic 350.I got good money on Classic when I sold it off but lost half on Avenger. Avenger also broke down many times(!) rather than RE. Hope this model of avenger is a better make,but the graphics is really not up to the mark.The bike was suppose to get the SS200 engine.It also didn't happen.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member

Agree to the over valuation comment.Somehow there is always scope for improvement in case of RE [;)]. But,that doesn't make it a loser.I had avenger and classic 350.I got good money on Classic when I sold it off but lost half on Avenger. Avenger also broke down many times(!) rather than RE. Hope this model of avenger is a better make,but the graphics is really not up to the mark.The bike was suppose to get the SS200 engine.It also didn't happen.
hey generalmax. congrats for your tb350 [thimbsup] i am not saying it is bad at all , it's just that i didn't expect the same problem in my friend's bike. another friend's 2014 electra also had petrol leaking problem same as my bike.

if avenger broke down i can easily get it fixed by a road side mechanic. i have mentioned this incident before , the clutch wite broke and i was in a middle of a market. 3 mechanics denied even checking the bike :p had to drag the bike around 400 meters and he told me a shop to get the clutch wire. you won't believe i had to go to the shop thrice because he didn't give me the correct wire. he said there are so many models. in the end the mechanic fixed it temporarily and went to enfield service center and replaced it.
( service center cost was less than the local market)

so i will say buy 2 clutch wire today only and keep it. it will come in handy. won't go much ot , will discuss in your ownership thread.

when you have a RE and you going on long rides its a habit of riders to carry Clutch Cable, Accelerator Cable and a Chain Link in case those who have RE's arent doing it pls do it. you would be spared from pushing the gigantic mammoth on the roads and having a calorie loss.:biggrin:

Having said that I like Avengers any given day for its seating i have mentioned that earlier in many threads. so i mention it here as well. one of the best cruiser seating position you can find. however once you ridden RE and go back to avenger you will feel it as if its puny as well as you feel that the engine is underpowered. These are my views and my views only.

The Stcikering reminds me to Discover i don't know why but whenever i see the street stickering i get reminded of discover. is it me or anybody else also feels the same.

Planning to replace my sons Caliber 115 2003, with the 220 street, looks absolute VFM, with the alloy wheels and fat rubber, just buy the Cruise's windshield, stonking HD Street lookalike.

As mentioned by many, RE's are surely overpriced, and leak like hell.

Top Bottom