Yamaha‬ YZF-R3 Officially Launched in India

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
11205043_887652944614805_2209052953899745437_n.jpg

Friends, Imported by Yamaha earlier this year, YZF-R3 is spotted Testing In India.

The bigger YZF-R3 is powered by a 320cc inline twin-cylinder DOHC engine, producing a peak power output of 42 PS and a peak torque figure of 29.6 Nm. The engine comes paired with constant mesh, 6-speed transmission.
link

Regards

Akash

Why the hell these bikes have a stupid pillion ?
These bikes are sports bike and they are only meant to be driven in Race tracks but i also wondered why did they bring this type of concept to india and who made this a legal one for our indian roads.

But then still the sporty stance of the bike makes the rider to be sick with the back bone pain, wrist and shoulder bone pain that's why it is said to be driven only in Race track and still the competitors in the race track would not drive all the way to the track instead their bikes are being transported in a seperate Truck to the race track. And the riders would drive it for a short period only.

Then there should be no pillion seat why there should be a quarter pillion and I see even our guys are carrying ladies as pillion which is totally not safe so the Rto should make this a single seater and not allow two in these kind of bike.

Then there should be no pillion seat why there should be a quarter pillion
I think it is mainly because to make the bike street legal they should have added an extra quarter pillion seat. Still as you said i have also seen many ladies as pillion which is the most dangerous thing in Indian roads with more amount of potholes even a single toss/jerk from the pothole to the bike would make the pillion to be tossed off high from the bike as it has a high seating and pillions suffer with more injuries than the riders. So atlast its we indians who had made the mistakes, the mistakes are:

a) Let the companies to create a street legal 1st floor pillion seated bikes. [frustration]
b) Even though many of us know the consequences which will be faced by us when we buy a sports bike but we Indians won't think of any other comfortable bike for us and pillion and we just buy the sports bike for the sake of image or to show off.
c) No one is fighting against the companies for producing these type of bikes which may lead to many fatalities, and for not producing a bike which is opt for our country.
d) Appreciating the companies to produce more and more sports bike.

Yamaha r3, launch alert!!

Quarter litre segment has seen a lot of competition already. The new comer to it is the Yamaha r3. The obvious leader here is the ktm with its 390 duke and its sibling, the rc 390. Well, that’s for the obvious reason, you get 43 bhp of power, ABS, metzelers and other equipment at a cracking price way less than its competitors. The power to price ratio is way better than the other motorcycles in this class. But there are some downsides to it as well. The stiff suspension, the uncomfortable seats, pillion ride comfort isn’t good either (rc’s pillion seat is comfortable though), RC is too much track focused which makes riding in traffic and highway cruising a painful task. The engine is a single cylinder handling 373cc isn’t that refined and the long gearing ratios make riding in traffic difficult, as you will have to ride it in 1st gear and due to which the engine heats really fast and the hot air is deflected to your legs.
Kawasakis are also offering the ninja 300 and the z 250 but they are very expensive, less powerful compared to the ktm siblings and the maintenance is expensive and time taking too (ninja 300 is good Rs 2 lacs more than the 390 duke) . But, they are refined as they are parallel twin and the riding stance is sporty yet not that track focused, so basically they are comfortable machines. Benelli is also there with its tnt 300 which is very comfortable and has cruising capability but it is heavy. It has 38 ps of power but it doesn’t feel that agile and sporty. And yes with a price tag of Rs 3,37,754 on road delhi, it is good 1 lakh rupees more expensive than the 390 duke.

The Yamaha R3 is stepping into a market which is seeing competition already. It has to be different and appealing at the same time. If I am a perspective quarter litre buyer, I would want it to be fast, powerful, nimble, confident so that I can take to the track, should be comfortable while cruising in the highways and the engine shouldn’t heat up while stop and go traffic or else it will make my daily rides painful, and should be a head turner. Concluding it, I want it all at a price which will provide me the most bank for my buck. Coming back to the r3, if we talk numbers, it is a liquid cooled parallel twin fuel injected 321cc motor making 42 PS power at 10750 RPM and 29.6 Nm of torque at 9000 RPM. It has 41 mm telescopic suspension at the front and adjustable monoshock at the rear. The front tyre is 110/70 17inch and the rear is 140/70 17inch. The tyres would be Michelin probably. It has ABS as standard which most of the bikes in this segment doesn’t even have as an option. The tank capacity is 14 litres which is good enough for the highway rides. Unlike the r15, r3’s stance isn’t that track focused. Though the rider’s triangle is sporty as the foot pegs are rear set but the rider sits more upright which makes the stance comfortable. It looks sporty and neat,*weighs 169 kgs wet which is few kilos heavier than the rc but still is lighter than the other motorcycles in its class. This will make it easy to ride. The built quality is excellent too.

I cannot tell you about its performance unless I ride one but I feel that it wont disappoint at all seeing it’s sibling, the R15, which was an excellent motorcycle. Rumors say it would be competitively priced around 2.2 to 2.6 lacs which wont hurt your pocket seeing the configuration.

I cannot wait to ride this Japanese machine. Watch out for the detailed review of the R3 when it hit the Indian shores.

Avinash Singh

I don't think people here get the concept of sport bike. It is a commuter and touring bike just like cbr250. its not a bike to be ridden on potholes with all the power.
And no r3 is not only track focused bike.

The Yamaha R3 is no match with KTM RC 390, KTM offers ABS, Metzelers, 43HP, more torque(atleast more than R3), twin projectors, perfect racing ergos, upside down WP shock abosrbers, punchy engine, racy exhaust note and price Rs. ~2.5-2.75L!

Nairrk

Honoured Member
Yamaha YZF-R3 Discontinued In India; New-Gen Likely Launch In 2021

2020-Yamaha-YZF-R3-gets-two-new-colour-3-1021x574.jpg

Yamaha’s India division will be discontinuing the popular YZF-R3 soon as it won’t be on sale when BSVI emission standards come into effect from April 1, 2020. The Japanese manufacturer has introduced the BSVI compliant version of its existing models already as the R15 V3.0, Fascino 125, Cygnus Ray ZR 125 Fi and MT15 were unveiled in an event in Chennai back in December 2019.

The YZF-R3 unfortunately is not part of the BSVI lineup though as it has not gained Euro5 updates in the overseas markets. Only limited BSIV stocks appear to be available across the country and new reservations are not being taken as the engine won’t be upgraded. Locally, the YZF-R3 had been brought into the country via CKD (Completely Knocked Down) channel.

Read:

Top Bottom