Honda Cub: New Bike For Rural Segment

Thread Starter #1
Honda as been working on a new affordable, which will become the new entry-level to the brand.
CES3w3UXIAE1SHN.jpg

It looks confirmed that this bike will be called as the Honda Cub, a name that the Japanese bike maker had used for its old mopeds. Honda will be targeting the rural market with this scooter to outrun the mopeds that are sort of under powered.

With an aggressive pricing, rural buyers would shift to a scooter than a moped. This is expected to become a more affordable scooter that is currently available in India.
Honda is far ahead of competition in the scooter segment and one it wants to extend its lead to the rural markets as well. The Cub will have 14-inch wheels and shall weigh under 100 kilograms. This will a stylish and yet affordable scooter for the rural buyers. At the moment, there is no competition in this segment and Honda will have the advantage.
Honda Cub will be the new entry-level scooter

Re: Honda Cub - for rural segment

A good replacement for mopeds.I don't understand why there is a rural tag? If its at 45 K on road why shouldn't it be a hit in urban areas too? Is this geared or automatic ? I remember something like this from Honda way back in the 90s,called as street with auto clutch.It was more like a bike than a scooter. No competition since bajaj had forgotten the art of making scooters.

hey genralmax we also had kinetic K4 if im not wrong to compete with the street. however the company closed thats a different story altogether. However this one looks cool and youthful but still if asked whether i would go for this or bajajM80 people in rural india not urban rural but authentic rural they would still settle for a M80.

Top Bottom