Yamaha Launches "Saluto 125" Motorbike *Update* Disk Brakes Added

Thread Starter #1

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Friends,

Two-Wheeler Major Yamaha's next launch for the Indian 2-Wheeler market would be the "Saluto 125" Motorbike which is at present being tested. The forthcoming bike is expected to be priced around Rs. 60K.

Yamaha-Saluto.jpg

Yamaha Saluto to feature the same 125cc engine that the current models use but with some tweaks to improve its power and efficiency. It is expected to churn out around 11 PS or power and 10.5 Nm of torque which will ensure it is fast enough to zip through city traffic. The current 5-speed gearbox will most likely be used on the new commuter. A disc brake might be offered as an option to add to the premium-ness of the bike.
Link

Regards

Akash

Re: Yamaha To Launch "Saluto 125" Motorbike in April 2015

Yamaha is commiting the same mistake it did in the late 90's of trying to capture the mass market and loosing sight of the segment that made them what they are in India.

Please correct me if I am wrong is there anybody who actually cares about 125c.c. scooter and bike launch from Yamaha?

Dont do this Yamaha its high time for launching the 250/300 c.c. lest you want to loose out on that market entirely.

I agree with you Kinshuk. Majorly people buying 100-125 CC bike do not consider Yamaha as an option.

Yamaha must think on it. It time to Launch 200-350 CC bike. Honda has already captured a big mark in this segment.

It is time to change the taste of INDIA biker. Automobile industry must think on launch of Café Racer styling and off-roader like Hero Impluse.

Day before yseterday I went to the newly opened Benelli showroom in wakdewadi, the looks of the bikes is not that great but since I might be in need of an upgrade from my FZ I dont have much options. However, if the MT25/3 looks like the way MT125 looks I am surely in for an early booking and yes they should sound good too.

IMO, this is same as gladiator 125 with only name changed. If Yamaha wants to survive, it has to develop 200 - 250 cc beasts to compete with bajaj, honda, suzuki etc. If Yamaha continues the same trend, it will surely have give up competetion and become history !

IMO, this is same as gladiator 125 with only name changed. If Yamaha wants to survive, it has to develop 200 - 250 cc beasts to compete with bajaj, honda, suzuki etc. If Yamaha continues the same trend, it will surely have give up competetion and become history !
No, it is not the same gladiator, it looks conservative, not as sporty as Gladi or SS125, looks like engine is NOT based on the YBR series engine.
If Yamaha is delaying a launch of a product, then it has some meaning, they are doing extensive research whether that product suits an average Indian and Indian road conditions, India and Indonesia is never the same!
Yamaha, will, become, history?[lol]

@RVSB, I dont think Yamaha has added any extra featurs to this model. Look at the specs, they are same as glady or ss 125. Although the performance of both the bikes are awesome, i doubt this will attract customers. Nowadays, an average customer in india is looking for bike beyond 150 cc. 150 cc seems to be a starting point. By offering small engined bikes, Yamaha can never taste success [confused]

Yamaha is already rocking the 150cc segment.
They only cant compete the 100(or 110) cc and 125cc segment.

Thread Starter #9

Akash1886

Honoured Member
Re: Yamaha "Saluto 125" Motorbike Now Launched.

Friends,

Yamaha has launched the Saluto 125cc Motorbike today at Rs. 52,000 Ex-Delhi.

Official Press Release

yamaha-saluto-launched-press-release-1-638.jpg

yamaha-saluto-launched-press-release-2-1024.jpg

link

Regards

Akash

No, it is not the same gladiator, it looks conservative, not as sporty as Gladi or SS125, looks like engine is NOT based on the YBR series engine.
As I said, the engine is not based on the YBR series.
It develops much lesser power than SS or gladiator, just 8.5 BHP!
The engine is developed on the Blue Core technology.

And the front looks much like FZ v2. FZ v2 owners, [cry]!!!
The all black theme looks stunning!
Especially, the red looks so awesome.

Yamaha Saluto Disc Brake Version Launched at Rs. 54,500

Yamaha India that had launched the Saluto earlier this year, today rolled out the disc brake version of the bike in the country. Launched at Rs. 54,500 (ex-showroom, New Delhi), the disc brake model also gets new colours and graphics. The bike comes in four new colours - Glory Green, Bold Blue, Dashing White and Majestic Red.
yamaha-saluto-disc-brake_678x352_71437132183.jpg
Since it's just the same bike albeit with disc brake, there is no mechanical change made to the 125cc motorcycle. It continues to feature the same Air cooled, 4 stroke, SOHC, 2- Valve engine, based on the Blue Core Engine Development ideal, that is good for 8.2bhp and 10.1Nm. Weighing 113kg, the Saluto's engine is lightest in its category and is claimed to return an impressive 78km/l.

Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Roy Kurian, Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. said: "It has been our hallmark to continually innovate our products to have a strong connect with our customer base and ensure utmost customer delight. The new Saluto is aimed to provide safer and more controlled biking experience for the city traffic conditions. The same will be available in vibrant color schemes and graphics to boost sales and create more excitement amongst customers."

Source: www.auto.ndtv.com

Re: Yamaha Saluto Disc Brake Version Launched at Rs. 54,500

What ?Disc brake? When is the next update with push start? [lol].Yamaha people,what are you doing with this outdated design ? Isn't this the old libero ? Callousness and Stupid design have a new name. Saluto .Just 'lota' would have been enough.

Re: Yamaha Saluto Disc Brake Version Launched at Rs. 54,500

Commenting on the occasion, Mr. Roy Kurian, Vice President - Sales and Marketing, Yamaha Motor India Sales Pvt. Ltd. said: "It has been our hallmark to continually innovate our products to have a strong connect with our customer base and ensure utmost customer delight. The new Saluto is aimed to provide safer and more controlled biking experience for the city traffic conditions. The same will be available in vibrant color schemes and graphics to boost sales and create more excitement amongst customers."

Source: www.auto.ndtv.com
So this is yamaha's new innovation 'A Disc break'!!

Top Bottom