Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Launched in India

Thread Starter #1
In latest news, Bajaj Auto, known to produce India’s most affordable yet exciting range of motorcycles, have just released what seem to be a twirl in their nomenclature game and an elevation in its portfolio, with a new offering. What was rumored to be Bajaj’s soon-to-be flagship motorcycle – the Pulsar 200 SS, has dropped an ‘S’, now zooming through, is an old fashioned yet meaningful – ‘R.’ Christened – The Bajaj Pulsar RS 200.

Source : Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 teased ahead of official launch - News - Autocar India Mobile Edition

Attachments

Thread Starter #2
Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 : Things to know

e new Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 will be launched in India on March 26, 2015. A highly awaited motorcycle, it is expected to set new performance benchmarks in the sub-Rs 1.50 lakh sportsbike segment. We have been often treated to spy shots on the interweb on the Pulsar RS 200. However, this is the first time ever that Bajaj has officially teased the motorcycle via a video. Apart from the silhouette which doesn’t change much from the SS 400 showcased at the expo, there are a lot of previously unknown details which can be gleaned from this video. Here’s what you should know about the Bajaj Pulsar RS 200.

Source : Bajaj Pulsar RS 200: Things To Know

Attachments

Thread Starter #5
Re: Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Teased

Bajaj Auto, with the help of Mattighofen-based sportsbike manufacturer – KTM – has developed its new 200cc Pulsar called the RS 200. The motorcycle is fully faired, and is rumored to have the same engine as the Pulsar 200 NS. Bajaj will launch the new Pulsar RS 200 on the March 26 in Mumbai. We take a closer look at the bike and compare it to rivals – the KTM RC200 and the Honda CBR 250R – on paper.

Source : Bajaj Pulsar RS 200 vs rivals: specs comparison - News - Autocar India Mobile Edition

Attachments

Last edited:
Thread Starter #7

The Pulsar RS 200 is Bajaj’s newest sportsbike that will go on sale on March 26. In the nomenclature, the ‘RS’ stands for Race Sport. Bajaj Auto has been putting out teasers of the upcoming motorcycle on its Facebook page all of last week, along with a countdown timer set for the launch date.

Source : Bajaj Pulsar RS200: All you need to know - News - Autocar India Mobile Edition

Attachments

Thread Starter #8
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 ABS snapped in detail ahead of launch tomorrow – Spied Read more:

Information available thus far suggests that the Pulsar RS200 will be available in at least two variants – with and without ABS. The version with ABS has a sticker on the front mudguard, as seen in these images. The RS200 will be the first Pulsar to get this safety feature.

Power for the RS200 will come from the 200 NS’s 199.5 cc triple-spark single-cylinder engine, though it remains to be seen if this engine is offered with a fuel-injection system. According to Bajaj’s Turkish website, the RS200 develops 24.4 ps and 18.6 Nm of torque.

Source : Bajaj Pulsar RS200 ABS spied in detail, launch tomorrow

Attachments

Thread Starter #10
Bajaj Pulsar RS200 launched at Rs 1.18 lakh

Bajaj has launched the fully faired version of the Pulsar 200NS in India, the RS200, at Rs 1.18 lakh for the non-ABS version and at Rs 1.30 lakh for the ABS version, ex-Delhi. The Bajaj Pulsar RS200 is said to be the fastest Pulsar yet with a claimed top speed of 141kmph.

The Bajaj Pulsar RS200 is powered by the same 199cc engine from the NS200. However, in the RS, it makes 24.5PS of power and 19Nm of torque, with liquid cooling and fuel injection. The same 6-speed manual transmission from the NS helps transmit power to the road. The claimed fuel efficiency is nearly 54kmpl, if ridden at 58kmph, says Bajaj.

Source : Bajaj Pulsar RS200 Launched At Rs 1.18 Lakh

Attachments

Got a chance to test ride the bike yesterday thanks to Jai bajaj.

POSTIVES:

1. head lights are super bright. left one is for low and right one is for high beam. only on high beam both can be switched on.
2. seat height is lesser than NS. short riders will be very happy.
3. funky console.
4. design and fairing.
5. ABS.
6. braking is ways better than any pulsar. Bikes offer sufficient bite without wheel locking.
7. tyres offer good grip.

NEGATIVES:

1. felt at the weight at parking lot speeds.
2. is not comfortable for a u turn due to weight.
3. seat padding is horrible. a aftermarket seat would do justice.
4. pillion seat is for name sake. Whether it's a male or female pillion you need to be a super fit model.

Did not get chance to push the bike above 80 at the test drive was in during dawn, at 80 the bike was very comfortable.
6. fairing noise. there was slight nose from fender and engine cover.
7. the test drive clutch had a springy feel.

I'm looking at a replacement for my 68,000 old zma. may consider this?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #12

Got a chance to test ride the bike yesterday thanks to Jai bajaj.

POSTIVES:

1. head lights are super bright. left one is for low and right one is for high beam. only on high beam both can be switched on.
2. seat height is lesser than NS. short riders will be very happy.
3. funky console.
4. design and fairing.
5. ABS.
6. braking is ways better than any pulsar. Bikes offer sufficient bite without wheel locking.
7. tyres offer good grip.

NEGATIVES:

1. felt at the weight at parking lot speeds.
2. is not comfortable for a u turn due to weight.
3. seat padding is horrible. a aftermarket seat would do justice.
4. pillion seat is for name sake. Whether it's a male or female pillion you need to be a super fit model.

Did not get chance to push the bike above 80 at the test drive was in during dawn, at 80 the bike was very comfortable.
6. fairing noise. there was slight nose from fender and engine cover.
7. the test drive clutch had a springy feel.

I'm looking at a replacement for my 68,000 old zma. may consider this?
Hey buddy, Great to see your personal feel and review of the bike buddy. One of my main question is how was the ride quality and the seating position buddy. I hope this one gives mercy to your back rather than the RC 200. If your budget is under Rs.1.50 lakhs I would suggest to go and sign up the cheque for the ABS variant. And yeah regarding the ABS I heard its only for the front wheel and not the rear. Is it true buddy. Waiting for your call on this. I feel Bajaj has indeed moved its game forward as they have priced it very tempting and is lots of Value for money. I'll be checking out the bike this weekend so will let you know my review of the bike.

The ride quality is plush and soaks up most bumps. ride quality is better than NS. the ride quality is close to ZMA. but the downside is handling, it can't be compared to a R15 or a KTM. KTM is light years ahead of ss. The ABS and FI are sourced from Bosch. ABS is for front wheel only. But the downside is the weight, a whopping 20 kgs which affects handling.

I would wait for the HX before going for a replacement and i feel the zma has a bit of life left in it.

Thread Starter #14
The ride quality is plush and soaks up most bumps. ride quality is better than NS. the ride quality is close to ZMA. but the downside is handling, it can't be compared to a R15 or a KTM. KTM is light years ahead of ss. The ABS and FI are sourced from Bosch. ABS is for front wheel only. But the downside is the weight, a whopping 20 kgs which affects handling.

I would wait for the HX before going for a replacement and i feel the zma has a bit of life left in it.
How about the riding posture buddy? Is it typical sports bike? What do you feel about the one wheel abs buddy? But its good that ABS is present as its a safety feature and is needed in our roads.

the riding posture is commuter freindly. it's not back breaking as KTM. I would say the riding posture is some what similar to 2014 zmr expect that you hold the handle bar at a bit higher postion.

Personally i felt the braking very good, didn't do any panic breaking so not sure not about the feel of ABS kicking in.

Top Bottom